Reed Mathis Announces West Coast Tour
Bassist Reed Mathis will soon embark on a trio tour featuring guitarist Clay Welch and drummer Josh Raymer. The three-piece will focus on the West Coast between June 13 – 28.
The tour begins at Harlow’s in Sacramento on June 13. From there, the Reed Mathis Trio will head to Northern California for shows in Nevada City on June 14 and Redding on June 15. It’s then off to Oregon for performances in Applegate, Eugene and Portland. The Pacific Northwest portion of the tour also includes stops in the Washington cities of Olympia and Bellingham as well as Talent, Oregon. Mathis & Co. will end the run at The Blue Note Napa in Napa, California on June 28.
Reed recently revealed the songs the band has been working up for the run:
- Oakland Stroke / Don’t Change Horses (Tower of Power)
- Can You Picture That (Muppet Movie)
- Misty Mountain Hop (Led Zeppelin)
- Too High (Stevie Wonder)
- Whiskey River (Willie Nelson)
- Save The Last Dance For Me (Nilsson)
- I’m A Ram (Al Green)
- You Haven’t Done Nothin’ (Stevie Wonder)
- Instant Karma! (John Lennon)
- Oklahoma Hills (Bob Wills)
- All I Need (Radiohead)
- You Can Make It (Sly & Family Stone)
- Fight Test (Flaming Lips)
- Vibrate (Rufus Wainwright)
- The Numbers (Radiohead)
- Let ‘Em In (Wings)
- Stand! (Sly & Family Stone)
Mathis heads to Ardmore Music Hall in Ardmore, Pennsylvania this weekend to perform at both nights of Unlimited Devotion: A Celebration Of The Grateful Dead. Reed will play as part of The Wavy All Stars on Friday and the Rooster Conspiracy on Saturday.