By using or visiting the Site, you expressly agree to be bound by these Terms and to follow these Terms and all applicable laws and regulations governing the Site. JamBase reserves the right to change these Terms at any time, effective immediately upon posting on the Site. If you violate these Terms, JamBase may restrict or terminate your use of the Site.
You agree that you are only authorized to visit, view and to retain a copy of pages of this Site for your own personal use, and that you shall not duplicate, download, publish, modify or otherwise distribute the material on this Site for any purpose other than for personal use unless otherwise specifically authorized by JamBase. The content and software on this Site is the property of JamBase and/or its suppliers and is protected by U.S. copyright laws.
Restrictions on Use
You understand that on JamBase and our subsidiary pages and sites (JamBase Festivals, JamBase Tickets, MyJamBase), you may voluntarily provide personal information either during registration, in response to a JamBase promotion, in Forums, in MyJamBase Journals, via user comments, on your personal profile, or elsewhere on the Site. You represent, warrant and agree that no materials of any kind submitted through your account or otherwise posted, transmitted, or shared by you on or through the Site will violate or infringe upon the rights of any third party, including copyright, trademark, privacy, publicity or other personal or proprietary rights; or contain libelous, defamatory or otherwise unlawful material. In addition, you agree not to use the Site to:
- harvest or collect email addresses or other contact information of other users from the Site by electronic or other means for the purposes of sending unsolicited emails or other unsolicited communications;
- use the Site in any unlawful manner or in any other manner that could damage, disable, overburden or impair the Site;
- use automated scripts to collect information from or otherwise interact with the Site;
- use any robot, spider, site search/retrieval application, or other automated device, process or means to access, retrieve, scrape, or index the Site or any Site content;
- upload, post, transmit, share, store or otherwise make available any content that we deem to be harmful, threatening, unlawful, defamatory, infringing, abusive, inflammatory, harassing, vulgar, obscene, fraudulent, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable;
- use the Site to transmit or post spam, chain letters, contests, junk email, pyramid schemes, surveys, or other mass messaging, whether commercial in nature or not;
- upload, post, transmit, share, store or otherwise make publicly available on the Site any private information of any third party, including, addresses, phone numbers, email addresses, Social Security numbers and credit card numbers;
- solicit personal information from anyone under 18 or solicit passwords or personally identifying information for commercial or unlawful purposes;
- upload, post, transmit, share or otherwise make available any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
- intimidate or harass another user;
- upload, post, transmit, share, store or otherwise make available content that would constitute, encourage or provide instructions for a criminal offense, violate the rights of any party, or that would otherwise create liability or violate any local, state, national or international law;
- upload, post, transmit, share, store or otherwise make available content that, in the sole judgment of JamBase, is objectionable or which restricts or inhibits any other person from using or enjoying the Site, or which may expose JamBase or its users to any harm or liability of any type.
You are solely responsible for the photos, profiles (including your name, image, and likeness), messages, notes, text, information, music, video, advertisements, listings, and other content that you upload, publish or display (hereinafter, "post") on or through the Site, or transmit to or share with other users (collectively the "User Content"). You may not post, transmit, or share User Content on the Site that you did not create or that you do not have permission to post. You understand and agree that JamBase may, but is not obligated to, review the Site and may delete or remove (without notice) any Site Content or User Content in its sole discretion, for any reason or no reason, including User Content that in the sole judgment of JamBase violates these Terms, or which might be offensive, illegal, or that might violate the rights, harm, or threaten the safety of users or others. You are solely responsible at your sole cost and expense for creating backup copies and replacing any User Content you post or store on the Site or provide to JamBase. When you post User Content to the Site, you authorize and direct us to make such copies thereof as we deem necessary in order to facilitate the posting and storage of the User Content on the Site. By posting User Content to any part of the Site, you automatically grant, and you represent and warrant that you have the right to grant, to JamBase an irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive, transferable, fully paid, worldwide license (with the right to sublicense) to use, copy, publicly perform, publicly display, reformat, translate, excerpt (in whole or in part) and distribute such User Content for any purpose, commercial, advertising, or otherwise, on or in connection with the Site or the promotion thereof, to prepare derivative works of, or incorporate into other works, such User Content, and to grant and authorize sublicenses of the foregoing. You may remove your User Content from the Site at any time. If you choose to remove your User Content, the license granted above will automatically expire, however you acknowledge that JamBase may retain archived copies of your User Content. JamBase does not assert any ownership over your User Content; rather, as between us and you, subject to the rights granted to us in these Terms, you retain full ownership of all of your User Content and any intellectual property rights or other proprietary rights associated with your User Content.
Links to Third Party Sites
JamBase may reference or link to third party sites throughout the World Wide Web. JamBase has no control over these sites or the content within them. JamBase cannot guarantee, represent or warrant that the content contained in the sites is accurate, legal and/or inoffensive. JamBase does not endorse the content of any third party site, nor do we warrant that they will not contain viruses or otherwise impact your computer. By using the Site to search for or link to another site, you agree and understand that you may not make any claim against JamBase for any damages or losses, whatsoever, resulting from your use of the Site to obtain search results or to link to another site. If you have a problem with a link from the Site, please notify us at legal [at] JamBase [dotcom]
YouTube API Services
We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to modify, suspend or discontinue any part of this Site at any time, with or without notice to you. We also reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to impose limits on certain features and services and to restrict access to any part or to all of the Site without notice to you. We shall not be liable to you or any third party for any claim or cause of action arising out of our exercise of the foregoing rights.
JamBase is not liable for any lost data resulting from the operation of the Site or the enforcement of the Terms. We urge all users to maintain their own back up versions of any User Content or other information they submit to the Site.
We will terminate the privileges of any user who uses this Site to unlawfully transmit copyrighted material without a license express consent, valid defense or fair use exemption to do so. In particular, users who submit User Content to this Site, whether articles, images, stories, software or other copyrightable material must ensure that the User Content they upload does not infringe the copyrights or other rights of third parties (including, but not limited, to trademark, trade secret, privacy or publicity rights). After proper notification by the copyright holder or its agent to us, and confirmation through court order or admission by the user that they have used this Site as an instrument of unlawful infringement, we will terminate the infringing users' rights to use and/or access to this Site. We may, also in our sole discretion, decide to terminate a user's rights to use or access to the Site prior to that time if we believe that an alleged infringement has occurred.
Copyright Dispute Policy
JamBase has adopted the following policies and procedures toward copyright infringement in accordance with Title 17, United States Code, Section 512(c), which is part of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act ("DMCA"). The address of JamBase's Designated Agent to Receive Notification of Claimed Infringement ("Designated Agent") is provided at the bottom of this section. It is JamBase's policy to (i) respond to notices of alleged copyright infringement that comply with the DMCA; and (ii) terminate the accounts of those determined by JamBase to be "repeat infringers."
Procedure for Reporting Copyright Infringements. If you are a copyright owner or agent thereof, and believe that your copyright is being infringed in connection with the Site, please send a written notification to the Designated Agent detailing the alleged infringement. Your written notification must include:
- Identification of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed;
- Identification of the Content on the Site that allegedly infringes upon the copyrighted work at issue, and information reasonably sufficient to permit JamBase to locate such Content;
- A statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the use of the Content identified in your notice in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law;
- A statement by you that you attest, under penalty of perjury, that the information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner's behalf; and
- Your physical or electronic signature, together with your contact information (address, telephone number and, if available, email address).
- Please note that JamBase may, at its sole discretion, send a copy of such notices to third parties for publication. For example, your letter (with personal information removed) may be forwarded to Chilling Effects (http://www.chillingeffects.org) for publication. Please note that you may be subject to liability under Section 512(f) of the DMCA if you materially misrepresent that content on the Site infringes your copyright.
- Procedure to Supply a Counter-Notice to the Designated Agent. If you believe that Content has been mistakenly removed from the Site pursuant to this DMCA policy, you may send a written counter-notice to the Designated Agent including the following:
- Identification of the Content that was removed, and the location on the Site where it would have been found prior to its removal;
- A statement under penalty of perjury that you have a good faith belief that the Content was removed as a result of a mistake or misidentification;
- A statement that you consent to the jurisdiction of the Federal District Court for the judicial district in which your address is located, or if your address is located outside the United States, for any judicial district in which JamBase is located, and that you will accept service of process from the person who provided notification under 512(c)(1)(C) or an agent of such person; and
- Your physical or electronic signature, together with your contact information (address, telephone number and, if available, email address).
Address for Designated Agent. Please contact the Designated Agent at the following address:
Copyright Agent, JamBase, Inc.
1 Zoe Street
San Francisco, CA 94107
Phone: (415) 543-7000
Fax: (415) 543-7775
Email to: legal [at] JamBase [dotcom]
The Designated Agent should only be contacted in connection with the issues raised in this Section. All other inquiries directed to the Designated Agent will not be responded to; instead, such inquiries should be made through the procedures referenced in Sections 15 or 22 below.
Disclaimers and Limitation on Liability
JAMBASE DOES NOT PROMISE THAT THE SITE WILL BE ERROR-FREE, UNINTERRUPTED, OR THAT IT WILL PROVIDE SPECIFIC RESULTS FROM USE OF THE SITE OR ANY CONTENT, SEARCH OR LINK ON IT. THE SITE AND ITS CONTENT ARE DELIVERED ON AN "AS-IS" AND "AS-AVAILABLE" BASIS. JAMBASE CANNOT ENSURE THAT FILES YOU DOWNLOAD FROM THE SITE WILL BE FREE OF VIRUSES OR CONTAMINATION OR DESTRUCTIVE FEATURES. JAMBASE DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING ALSO ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. JAMBASE WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OF ANY KIND ARISING FROM THE USE OF THIS SITE, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, AND PUNITIVE AND CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. JAMBASE MAKES NO GUARANTEE OF ANY SPECIFIC RESULT FROM USE OF THIS SITE.
JAMBASE DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL LIABILITY FOR THE ACTS, OMISSIONS AND CONDUCT OF ANY THIRD PARTY USERS, JAMBASE USERS, ADVERTISERS AND/OR SPONSORS ON THE SITE OR OTHERWISE RELATED TO YOUR USE OF THE SITE. JAMBASE IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE PRODUCTS, SERVICES, ACTIONS OR FAILURE TO ACT OF ANY VENUE, PERFORMER, PROMOTER OR OTHER THIRD PARTY IN CONNECTION WITH OR REFERENCED ON THE SITE.
Without limiting the foregoing, you may report the misconduct of users and/or third party advertisers, service and/or product providers referenced on or included in the Site to JamBase at legal [at] JamBase [dotcom]
IN NO EVENT WILL JAMBASE BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, OR FOR LOST PROFITS, REVNUES OR BUSINESS OPPORTUNITIES, EVEN IF JAMBASE HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
You agree to indemnify and hold JamBase and its affiliates, and each of JamBase's and its affiliates' respective officers, agents, employees, contractors and principals, harmless from any loss, liability, claim or demand, including reasonable attorneys' fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of your use of the Site, including also your use of the Site to provide a link to another site or to upload content or other information to the Site.
U.S. Export Controls
This Site and software derived from this Site is further subject to United States export controls. No software from this site may be downloaded or otherwise exported or re-exported: (i) into (or to a national or resident of) Cuba, Iraq, Libya, North Korea, Iran, Syria, or any other Country to which the U.S. has embargoed goods; or (ii) to anyone on the U.S. Treasury Department's list of Specially Designated Nationals or the U.S. Commerce Department's Table of Deny Orders. By downloading or using the Site or any software derived there from, you represent and warrant that you are not located in, under the control of, or a national or resident of any such country or on any such list.
Choice of Law
Any disputes with JamBase regarding use of the Site will be governed by the laws of the State of California without regard to its conflict of law provisions and you consent to personal jurisdiction, and agree to bring all actions, exclusively in state and federal courts located in San Francisco County, California.
JamBase and GO SEE LIVE MUSIC! are registered trademarks of JamBase, Inc. All rights reserved.