Phish Shares ‘Live Bait Vol. 13’ Compilation & Announces ‘Baker’s Dozen’ Webcasts
Phish continued a pre-tour tradition today by sharing a compilation of live tracks played in cities the band will visit on their upcoming tour. Live Bait Vol. 13 features 13 fantastic tracks selected by Phish archivist Kevin Shapiro. The compilation can be downloaded for free in MP3 format or streamed via LivePhish+. In addition, webcasts of all 13 “Baker’s Dozen” shows at New York City’s Madison Square Garden spanning July 21 – August 6 are now available for pre-order.
The Live Bait compilation begins with the all-time version of “The Wedge” Phish laid down during their last visit to Chicago’s Northerly Island back on July 20, 2014. Next up is an experimental “Run Like An Antelope” played at Pittsburgh’s I.C. Light Amphitheater as fireworks were going off at nearby Three Rivers Stadium. The compilation continues with a standout “It’s Ice” featuring “Kung” within from December 30, 1995 at Madison Square Garden in New York City.
Live Bait Vol. 13 also contains a 15-minute “Piper” from Phish’s December 30, 2011 show at MSG as well as a rare rendition of “Icculus” laid down at The Garden on December 31, 2013. One of the highlights of the compilation is a mind-blowing “Mike’s Song” > “Swept Away” > “Steep” > “Weekapaug Groove” sequence from Phish’s October 22, 1996 visit to Madison Square Garden. The “Freakapaug” saw the stage invaded by dancers as the quartet brought “Weekapaug” to a furious peak.
A wild “Carini” > “Wolfman’s Brother” that goes in a very spacey direction from the New Year’s Run opener in 1998 at MSG comes next and spans over 37 minutes. Then there’s the acclaimed “Holy Ghost” from the Vermonters’ New Year’s Eve show in 2010 and a memorable “Tweezer” from Phish’s MSG debut on December 30, 1994. A 2009 visit to Madison Square Garden is represented by a “You Enjoy Myself” from December 4, 2009 and the compilation ends with the “Hourglass Jam,” aka “No Men In No Man’s Land” > “Auld Lang Syne” > “Blaze On” from December 31, 2015.
Head here to download
As for the webcasts, the broadcasts are available individually or via a “Baker’s Dozen” pass. Each webcast can be pre-order in HD or SD formats. Phish Summer Tour 2017 begins on Friday night in Chicago.
Live Bait Vol. 13 Tracklist
- The Wedge (7/20/14 FirstMerit Bank Pavilion at Northerly Island, Chicago, IL) 14:46
- Run Like An Antelope (7/18/93 I.C. Light Amphitheater, Pittsburgh, PA) 14:54
- Tube (12/29/97 Madison Square Garden, New York, NY) 10:36
- It’s Ice > Kung > It’s Ice (12/30/95 Madison Square Garden, New York, NY) 9:25
- Piper (12/30/11 Madison Square Garden, New York, NY) 15:15
- Icculus (12/31/13 Madison Square Garden, New York, NY) 5:23
- Mike’s Song > Swept Away > Steep > Weekapaug Groove (10/22/96 Madison Square Garden, New York, NY) 21:13
- Light > Party Time (12/30/16 Madison Square Garden, New York, NY) 22:49
- Carini > Wolfman’s Brother (12/28/98 Madison Square Garden, New York, NY) 37:23
- Ghost (12/31/10 Madison Square Garden, New York, NY) 14:10
- Tweezer (12/30/94 Madison Square Garden, New York, NY) 22:30
- You Enjoy Myself (12/4/09 Madison Square Garden, New York, NY) 21:14
- No Men In No Man’s Land > Auld Lang Syne > Blaze On (12/31/15 Madison Square Garden, New York, NY) 38:30
Tour Dates for