Contest: Enter To Win Paul McCartney’s ‘Egypt Station’ Traveller’s Edition Box Set
Paul McCartney recently released a deluxe limited edition box set of his 17th solo album, Egypt Station. JamBase is giving away a copy of Egypt Station Traveller’s Edition, McCartney’s first ever US #1 solo debut and third solo #1 album. Enter to win here.
True to the inspiration behind its title, Egypt Station’s 14 songs combine to convey a unique travelogue vibe. Between the opening and closing instrumentals “Station I” and “Station II,” each song finds Paul capturing a place or moment before transporting the listener seamlessly to the next destination.
Stops along the way include an acoustic meditation on present-day contentedness (“Happy With You”), a timeless anthem that would fit on virtually any album of any McCartney era (“People Want Peace”), and an epic multi-movement closer clocking in at seven minutes with a song suite structure harkening back to the days of Paul’s previous combos (“Despite Repeated Warnings”). The result is a kaleidoscopic journey through myriad musical locales and eras, yet firmly rooted in the here and now–with Paul’s singular unmistakable melodic and lyrical sensibility serving as a guide.
Egypt Station Traveller’s Edition is housed in a vintage-style suitcase and features previously unreleased tracks, hidden rarities and “all the essentials needed on your journey to Egypt Station and beyond.” The one-time-only pressing is limited to 3000 numbered cases.
The Egypt Station artwork was co-designed by Ferry Gouw and Gary Card. Here’s Gouw’s insight into the creative process:
Paul described Egypt Station as a mythical place that exists in your dreams. So the art direction of the album was based on the idea that through the music we are transported into a fantasy world, traveling station to station, encountering new landscapes and colorful characters.
The Traveller’s Edition was an opportunity to embed this idea of travel into an elaborate physical object. Naturally, we arrived on the idea a vintage suitcase. We imagined that you’re taking this suitcase to the fantastical land of Egypt Station, which conjures up the classic image of a long journey on a train, or a ship, or a plane, and the kind of essential travel kit you would take with you in your suitcase: your tickets, playing cards, postcards, jigsaw puzzle. The map of Egypt Station is another visual depiction of the journey through music (tracklisting becomes literal tracks of your route from one song to the next). The outside of the suitcase is adorned with travel stickers, again insinuating the multiple stops along the way and the excitement that still lies ahead.
Finally, to complete the package, a nice hand-written note from Paul sends you on your way into Egypt Station.
Check out the full details of the Egypt Station Traveller’s Edition below:
The Egypt Station Traveller’s Edition Details:
• Limited Edition Concertina Tri-Fold Deluxe 180G Vinyl Double Black Disc Pressing of Egypt Station
• Exclusive Limited Edition Bonus 180G Vinyl Pressing of Egypt Station II in “Night Scene” blue, featuring three previously unreleased tracks — “Frank Sinatra’s Party,” “Sixty Second Street” and extended cut of Egypt Station single “Who Cares” — as well as four live performances of Egypt Station tracks taken from Abbey Road, The Cavern Club, LIPA, and Paul’s iconic performance at Grand Central Station
• Limited Edition Egypt Station Concertina CD
• Exclusive Limited Edition collector’s Egypt Station Blue Cassette
• HD Audio of all tracks upon shipment
• Additional rare performance footage hidden inside
• Luxury vintage-style embossed Egypt Station artwork suitcase
• An exclusive copy of a handwritten note from Paul
• Fold out, vintage-style Egypt Station illustrated map suitable for framing
• Travel memorabilia including “travel itinerary,” postcards, baggage tickets and first class ticket
• Egypt Station luggage stickers
• Travel journal featuring copies of Paul’s handwritten lyrics
• Two Egypt Station lithographs of Paul’s paintings
• 500+ piece jigsaw puzzle
• Egypt Station playing cards
• And additional hidden surprises and rarities
[Sponsored Content: Capitol Records is a client of JamBase]