March Madness 2022 Live Covers Tournament – Round 2
Vote for your favorite Round 2 covers now through Sunday night.
JamBase’s March Madness Live Covers Tournament continues with Round 2. The fan-voted competition features a current field of 16 covers battling to be crowned this year’s champion.
Following last year’s format, Round 1 consisted of head-to-head covers of the same song. The top vote-getter for each head-to-head competition moved on to Round 2 to compete against a different song.
There were two extremely close matchups in Round 1, as Norah Jones‘ cover of The Beatles’ “I’ve Got A Feeling” received just three more votes than ALO with Tea Leaf Green. The other razor-thin margin of victory went to Umphrey’s McGee with special guest Kanika Moore and their cover of The Rolling Stones’ “(I Can’t Get No) Satisfaction” edging out Dave Matthews Band with Mavis Staples by only one single vote.
The original songs and performances were selected and seeded by the JamBase Editorial Team. As with last year’s tournament, in an effort to level the playing field, the covers are listed without comment or commentary, letting them “speak” for themselves.
Vote for your favorite songs, favorite bands, favorite guest spots, pick a cover that’s most like the original or one that’s a wholly new arrangement … It’s up to you to decide the criteria for who should win each round. Round 2 voting is open between now and 11:59 p.m. PT on Sunday night (March 13).
Now Go Vote On Live Music!
1. Phish vs. Gov’t Mule
Which cover do you prefer, "If Six Was 9" or "Creep?"
- Phish covering Jimi Hendrix's "If Six Was 9" 65%
- Gov't Mule covering Radiohead's "Creep" 35%
2. My Morning Jacket vs. Norah Jones
Which cover do you prefer, "Oh Sweet Nuthin'" or "I’ve Got A Feeling?"
- My Morning Jacket covering "Oh Sweet Nuthin'" 59%
- Norah Jones covering "I’ve Got A Feeling" 41%
3. Widespread Panic vs. Greensky Bluegrass
Which cover do you prefer, "Hallelujah" or "Speed Of The Sound Of Loneliness?"
- Widespread Panic covering Leonard Cohen's "Hallelujah" 65%
- Greensky Bluegrass covering John Prine's "Speed Of The Sound Of Loneliness?" 35%
4. Tedeschi Trucks Band vs. Pigeons Playing Ping Pong
Which cover do you prefer, "River" or "Dancing In The Street?"
- Tedeschi Trucks Band covering Joni Mitchell's "River" 73%
- Pigeons Playing Ping Pong covering Martha & The Vandellas' "Dancing In The Street" 27%
5. Billy & The Kids with Billy Strings and James Casey vs. Joe Russo’s Almost Dead
Which cover do you prefer, "Tangled Up In Blue" or "Comfortably Numb?"
- Billy & The Kids with Billy Strings and James Casey covering Bob Dylan's "Tangled Up In Blue" 66%
- Joe Russo’s Almost Dead covering Pink Floyd's "Comfortably Numb" 34%
6. Robert Randolph, G. Love, Michael Kang, Garrett Sayers, Nigel Hall & Nikki Glaspie vs. moe.
Robert Randolph, G. Love, Michael Kang, Garrett Sayers, Nigel Hall & Nikki Glaspie – Thank You Falettinme Be Mice Elf Agin by Sly & The Family Stone | January 16, 2020
Which cover do you prefer "Thank You Falettinme Be Mice Elf Agin" or "ln Memory of Elizabeth Reed?"
- moe. covering The Allman Brothers Band's "ln Memory of Elizabeth Reed" 61%
- Robert Randolph & Co. covering Sly & The Family Stone's "Thank You Falettinme Be Mice Elf Agin" 39%
7. Goose vs. Steve Earle & Aoife O’Donovan
Steve Earle & Aoife O’Donovan | February 2017
Which cover do you prefer, "Mississippi Half-Step Uptown Toodeloo" or "Willin'?"
- Goose covering Grateful Dead's "Mississippi Half-Step Uptown Toodeloo" 67%
- Steve Earle & Aoife O'Donovan covering Little Feat's "Willin'" 33%
8. The String Cheese Incident with The Infamous Stringdusters vs. Umphrey’s McGee with Kanika Moore
Which cover do you prefer, "White Freightliner Blues" or "(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction?"
- UM & Kanika Moore covering The Rolling Stones' "(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction" 51%
- SCI & The Infamous Stringdusters covering Townes Van Zandt's "White Freightliner Blues" 49%
JamBase’s 2022 March Madness Live Covers Tournament is powered by the JamBase Live Video Archive (JBLVA), which features over 100,000 live music videos that are easy-to-find, filter and watch all in one convenient place. Explore the JamBase Live Video Archive (JBLVA) for more live covers that might make the JamBase March Madness Live Covers tournament next year. Stay tuned for Round 3 to see who wins this week’s covers competition. Round 2 voting is open until 11:59 p.m. PT on Sunday night (March 13).