The Highwomen Confirm Debut Album & Share ‘Redesigning Women’ Single
The Highwomen will release their self-titled debut album on September 6 via Low Country Sound/Elektra Records. The supergroup featuring Brandi Carlile, Maren Morris, Natalie Hemby and Amanda Shires shared the video for the album’s lead single, “Redesigning Women.”
Shires first hinted at the project when she “jumped the gun” back in January. The group was confirmed in March. Recording sessions were held with producer Dave Cobb at Nashville’s historic RCA Studio A. Others contributing to the album include Sheryl Crow on background vocals and bass, vocalist Yola, Cobb on acoustic and electric guitars, guitarist (and Shires’ husband) Jason Isbell, Carlile’s band mates bassist Phil Hanseroth, guitarist Tim Hanseroth and drummer Chris Powell, as well as former Gregg Allman Band keyboardist (who has collaborated with Shires) Peter Levin. Carlile, Hemby, Morris, Shires, Isbell and the Hanseroths earned songwriting credits, as did Ray LaMontagne, Miranda Lambert, Lori McKenna, Rodney Clawson and others.
“Anyone can be a Highwoman,” Carlile stated. “It’s about banding together, abandoning as much ego as humanly possible, holding one another up and amplifying other women every chance we get. Shoulder to shoulder. One push, one love.”
Watch the “Redesigning Women” video directed by Elizabeth Olmstead and featuring cameos by Wynonna Judd, Tanya Tucker, Lilly Hiatt, Cassadee Pope, Lauren Alaina, Kassi Ashton, Cam, Catie Offerman, Erin Rae, Raelynn, Natalie Stovall, Anna Vaus and Hailey Whitters below:
- Highwomen (written by Brandi Carlile, Amanda Shires, Jimmy Webb)
- Redesigning Women (written by Natalie Hemby, Rodney Clawson)
- Loose Change (written by Maren Morris, Maggie Chapman, Daniel Layus)
- Crowded Table (written by Brandi Carlile, Natalie Hemby, Lori McKenna)
- My Name Can’t Be Mama (written by Brandi Carlile, Maren Morris, Amanda Shires)
- If She Ever Leaves Me (written by Amanda Shires, Jason Isbell, Chris Thompkins)
- Old Soul (written by Maren Morris, Luke Dick, Laura Veltz)
- Don’t Call Me (written by Amanda Shires, Peter Levin)
- My Only Child (written by Natalie Hemby, Amanda Shires, Miranda Lambert)
- Heaven Is A Honky Tonk (written by Brandi Carlile, Natalie Hemby, Ray LaMontagne)
- Cocktail And A Song (written by Amanda Shires)
- Wheels Of Laredo (written by Brandi Carlile, Tim Hanseroth, Phil Hanseroth)
Tour Dates for
We don’t currently have any upcoming shows for The Highwomen.
Pro Tip: Click “Add to My Bands” above and we’ll notify you when The Highwomen announces shows in your area.