Giant Country Horns To Reunite For James Brown Dance Party Show
Late last month independent concert promoter CEG Presents revealed an initial slate of concerts to coincide with Phish’s New Year’s Eve run at Madison Square Garden. CEG recently added another batch of pre- and post-Phish parties that will take place at a number of NYC venues between December 28 and 31.
Among the additions is a James Brown Dance Party featuring drummer Clyde Stubblefield of The James Brown Band along with the original trio of Giant Country Horns that accompanied Phish during the Summer of 1991. The lineup for the late night show on New Year’s Eve at the Gramercy Theatre consists of Stubblefield, The Giant Country Horns (Dave Grippo, Carl Gerhard, Russ Remington), Elise Testone, Maurice Brown (Tedeschi Trucks), Adam & Matt Chase (Jazz is Phish), Morgan Price (Charles Bradley), Matt Harnett (Lauryn Hill) and more to be announced.
In addition Pink Floyd/Phish/Talking Heads tribute band Pink Talking Fish will perform Floyd’s Animals LP in its entirety while intertwining animal-themed songs by Phish and The Talking Heads late night on December 30 at NYC’s Gramercy Theatre. Also, Grateful Dead tribute act Stella Blue’s Band will present a New Year’s Eve pre-party at American Beauty on the afternoon of December 30, death-funk dance trio lespecial will play a late night show at DROM on December 29 and Hayley Jane & The Primates will offer a tribute to David Bowie late night on December 28 at Lucille’s at B.B. King’s Blues Club.
The recent additions join previously announced shows from Snarky Puppy, Dead Sessions, Marcus King Band, Holly Bowling and a Thankful For Amy tribute to Amy Winehouse led by Elise Testone. Tickets for all shows and more information can be obtained here.
CEG Presents Pre- & Post-Phish Parties Lineup
Wednesday, December 28
- 11:30 p.m. – Thankful For Amy – An All-Star Tribute to Amy Winehouse feat. Elise Testone & very special guests TBA at The Cutting Room
- 11:55 p.m. – Hayley Jane And The Primates Do Bowie at Lucille’s at B.B. King’s Blues Club
Thursday, December 29
- 4:00 p.m. – Dead Sessions at American Beauty
- 11:55 p.m. – Dead Sessions at American Beauty
- 11:55 p.m. – lespecial at DROM
Friday, December 30
- 11:55 p.m. – The Marcus King Band at The Cutting Room
- 11:55 p.m. – Pink Talking Fish: Animals at Gramercy Theatre
Saturday, December 31
- 4:00 p.m. – Holly Bowling at The Cutting Room
- 4:00 p.m. – Stella Blue’s Band at American Beauty
- 1:00 a.m. (January 1) – Snarky Puppy at Irving Plaza
- 2:00 a.m. (January 1) – James Brown Dance Party: The Funkiest All-Star Tribute In Show Business feat. Clyde Stubblefield, The Giant Country Horns, Elise Testone & More