Bonnaroo: PE, DiFranco Amadou & Mariam, Murs, Comedy

BONNAROO MUSIC AND ARTS FESTIVAL ANNOUNCES MORE ACTS FOR 2009 EVENT
PUBLIC ENEMY, AMADOU & MARIAM, ANI DIFRANCO, SHADOWS FALL AND MORE CONFIRMED
JIMMY FALLON, DAILY SHOW STARS, AZIZ ANSARI AND MORE PRESENTED IN "THE COMEDY SWEET"

Bonnaroo 2008 by Rod Snyder
The Bonnaroo Music and Arts Festival has added over a dozen musical acts and a full comedy program to its 2009 event, rounding out an already stellar lineup. Updates include established artists such as Public Enemy and Ani DiFranco along with reggae mainstays the Itals and Wailing Souls, African superstars Amadou & Mariam, underground rapper Murs, metal favorites Shadows Fall and High on Fire, R&B ingénue Janelle Monae, electronic soul duo Pretty Lights, bluegrass guitarist Tony Rice, and indie-world buzz bands Passion Pit, Hockey and White Rabbits.

In addition to its stellar music programming, Bonnaroo will feature a dynamic host of national headlining comics in its ever-popular seated, air-conditioned comedy venue. Presented by Butterfinger and newly named "The Comedy Sweet," the tent will welcome some of TV's most hilarious personalities, including late-night host Jimmy Fallon and Triumph the Insult Comic Dog, who will present "Bonnapoo 2009," a variety show with music, stand up, classic clips, unaired material, interviews and insults. Also on tap is "An Evening with The Daily Show," featuring correspondents John Oliver, Rob Riggle and executive producer Rory Albanese. Michael Ian Black and Michael Showalter are also confirmed to perform ahead of the debut of their new Comedy Central show Michael and Michael Have Issues, along with Office spin-off Parks and Recreation star Aziz Ansari, Flight Of The Conchords regulars Kristen Schaal and Arj Barker, the legendary Todd Barry, Nick Thune, Wayne Federman, Nick Kroll, Kurt Braunholer, Amy Schumer, Kumail Nanjiani and Pete Holmes. Outside The Comedy Sweet, comics will engage Bonnaroo attendees with pop-up gags throughout the festival grounds. Starting next month, to build excitement for Bonnaroo comedy, The Butterfinger Comedy Network (butterfingercomedynetwork.com) will air routines from previous Bonnaroo comedy performances including clips from Lewis Black, Brian Posehn and Joe DeRosa.

BONNAROO 2009 ARTISTS:
Janelle Monáe
Hockey
Pretty Lights

BONNAROO 2009 COMEDY LINEUP:
Jimmy Fallon
Triumph the Insult Comic Dog Presents Bonnapoo 2009
An Evening (or Afternoon) with the Daily Show featuring John Oliver & Rob Riggle
Michael Ian Black & Michael Showalter
Aziz Ansari
Kristen Schaal
Arj Barker
Todd Barry
Rory Albanese
Wayne Federman
Nick Thune
Nick Kroll
Kurt Braunohler
Amy Schumer
Kumail Nanjiani
Pete Homes

Check out our 2008 coverage of Bonnaroo here.

[Published on: 3/25/09]

Comments

POTKETTLEB1ACK Wed 3/25/2009 01:00PM

POTKETTLEB1ACK

they're gearing up for a better artist announcement I promise you - ABB, Widespread Panic, The Dead, or Ratdog guaranteed.

UmphVolta Wed 3/25/2009 01:01PM

These are disappointing additions but still a great line-up. The comedy line-up is pretty good, it's just too bad i never have time to catch any of the acts because of everything else going on.

pointless888 Wed 3/25/2009 01:11PM

I wish so much that I could believe your "promise" Potkettle

irtimed Wed 3/25/2009 01:17PM

irtimed

flava flav will be at bonnaroo.

weenhead420 Wed 3/25/2009 01:17PM

weenhead420

Interesting...but I hope something hyper comes along...DAFT PUNK for e.g. would do!

Badgerboy Wed 3/25/2009 01:18PM

Badgerboy

jimmy fallon is AWFUL. this line up is meh. Im happy there are better festivals out there. This is entertaining for a wide verity of people though so have fun!

boom shanker Wed 3/25/2009 01:19PM
Dire46daysWolf Wed 3/25/2009 01:19PM

Dire46daysWolf

ani difranco is so sexy

shoffer Wed 3/25/2009 01:19PM

I hope potkettle is right...these are nice additions but I was expecting more...nothing wrong with John Oliver and Rob Riggle though

AintNoFreedom starstarstarstar Wed 3/25/2009 01:22PM

AintNoFreedom

I don't know... With the add of Public Enemy, Ani Difranco and Pretty Lights; it's getting harder and harder to say no to Bonnaroo this year. Despite being f'n broke.

malkin99 Wed 3/25/2009 01:23PM

$300 for flavor of love 4? sounds intriguing

dankb23 Wed 3/25/2009 01:26PM

dankb23

pretty lights and public enemy are good additions... dunno about the rest... the comedy tent is clutch for cooling off staying outta the sun for an hour and laughing ur ass off and recouperating for some sick late night shows

Entangled Minds Clothing Wed 3/25/2009 01:27PM

Entangled Minds Clothing

BonerZoo

GeorgieP starstarstarstarstar Wed 3/25/2009 01:28PM

GeorgieP

Tony Rice, Pretty Lights, Public fucking Enemy?! Yes, please.

ajtrue78 Wed 3/25/2009 01:30PM

ajtrue78

1st, they typically only make one addition announcement.

2nd, Dead and Panic are headliners, which are already decided unless they bump BBoys or NIN, which I don't see happening.

3rd, bands as big as ABB, Dead, WP, etc get announced with the initial linuep. Bands like RRandolph, Black Crowes, etc are usually leading the 2nd announcement.

4th, am I not able to go to a festival again without having shitty last-decade or last-century hip-hop artists shoved down my throat?

If this is it, what a waste of time.

If it weren't for Phish, I'd be heading straight to Rothbury.

mattchu Wed 3/25/2009 01:32PM

mattchu

boom shanker, its because phish is there all weekend, playing friday and sunday, where the boss will just be there saturday, and saturdays headliner usually runs top of the list. They know phish is gonna have more fans there and bring more heads. who the fuck cares what order its in anyway?

t_swann Wed 3/25/2009 01:33PM

boom_shanker44 - the boss is headlining on Saturday night. Phish has two shows.

this is good for the first round. definitely down with heartless bastards and public enemy

i'd still expect more to come. Roo is the premiere festival and they have to combat the competition in the festival market

newtongimmick Wed 3/25/2009 01:34PM

newtongimmick

Shadows Fall baby! Time for some mid-afternoon violence!! hell yes..haha

Atacka Wed 3/25/2009 01:39PM
jerm553 Wed 3/25/2009 01:44PM

jerm553

I was really hoping for a My Morning Jacket addition. They've played Bonnaroo several times and they never disappoint.

aquariumdrunk Wed 3/25/2009 01:46PM

aquariumdrunk

"1st, they typically only make one addition announcement."

No idea what you're talking about. The plan for 2009 is anyone's guess, but they "typically" make multiple announcements every year.

t_swann Wed 3/25/2009 01:47PM

I've been to this thing every year. This lineup is already stacked when you read through the list. I'd say one more mid-major to major name will be added, after that the rest are just filler bands to round out the mix.

Jenny Jen Wed 3/25/2009 01:57PM

Jenny Jen

MURS!!!!!

newtongimmick Wed 3/25/2009 01:58PM

newtongimmick

so who is headlining friday night before Phish? I'm thinking the Beasties would be if they don't announce anyone bigger..and you know what? i don't have a problem with that...those boys can get down with the get down!

allthink Wed 3/25/2009 02:00PM
onearmguitarist starstarstarstarstar Wed 3/25/2009 02:00PM

onearmguitarist

TONY RICE!!!!!!! Awesome! That makes me real happy!

t_swann Wed 3/25/2009 02:06PM

Don't know about the Friday night headliner spot...Roo has a model but its changed a little the last year or so. They haven't named one yet, but I could see Beasties or NIN jumping in there.

yuturn Wed 3/25/2009 02:11PM
newtongimmick Wed 3/25/2009 02:22PM

newtongimmick

NIN is confirmed for the Saturday at some point..probly late night

SlaveTotheDarkStar Wed 3/25/2009 02:36PM

SlaveTotheDarkStar

I really hope there's another big name/biggish name being added. If Phish adds Rothbury, I'm gonna be real disappointed I picked Roo over Roth.

t_swann Wed 3/25/2009 02:42PM

Cool...NIN on Saturday. I'd be down for that

If I were a betting man, I'd bet that AC tied down some type of "exclusivity" clause with Phish playing Roo. Don't know, just speculating. I wouldn't put it past them.

zachn00b starstarstarstarstar Wed 3/25/2009 02:43PM

zachn00b

Amadou et Mariam need to sign that roth-en-bury...they would be a great addition...more world music at ROTHBURY!!

utkochster Wed 3/25/2009 02:45PM

utkochster

This announcement was worthless....need to look at the regular jam bands who didnt go last year and were there in 2007. That leaves STS9, Galactic, John Butler Trio, Keller, Tea Leaf Green, Railroad Earth and North Mississippi. Those might be some to look out for as next round additions.

Also, Beastie Boys Friday Headline, Phish late night Friday. David Byrne before Bruce Headline Saturday, then Saturday late night will NIN & Trey's Super Jam. Then leaves Ben Harper or Wilco before Phish's Sunday closer. just my predictions.

newtongimmick Wed 3/25/2009 02:50PM

newtongimmick

galactic is already on the bill UTKOCHSTER...keller will probly add onto Roo..he just got the thursday headlining spot at all good...which will be sweeeeet...

TransdermalCelebration Wed 3/25/2009 02:51PM
soulink starstarstarstarstar Wed 3/25/2009 02:52PM

soulink

Janelle Monae and An Evening with The Daily Show are great adds!

utkochster Wed 3/25/2009 02:52PM

utkochster

Also, there is no way Widespread will be at b-roo....they did a favor for B-roo last year bc Gregg was ill. I would doubt ABB will go to roo this year either but are certainly on the list to be added to Rothbury. Considering Rothury has the Dead, Govt Mule there...no reason not to add ABB and get Warren some more time. Derek Trucks was at Roth year too....ABB will be added to Roth,

utkochster Wed 3/25/2009 02:55PM

utkochster

^^^ Newtong...good catch, i didnt realize that. But I am honestly not the biggest Galactic fan and that is after living in NOLA for years. Too much loud noise and horn late night while on something is no fun....sorry, i know im a loser. But thanks for the correction

WidespreadMule3 Wed 3/25/2009 03:14PM

WidespreadMule3

shadows fall????? at bonnaroo??? now that's not right. i'm sorry. bonnaroo has some great acts this year (phish, mule, moe. etc.) but seriously? bonnaroo isn't the festy it used to be. not that change is bad but i can't say the direction is good for jamheads.

ImSetFree Wed 3/25/2009 03:50PM

ImSetFree

1. i`ll stick to jam friendly and stick with roth, they already had pretty lights and shadows fall makes me ill 2. if ben harper played over wilco on any night before anyone of the headliners it would be a travesty 3. phish summer tour hits the northeast twice=better then bonnaroo anyways i think

PWA Wed 3/25/2009 04:26PM

enjoy the humidity, bugs, and frat boys. good line up but no thanks

bloggersrlosers star Wed 3/25/2009 04:41PM

bloggersrlosers

Bonnaroo is just an east coast Coachella. It used to be wild and wacky when they would throw in a surprise band like public enemy (oysterhead at 06) but now its more mainstream acts on top of a mainstream festival. I last went in 07 and the roots>tool>sci was the only thing goin that year. There was no good vibes or bad vibes, just corporate vibes which equal terrible horrible vibes. And the comedy tent!? it would be good if not for the 1000 person line always waiting to get in there... and jimmy fallon does suck

smokey82832 Wed 3/25/2009 04:41PM

AJTRUE....One announcement a year WTF??? they always have a string of additions..one year it was like 7 additions....u must be 12

PWA

why are u going to rothbury this year?? BTW I never ever ever ever ever ever had a problem w/ bugs..been to the roo everyyear....another idiot talkign shit b/c if u really did go the bug problem is a non-issue...u got shit confused with 10KLF

heavyhitters star Wed 3/25/2009 04:44PM

bonnaroo is soooo lame. it could be great, its just you need to be in 5 different places at once to see everything. it just makes it worse when you are what STI and you gotta leave to go see primus and then you are still missing another good band. plus who wants to pay $250 for a ticket

heavyhitters star Wed 3/25/2009 04:45PM
brooklynite84 Wed 3/25/2009 05:30PM

Man Oh Man...this gets me more and more pumped...granted I was hoping for more of a Headliner status to be released, but this is still pretty cool. I'm hoping Beasties don't headline, don't get me wrong they are the shit, but I just don't see them headlining a festival like this, I'm hoping The Dead will get involved, I know everyone wants Panic, but lets get something different and exciting especially since this seems to be the year of REUNIONS...I know Janes is not doing the Roo and if NIN isn't headlining, then throw the DEAD in, I don't want Ratdog, I WANT THE DEAD! What a sweet combo of a DEAD/PHISH REUNION Festival...That would blow any other festival out of the water for the rest of the year if it were to come true.

brooklynite84 Wed 3/25/2009 05:33PM

heavyhitters...Coachella is 260dollars and Rothbury is 250dollars, so shut the hell up...festivals like these are pricey cause they offer bigger and better bands. Don't get me wrong I love me some small festivals too, but for this price and this experience, whatever...Granted you might not see everyone you want, but that is like any other festival...so don't ruin everyone elses good time...

sman Wed 3/25/2009 05:36PM

sman

Wow... Jimmy Fallon sucks, maybe the roots can be his backing band at the roo and save his set... Lamesauce

smokey82832 Wed 3/25/2009 06:52PM

just about every single negative post has been from somebody who very obviously has never ever been to bonnaroo. I have been every year and the vibe just keeps getting better. So I prefer to spend my time with people that bust their ass all year and then come to the roo to chill and have a goodtime. In 2002 there was so many ditty loser ass hippies it was scary...

I am glad some of u can't get a ticket b/c u are to lazy to go work for it....Funny how Phish is the King of all bands to most of u and then they play bonnaroo 2 nights and all of a sudden Phish is lame....can't wait until June take all this negative crap to rothbury..have fun my uncle is a state trooper in michigan and he advised me to stay away ....They have some serious revenue generating activities planned for the land rover hippies this year..have fun at rothbust.....I'll be at roo getting down to Phish's only playing till sunrise set of the YEAR...that alone is worth $250

SCIcane Wed 3/25/2009 07:09PM

sorry smokey, but i was at the 1st 3 broo's, and the vibe/crowd definitely got exponentially worse each year. friends telling friends that the ppl are cool, you can score/do drugs openly... but, its whatever you make of it, i guess, so have fun

tDB get me off starstarstarstarstar Wed 3/25/2009 07:18PM

tDB get me off

Public Enemy, Ani, T>Rice, n Pretty LIghts is huge. those are some pretty awesome additions to an already pretty stellar i lineup i think

Muffinman1 Wed 3/25/2009 07:23PM

Muffinman1

All you guys talking shit have no idea what you are talking about. Roo offers the greatest lineups ever. In 20 years these festivals are going to be legendary. This years line up is so bad ass. I can't wait and all the late night possibilities have me thinking this will be one of the best Roos yet. This will be my 5th and I'm just as excited to go as my 1st! See you guys there.

Muffinman1 Wed 3/25/2009 07:26PM

Muffinman1

And all you guys talking about Roithbury........ I'll see you there too. I can't wait to get back to the sherwood forest baby. I'm coming carl

sbtokarz Wed 3/25/2009 08:01PM

jambase forgot to list The Heartless Bastards,

they were announced as part of the additions on the roo site.

THE HEARTLESS BASTARDS!!!!!

how could jambase leave them out?

they're the best band on the artist additions!

if you haven't checked them out, do it. you won't regret it.

pat5507 Wed 3/25/2009 08:29PM

pat5507

If you believe in accepting people and having a good time then you shouldn't be making remarks about frat boys or other stereotyped groups. Everyone is there to have a good time and i would bet everyone likes the music, the atmosphere, and some people probably love the drugs. You have no idea if someone really loves the music or if they're there for the drugs, i.e. wooks or your average joe. So everyone needs to chill out and quit putting people into boxes. If you don't like what i have to say that's fine and no im not a fratboy im just using an example from a prior post. oh and by the way im not digging these additions. Let's see something awesome Bonnaroo

brainstar Wed 3/25/2009 09:02PM

brainstar

JUST PLEASE LET STS9 or THE NEW DEAL be added for the SECOND ROUND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

schmidt420 Thu 3/26/2009 05:01AM

This will still be alot of fun, but jimmy fallon is terrible, yet for some reason thats probably the comedian they paid the most for. They should get flight of the concords again

djacoustic Thu 3/26/2009 05:37AM

djacoustic

1. If they dont put David Byrne before Phish on Friday I will be suprised.

2. I will be skipping any late night show (besides Phish) to see late night Volta.

3. Who cares if Jimmy Fallon sucks. Are you really going to skip an afternoon Grisman Quintet set for any comedy act?

4. Does anyone on this site besides pat5507 understand how much money it costs to put on a festival with 80,000+ people and the biggest (most expensive) acts around? Let me tell you $250 a ticket is a steal if you break it down.

5. If the Dead were there everyone's ticket would go up $100. I wouldn't pay $100 to see the Dead without Jerry if you told me it was the last show I was ever going to see.

lipsey655 Thu 3/26/2009 05:48AM

screw everyone who tries to put the roo down saying roth and allgood will be better and have better people, i personally was not thrilled with the additions but some where, and they are adding on to what is already a lot of great artists, would love to see some mmj added amongst others

nickrbk Thu 3/26/2009 06:24AM

nickrbk

pretty lights but other than that just some bs. why does it take that long to add these bands. get some better people in your camp roo. WEAK

linsbee314 starstarstarstarstar Thu 3/26/2009 06:33AM

***djacoustic said..."I work hard for my money. I too am glad all you non-working wookie dirtbags dont have the cash to come. You people have ruined the term hippie."

Fucking hilarious!!!

GeorgieP Thu 3/26/2009 07:31AM

GeorgieP

djacoustic, you just summed up the way I feel in six perfect bullet points. Thumbs up, my friend.

This lineup is aces. I'm sold on it b/c there are a ton of acts I've never seen before and I expect to put on a good show. Of course Rothbury's lineup is fantastic, but I've seen a shitload of those bands a shitload of times (only seen SCI once, which upsets me). So if I'm gonna pay $250 for a fest, I'm looking for a new experience, not more of the same. I'm sure everyone will enjoy the fests they go to, so there's no reason to argue.

Oh yeah, bluegrass superjam at the 'Roo, anyone?

dankb23 Thu 3/26/2009 07:54AM

dankb23

so smokey ur saying that michicagan state troopers are going to be some how worse than the troopers on the way to b-roo ?

in my past experiences i've seen alot more "northerners" getting rolled by troopers in the south than vise versa. i would also love to hear about these "serious revenue generating activities" they have planned. seems to me if ur not driving like a dumbass, u'll be fine, and once ur on the festival grounds, then u really gotta try hard to get popped

jkuss80 starstarstarstarstar Thu 3/26/2009 08:20AM

jkuss80

Ive only missed 1 Bonnaroo (First year) and I will admit that the crowd has changed alot. (Esp the year DMB, Jack Johnson, and OAR were there. TONS of Frattys), but I really think Phish is going to bring out the kind vibes this year. I really do. Maybe Im wrong but I dont see alot of trendy kids putting up with the TN sun to see Phish, David Byrne, or moe. I could be wrong, but I have a good feeling about Roo 09 and I think PE is a good add. The rest do little for me but the lineup is already stacked. I was really hoping the Wailers rumors were true...

Cola21 Thu 3/26/2009 08:22AM

Cola21

This is weird. There are so many outstanding acts in this line-up. Why is everyone weeping and bitching? It's not necessarily every single band you want. So don't go...but come on. The Boss, Phish, Mars Volta, Wilco, Al Green???, Andrew Bird, Amadou & Miriam, Gov't Mule, Elvis Perkins in Dearland, Animal Collective...

this looks nice. No MMJ...but maybe soon?

jkuss80 Thu 3/26/2009 08:28AM

jkuss80

Hey djacoustic....

"6. I work hard for my money. I too am glad all you non-working wookie dirtbags dont have the cash to come. You people have ruined the term "hippie"."

^^^ Well said. When did hippie become synonymous with either grubby directionless layabouts or trust fund sponsered visor wearing douchebags?

Its getting hard to defend our "scene" (and I hate to use that term) as more than a bunch of drug addled spoiled brats and the homeless.

spaceface7 starstarstarstarstar Thu 3/26/2009 09:45AM

HEY EVERYONE!!! moe. LATENIGHT AFTER THE BOSS! some nice pre-gamin action right there! so thats two nights of phish and 4+ hours of moe. SO QUIT UR BITCHIN AND GET READY!!!!!!!

Skitt Thu 3/26/2009 10:07AM

They put Bruce Springsteen as the headliner so that everyone can take a nap to gear up for the second half of the weekend. Hence the reason for the Police as well in '07. We wouldn't want to miss any good bands whilst sleeping (which is what happened to me during Sasha and Digweed the year Radiohead was there...oops).

SmOoThCriMinal Thu 3/26/2009 10:18AM

Gimme some Les Claypool and Gogol Bordello!! Gimme some Dead, Chromeo, Toots and the Maytals, Zappa Plays Zappa, last years line up was prime stuff.

rockyfalboa Thu 3/26/2009 11:31AM

To anyone who isnt a music snob, or anyone who doesnt have their heads stuck up somewhere, this is the most complete, diverse music festival lineup ever, especially one that is easily accessible to the Southeast Coast, its ridiculous that most of you cant open your minds to non-jam music. P.S. if there isnt a motivation other than making sure people stay the whole fest to see Phish, Springsteen is legendary, why would he not headline over Phish? Outside of us most people dont know Phish, so how else would they get other people to pay for tickets? Also the ABB is fantastic, one of the best underground bands around, but as a headliner? compared to Phish, beasties etc, get effin real, they need to put in a lot more time to earn that distinction, the only complaint Ill agree with is more recent hip hop, Mos Def, the Roots, etc would be super duper

GeorgieP Thu 3/26/2009 12:16PM

GeorgieP

^^ You had me going until you referred to ABB as an underground band.

drow229 Thu 3/26/2009 12:32PM

same sentiment pimpmcgeorge

lanceuppercut3 Thu 3/26/2009 01:57PM

oh my god i didnt think that roo could have got any better but shadows fall, high on fire and dillinger im siked to see more metal being added to this already great lineup plus its pissin off all you stupid ass hippies!

djacoustic Thu 3/26/2009 01:59PM

djacoustic

Jkuss80-

"When did hippie become synonomous with either grubby directionless layabouts or trust fund sponsored visor wearing douchebags?". I can tell you the exact date Jkuss: 6/10/94, when every single wookie and their hairy moms decided to go to Red Rocks for Phish. That exact day and time is the moment our "scene" was raveged beyond retribution. How do you fix this problem? Keep the ticket prices high. I know not everyone will agree with that, but the truth hurts. If you keep the ticket prices high you will have to either have a job, or sell enough drugs to probably get arrested (which would be fine with me). And to everyone who thinks I am most likely from Colorado and a frat boy: I am from Ohio, I have a good career, I am 26 years old. Would I have been able to go to Phish shows 10 years ago if ticket prices were what they are now? Yes. I would have worked twice as hard at my minimum wage job to get the cash for the shows. That is how its supposed to work my hary, smelling, mooching, non-friends. Work hard legitimately and be a productive citizen. As a reward to get to use your vacation days and go to some shows. YOUR NOT SUPPOSED TO LIVE ON TOUR YOU GOOEY BRAINED BASTARDS!

lanceuppercut3 Thu 3/26/2009 02:39PM

^^^well said

spaceface7 Thu 3/26/2009 02:46PM

i just found a video of phish covering beasties "Sabotage" from '98

RobHornfeck Thu 3/26/2009 03:30PM

Amadou and Mariam are reeaally cool. Postivity mixed w/ da fonk. Can't wait to boogie w/ them in VA!

thehurricane23 Fri 3/27/2009 10:54AM

thehurricane23

EAT a dick djacoustic, you prob. do voluntarily anyway. Learn to spell too (hary? seriously, are you ten).

thehurricane23 Fri 3/27/2009 11:04AM

thehurricane23

PS - im a dirty ass, unemployment fraud, food stamp collecting wook who will be in the Crew VIP (performers like droogs). Have fun in the sun

djacoustic Fri 3/27/2009 12:59PM

djacoustic

Obviously hurricane you can't read. "I am 26 years old". So, no I am not 10. I will be just fine in the sun. I dont have a thick layer of moldy fur covering my entire body like you do. Also, I am really proud of you for getting to be in the Crew VIP. You must feel so special that the performers like you enough to bring you back to VIP. Oh wait, they only want your "droogs". Pay attention while your back there stinking up the joint and selling dirty acid. The performers that you idolize and brag about selling "droogs" to are legitimately employed. Also notice how long they hang around after they are done buying whatever it is you're selling. I imagine it wont be too long. Hopefully, you won't have to go through the embarassment and you'll be arrested before you get there. Have fun in jail.

djacoustic Fri 3/27/2009 12:59PM

djacoustic

And nice job with the whole "eating dick" comment. Everyone now knows who the 10 year old here is.

pronice starstarstarstarstar Fri 3/27/2009 01:41PM

^^Someone up there said it...$250 IS a steal when you break it down. All the music, camping, and mayhem included, c'mon people??!! I can't wait to go back. Had some problems one year with the local 'law enforcement' with their profiling out of state plates but this lineup is killer. Public Enemy...really?!!!!!!!!!! 911 is a joke in yo town

As long as the asshole that sliced open my brothers tent and stole my backpack isn't there, I'm all for it. BTW - Phish is gonna melt people down into fish chowder that weekend. Harpua opener...

jbrown21 Fri 3/27/2009 02:20PM

jbrown21

I would pay 250 for two phish shows so I'm goin otherwise....na way

rainydaywomen420 Fri 3/27/2009 04:54PM

rainydaywomen420

chemical brothers, daft punk, medeski martin and wood would be awful nice. nonetheless cannot wait to make the trip to bonnaroo

climb2safety09 Sat 3/28/2009 02:47PM

climb2safety09

Galactic, Moe., and my first love Phish!!!! WTF no Sector 9!??!!?!?

thesource420 Sat 3/28/2009 11:39PM

why has no one on this board mentioned KING SUNNY ADE AND HIS AFRICAN BEATS???? all you so called "heads" and "music critics" who talk shit about frat boys and "droogs" obviously have no clue what good music actually is. Shit, i'd pay $250 to see king sunny ade, beastie boys, phish alone let, not to mention at the same fest! Speaking of phish, bonaroo will be the straw that breaks the perpetual camels back. If you think the ticket system is broken now, just wait until every jackass in the country hops onboard the phish scene, not that they haven't already. Most of the bickering on here is useless and is done by people who need to get a job and spend less time infront of a computer screen making generalizations about groups of people. There is a bad elemant to any of the stereotypes mentioned above that make everyone in that said sterotype look bad. Grow the fuck up and go out of your way to meet people you wouldn't normally hang with. The jamband scene is getting stale, and jambase usually represents the biggest douches of them all, the ones who won't be there, don't plan on being there,and come on here to open their big mouths. KING SUNNY ADE...some of you youngins probably don't even know who he is.

MyDogIsBlaze Sun 3/29/2009 09:18AM

MyDogIsBlaze

Great additions, I really can not wait to hit this ROO, way to many great acts, I'll be bouncin around that pharm all day! Thanks Roo.

chidodger Mon 3/30/2009 07:14AM

chidodger

Did DOWN drop out of the festival? thier name isn't on the artists list anymore.

dankb23 Mon 3/30/2009 11:43AM

dankb23

^ maybe they think weak ass shadows fall can replace DOWN ??

newtongimmick Tue 3/31/2009 07:45AM

newtongimmick

weakass shadows fall? i know you're just kidding around...phil anselmo blows without the late great pantera backing him...shadows fall can shred dude!