The Decemberists Cancel Tour

The Decemberists
From www.decemberists.com:

With much regret The Decemberists have cancelled the remainder of "The Long and Short of It" tour.

One of our band members has been ill for a while but we thought all would be well in time for these tour dates. After a couple shows, though, it has become clear that the illness is much worse than we had initially realized. We need to return home so our friend can mend.

It saddens us to disappoint our fans. We hope everybody understands it is only because of an extreme situation that we had to cancel a tour we've all been excited about doing since the idea was originally hatched.

Our deepest apologies but at this time no plans are being made to reschedule the dates. Ticket holders should seek refunds at point of purchase.

[Published on: 11/1/07]

Comments

Andrew W. star Thu 11/1/2007 03:24PM

Andrew W.

Bummer. I hope they reschedule. Get better soon.

AintNoFreedom Thu 11/1/2007 06:04PM

AintNoFreedom

Damn, I'd been waiting all week for their show in Boston this Saturday. My friends were even visiting from out of town for it...

Regardless, hope they feel better soon.

RothburyWithCheese starstarstarstarstar Thu 11/1/2007 06:41PM
WTMDJock star Thu 11/1/2007 07:43PM

WTMDJock

LiberalsForMichaelSavageIn2008 you must have ears made of tin to not see that these guys are incredible

stinkd Thu 11/1/2007 08:50PM

LiberalsForMichaelSavageIn2008 I AGREE WITH YOU COMPLETELY about how BAD Arcade Fire's music is. I saw them at Red Rocks and they were nothing but noise. LCD Soundsystem opened and they were fucking awesome!

I have never heard of the Decemberist's so I can't say anything about their tunes.

Jukebox Hero Thu 11/1/2007 10:06PM

Jukebox Hero

Bummer. i was really looking forward to the all request show in Portland. If you like these guys you should check out The Builders and the Butchers. They are a local nband here in Portland but their singer's voice and the lyrics reminds me a lot of the Decembrists. They are on myspace.

G$Love Fri 11/2/2007 06:53AM

G$Love

Decemberists new album reminds me a lot of King Crimson, they really brought it live when I saw them at the Riv in Chicago earlier in the year.

foadser Fri 11/2/2007 08:06AM

When a band cancels a tour because, "One of our band members has been ill for a while," and then provides no details, does anyone else automatically assume someone in the band is strung out? I do.

paulyblunts Fri 11/2/2007 12:18PM

paulyblunts

hey JackStraw4, thanks for recommending The Builders and the Butchers..i'm loving it!