Old Shoe Performs Paul Simon’s ‘Graceland’ At 2016 Shoe Fest
Each year, Americana roots rockers Old Shoe both curate and perform at their Shoe Fest event. The 2017 installment of Shoe Fest will take place September 1 – 3 at Camp Shaw Waw Nas See in Manteno, Illinois. Old Shoe will be joined by Leftover Salmon, Jeff Austin Band, Horseshoes & Hand Grenades, Henhouse Prowlers, Tom Hamilton’s American Babies, The Schwag and more at Shoe Fest ’17. This week’s Full Show Friday features Old Shoe’s full performance of Paul Simon’s Graceland from last year’s festival.
Old Shoe was joined by the Low Down Brass Band for portions of their performance on September 2, 2016. The band opened with “Welcome Home” before they began to cover Graceland. Up first for the five-piece’s performance of the LP was “The Boy In The Bubble” and Old Shoe continued to roll through the album in the same order as found on Graceland. The Low Down Brass Band augmented the band on “Diamonds On The Soles Of Her Shoes” and “You Can Call Me Al.” Old Shoe ended the complete performance of Graceland by reprising “You Can Call Me Al.”
Following Graceland, Old Shoe presented versions of “Oneida County” and “It Never Left Me” featuring extended jam openings. “Break My Mind” came next and gave way to a cover of “Birds Of A Feather” by Phish. The Low Down Brass Band returned to the stage, along with Erin Willow, for a “Dancing In The Streets” finale.
Watch footage of Old Shoe’s Graceland set captured by Don Olker:
Tickets for Shoe Fest 2017 are available here.
- 0.Entrance of the Low Down Brass Band
- 1.Welcome Home (with extended Jam opening and Money For Nothing ending)
- 2.The Boy In The Bubble
- 4.I Know What I Know
- 6.Diamonds On The Soles Of Her Shoes(with the Low Down Brass Band)
- 7.You Can Call Me Al(with the Low Down Brass Band)
- 8.Under African Skies
- 10.Crazy Love Vol. II
- 11.That Was Your Mother
- 12.All Around The World Or The Myth Of Fingerprints
- 13.You Can Call Me Al (reprise)
- 14.Oneida County (with Jam intro)
- 15.It Never Left Me (with extended Jam opening )
- 16.Break My Mind
- 17.Birds Of A Feather
- 18.Dancing In The Streets (with the Low Down Brass Band and Erin Willow)
Tour Dates for
- Chillicothe, IL
- 4 days • May 23 - 26, 2019
Old Shoe at Summer Camp Music Festivalmoe.Umphrey’s McGeeBen Harper and the Innocent Criminals
Exact performance date not yet confirmed.