Gregg Allman, War On Drugs, Infamous Stringdusters, Tedeschi Trucks Band Among Grammy Award Nominees
The 60th annual Grammy Awards will be held on January 28 at Madison Square Garden in New York City. The Recording Academy has revealed the list of nominees which this year includes Gregg Allman, The War On Drugs, Infamous Stringdusters, Tedeschi Trucks Band and many others.
Allman, the co-founding member of The Allman Brothers Band who passed away earlier this year at the age of 69, is nominated for Best Americana Album for Southern Blood and the record’s track “My Only True Friend,” which he co-wrote with Scott Sharrard, is up for Best American Roots Song. Jason Isbell & The 400 Unit were nominated in the same categories for their LP The Nashville Sound and song “If We Were Vampires.”
The War On Drugs’ album A Deeper Understanding was nominated for Best Rock Album, while The Infamous Stringdusters’ album Laws Of Gravity was among the Best Bluegrass Album nominees. The Best Contemporary Blues Album category includes Tedeschi Trucks Band, Robert Randolph & The Family Band and Taj Mahal & Keb’ Mo’. Art director Masaki Koike was nominated in the Best Boxed Or Special Limited Edition Package category for the Grateful Dead’s May 1977: Get Shown The Light box set, and the band’s documentary film Long Strange Trip was nominated for Best Music Film.
The Best Rock Performance category includes the late Leonard Cohen and Chris Cornell and Foo Fighters, and the Best American Roots Performance category includes Cohen, Alabama Shakes, Blind Boys Of Alabama, Glenn Campbell and Alison Krauss.
Other notable nominees include:
- Portugal. The Man — Best Pop Duo/Group Performance
- Bob Dylan — Best Traditional Pop Vocal Album
- Bruce Springsteen — Best Spoken Word Album
- The Rolling Stones — Best Traditional Blues Album
- LCD Soundsystem — Best Alternative Music Album & Best Dance Recording
- Gorillaz — Best Alternative Music Album & Best Dance Recording
- Father John Misty — Best Alternative Music Album & Best Recording Package
- The Jerry Douglas Band — Best Contemporary Instrumental Album
- Yusuf / Cat Stevens — Best Folk Album
CBS will air the 60th annual Grammy Awards live from MSG on January 28. View the complete list of nominees here.