The 2018 Americana Honors & Awards will be held September 12 at the famed Ryman Auditorium in Nashville. Nominees for the 17th annual event have been revealed.
Leading the way with four nominations is Jason Isbell who’s up for Artist Of The Year, Song Of The Year for “If We Were Vampires” and Album Of The Year for his and The 400 Unit’s The Nashville Sound. Isbell is up against Brandi Carlile and Margo Price for Album Of The Year, Song Of The Year and Artist Of The Year with John Prine also nominated for Artist Of The Year. The Duo/Group Of The Year nominees include Jason Isbell & The 400 Unit, I’m With Her, Lukas Nelson & Promise Of The Real and Nathaniel Rateliff & the Night Sweats.
Others receiving nominations include Mary Gauthier (Album Of The Year), Lee Ann Womack (Song Of The Year) and Jerry Pentecost and Molly Tuttle (Instrumentalist Of The Year). View the full list of nominees below:
2018 Americana Honors & Awards Nominees
Album Of The Year
- “All American Made,” Margo Price, Produced by Jeremy Ivey, Alex Munoz, Margo Price and Matt Ross-Spang
- “By The Way, I Forgive You,” Brandi Carlile, Produced by Dave Cobb and Shooter Jennings 2018 Americana Honors & Awards
- “The Nashville Sound,” Jason Isbell and the 400 Unit, Produced by Dave Cobb
- “Rifles & Rosary Beads,” Mary Gauthier, Produced by Neilson Hubbard
Artist Of The Year
- Brandi Carlile
- Jason Isbell
- Margo Price
- John Prine
Duo/Group Of The Year
- I’m With Her
- Jason Isbell and the 400 Unit
- Lukas Nelson & Promise Of The Real
- Nathaniel Rateliff & the Night Sweats
Emerging Act Of The Year
- Courtney Marie Andrews
- Tyler Childers
- Anderson East
- Lilly Hiatt
Song Of The Year
- “A Little Pain,” Margo Price, Written by Margo Price
- “All The Trouble,” Lee Ann Womack, Written by Waylon Payne, Lee Ann Womack and Adam Wright
- “If We Were Vampires,” Jason Isbell and the 400 Unit, Written by Jason Isbell
- “The Joke,” Brandi Carlile, Written by Brandi Carlile, Dave Cobb, Phil Hanseroth and Tim Hanseroth
Instrumentalist Of The Year
- Daniel Donato
- Brittany Haas
- Jerry Pentecost
- Molly Tuttle
This fall, legendary rockers Bob Seger And The Silver Bullet Band will resume a tour that was put on hold while Seger underwent emergency spinal surgery.
Allman Brothers Band co-founding guitarist Dickey Betts made his official return to the stage on Thursday, where photographer Lisa Keel captured the action.
Legendary rockers The Rolling Stones had a few surprises in store as they began the latest leg of their No Filter Tour in Ireland on Thursday night.
Stream ‘it’s you,’ the surprise new album available now from Umphrey’s McGee.
A former member of Crystal Garden has alleged sexual misconduct against Boyd Tinsley.
The latest episode of ‘The JamBase Podcast’ includes “The Rundown,” the debut of “Our First Show” featuring members of TAUK and “Reelin’ In The Years” with George Porter Jr.