Noise Pop Final Lineup

Noise Pop 2009 Festival Lineup Finalized

Deerhunter
Noise Pop has finalized the lineup for the 2009 Noise Pop Festival which includes headliners Antony & the Johnsons, Deerhunter, Stephen Malkmus, Josh Ritter (solo with a string quartet), the Mountain Goats (solo), Bob Mould, A.C. Newman, Sleepy Sun, French Kicks, Matt Costa, Thao Nguyen, Martha Wainwright, Goblin Cock, From Monument to Masses, Kool Keith, Mike Relm, St. Vincent, The Morning Benders, The Submarines, Ra Ra Riot, Dear And The Headlights, Port O'Brien, The Matches, Themselves, Portugal The Man, Clues, Sholi, Flosstradamus, N.A.S.A., No Age and Les Savy Fav.

In total, over 100 of the best independent bands out right now will take to the stage at more than 40 events. Check out the complete list of performers here. As you should already know, Noise Pop 2009 also includes a film festival, gallery art openings and "Pop 'n' Shop" – Noise Pop's take on the local indie designer trunk sale and rock poster show.

The complete schedule for Noise Pop including all bands and venues is available here.

[Published on: 2/4/09]

Comments

louie1827 Wed 2/4/2009 02:19PM

there really is a band out there called "Goblin Cock"?????? pretty funny actually but huh

Justin Gillett Wed 2/4/2009 02:27PM

Justin Gillett

As much as I'd like to watch SF hipsters attempt to enjoy themselves, I would much rather be witnessing history in the making as STS9 play four nights at the Fillmore.

Hotchkiss starstarstarstarstar Wed 2/4/2009 02:28PM

Hotchkiss

Let the "this is jambase not popbase" close minded bullsh*t begin................

RedMule Wed 2/4/2009 02:46PM

RedMule

Can't wait to slit my thighs with razor blades.... Booooooooooooring!

cheesehead86 Wed 2/4/2009 02:47PM

hahahahaha wow.

DrFunkinstein Wed 2/4/2009 02:48PM

DrFunkinstein

Who are these bands? What is this festival?

RothburyWithCheese star Wed 2/4/2009 02:49PM
ClaysTribe starstarstarstarstar Wed 2/4/2009 02:51PM
O1Roggae starstarstarstarstar Wed 2/4/2009 03:04PM
O1Roggae starstarstarstar Wed 2/4/2009 03:15PM
msudtg Wed 2/4/2009 03:17PM

msudtg

when I saw Bob Mould I thought this had to be in Minneapolis... I didnt think he was really playing anywhere else or doing anything at all... I dont think I would pay to see any one of these bands... but I haven't heard a lot of their music either...

djschusta Wed 2/4/2009 03:25PM

djschusta

Kool Keith lays down the best hip-hop live show period

steveogrant Wed 2/4/2009 04:31PM
Ned8 Wed 2/4/2009 04:49PM

OK... So I have gone through listening to some of these links of bands for this fest and let me just say that I found some pretty cool music. I had not heard of many of these bands. If I did not like it I would say but there was some quality stuff here.

I have posted too many time of the fact that Jambase wants to be all things to all people but your readers don't really wish it. Come to terms with it and start another site or change the name and announce that is what you are doing. I would prefer to communicate with a community that is well informed about all music but you have some jamband purists who resent it and they have a point for a site entitled jambase. 2cents PEACE

Then again, I did have serious issues with your weak coverage of South by South-west last year or shall I say partisanship to your sponsered stage. I view jam as all inclusive but others don't. Wrestle with this issue and you will find less bitterness in regards to reporting music that is not jam

ClaysTribe star Wed 2/4/2009 06:05PM
desert_drifter Wed 2/4/2009 06:11PM

desert_drifter

claystribe,

try listening to steve malkmus. the former pavement frontman can, and does, jam.

Ned8 Wed 2/4/2009 06:29PM

ClaysTribe.... You don't know they can't do you? I know a lot of great musicians who are not playing jamband music but they can certainly improv.

Isn't your assertion that a category of music has developed called Jamband which is in fact a genre that encompasses other forms of music of divergent means but whose structure can be augmented for improvisation to take place? I think that is why jambase is trying to tread into reporting about not jamband music, however, there in lies my issue from my last post.

LTJFreak Wed 2/4/2009 06:47PM

Wow...It never ceases to amaze me just how close-minded YOU PEOPLe are. Absolutely retarded. Let alone the notion you make yourselves appear to know absolutely nothing about music outside of the 5-10 bands you collect their live shows off.

I am so glad that I will not have to rub up, and smell you at any of these events. And I will be laughing from backstage at the Fillmore too....how you like them apples??

Lenox Wed 2/4/2009 07:35PM

Lenox

deerhunter is amazing. 3 guitars layered perfectly. They create some good sounds.

Jenny Jen Wed 2/4/2009 09:01PM

Jenny Jen

i keep seeing the word "hipster." haha. what a joke, people just can't stick to their own shit and love music without acting like we're still in high school and shit, haha, damn wookies, hipsters, haters, hicks, skaters. haha. just go to a show... and shut the FUCK up.

ClaysTribe Wed 2/4/2009 09:26PM
ClaysTribe starstarstarstarstar Wed 2/4/2009 09:38PM
dispatch24 Wed 2/4/2009 10:29PM

No hating on this festival, believe me. Props to all these bands. It just cracks me up: Josh Ritter (solo with string quartet). So not solo?

HAHA...don't get me wrong...I love Josh Ritter...but wha?!

rjd999 Thu 2/5/2009 07:40AM

goblin cock is fronted by that D-Bag from Pinback

MyFavBandIsTheBestYoursSucks starstarstarstarstar Thu 2/5/2009 08:36AM

MyFavBandIsTheBestYoursSucks

Yah I havent heard of alot of these bands so they must suck because only bands I have heard off are cool. Damn you Jambase how many times do I have to tell you. Stop turning me on to new bands!! I like to read the same book over & over too.

DrFunkinstein Thu 2/5/2009 10:23AM

DrFunkinstein

LTJFreak - what do you mean, "you people?

jsillery Thu 2/5/2009 10:54AM

Huh, I was just thinking how awesome this line-up turned out to be. Some of you need to branch out. there are some seriously kick-ass bands playing at that festival.