Help Save the Vidacovich House

From Stanton Moore:

Hello fans of great music,

Johnny Vidacovich
I'm writing to you to ask for your help in helping out my mentor, teacher and good friend Johnny Vidacovich. Johnny and his wife Deborah's house is in need of major repairs and they are in need of financial help. To compound matters, Johnny is developing arthritis in his right thumb. I want to keep him from having to play every single gig that comes his way so that the arthritis doesn't get worse. This is the house that I learned my most important musical lessons in. This is also the house that Kevin O'day, Brian Blade and many other great drummers learned in. Johnny is one of the most unique drummers in the world and is a New Orleans treasure.

So I want to help them in as many was as I can by letting as many people as I know that:

- Johnny will be teaching lessons at the house for the next few weeks at a discounted rate of $75 an hour

- You can book the lessons with Deborah via email at jvidacovich@cox.net

- You can make donations to the Vidacovich cause by mailing a check made out to Johnny Vidacovich to 4816 Bienville St. New Orleans, LA 70119

- You can make a donation online by clicking here!

Thanks for your help. Together we can help save the Vidacovich house!

Sincerely,
Stanton Moore

Comments

The1AndOnlyDJCT starstarstarstarstar Thu 12/6/2007 11:54AM

Damn, this is sad news, Johnny Vidacovich is a great drummer, and were I in New Orleans, I'd definitely take the amazing opportunity to get some lessons from him!

mkgee Thu 12/6/2007 01:21PM

Saw Johhny down in New Orleans at the last Jazzfest, Maple Leaf late night. He played with Skerik, Benevento, and Dillon. It was a wonderful show. I didn't even know who Johhny was until he sat behind the drums. I just kept seeing this old guy stumbling around and thought to myself, "Who the F is this old guy stumbling around?". He blew me away and I will definitely be making a donation. If Stanton Moore says so, it's gotta be the truth.

Jidi Thu 12/6/2007 01:29PM

Jidi

Johnny V. is New Orleans. i mean, anybody cool enough to have George Porter Jr. as their right hand man is as real as can be. I'm gonna send a couple bucks yo way johnny cause i know you need a roof above your head while you watch cops

JacobFred Thu 12/6/2007 02:33PM

JacobFred

....and the weather channel :-)

roberto767 starstarstarstarstar Thu 12/6/2007 03:29PM

roberto767

HELP SAVE THE ROBERTO767 HOUSE - Attention hippies... I am late on rent this month and my landlord is going to kick me to the streets if I don't get some financial assistance. I will be offering chainsaw juggling lessons for a discounted rate of $75/hour. Please help me out so I don't actually have to get off my ass and work for a living.

roberto767 starstarstarstarstar Thu 12/6/2007 05:15PM

roberto767

Sorry...the above comment was just downright insensitive. I apologize. Do you have it in your heart to forgive me?

HoodooVoodoo starstarstarstarstar Thu 12/6/2007 05:27PM

HoodooVoodoo

Hello. I'm Tom Tucker. In a completely unrelated story, Johnny Vidacovich's house will be featured this week on MTV's "Cribs." Tune in on Wednesday at 8/7 Central.

‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^› {¬¿¬} starstarstarstarstar Fri 12/7/2007 04:38AM

he is a legend and a super nice guy too. I hope all goes well.

I can identify I have a run down house too and all I can do is pay the mortgage every month with nothing left over for repairs.

Smittea starstarstarstarstar Fri 12/7/2007 07:38AM

Smittea

Here is an excellent recording session video of Astral Project with Johnny. This might move some of you a little more if you were on the fence.

cowgirlmama starstarstarstarstar Fri 12/7/2007 08:27AM

johnny is a class act at all times

even in new orleans (joke)

it is sad to see so many folks STILL IN NEED in new orleans

lots of help needed - don't forget the folks there struggling to get a semblance of a life back!!

and stanton, good move..