The Spirit of Hendrix Lives On in NYC

Dr. John & Cornell Dupree
Jack Casady

JamBase | New York City
Go See Live Music!

[Published on: 12/6/07]

12All

Comments

johnnygoff starstarstarstar Thu 12/6/2007 04:43PM

johnnygoff

dino, thanks for the shots and putting some words summing it up. "they really tied the room together." dr. john still doesn't look like a dude anyone should mess with.

COLOSKIER Thu 12/6/2007 04:45PM

nice pics. i wouldnt mind being there. a real who's who of rock and roll, most of those guys have been there since the begining.

sunnbear starstarstarstarstar Thu 12/6/2007 04:57PM

sunnbear

I would have liked to have seen what Mitch Mitchell looks like now. How are his skills now?

moejoerisin Fri 12/7/2007 08:17AM

moejoerisin

talk about a who's who list...

delaneyira starstarstarstarstar Fri 12/7/2007 08:27AM

I went to the show at hampton beach, new hampshire. It was amazing. Face melting harcore heavy metal blues. It was so epic...

canoftunapudding Fri 12/7/2007 08:54AM

Always been a fan of Robby Krieger. I bet I could kick Dr. John's ass.

‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^› {¬¿¬} starstarstarstarstar Fri 12/7/2007 09:30AM

well this is just fantastic. no kids on this site pay any attention to blues at all, which is good, so they do not mar up the forum :)

To see buddy guy next to robert randolph is like some kind of miracle

and to see hubert sumlin up there too, just blows my little old mind away.

how freaking cool!!! I would be on my knees for this show bowing down to the some of the greatest ever.

iamseancarney Fri 12/7/2007 12:55PM

This sounded amazing at first, but i went to the show of this in CT and it was pretty bad. The only good part was buddy guy and robert randolph playing their own songs.

Matty Boh starstarstarstarstar Fri 12/7/2007 03:37PM

I wanted to get tickets for one of the shows, but they sold out before I got some.

Any chance of tapers catching a night or two ? I haven't seen anything pop up yet, but I could have overlooked something...

QuantumTubaMan starstarstarstarstar Fri 12/7/2007 10:03PM

QuantumTubaMan

Between this and Clapton's Crossroads festivals, seems like were getting a lot of killer blues rock collaborations.

petemora starstarstarstarstar Wed 12/12/2007 12:45PM

I wouldn't mess with Dr. John either. He could put some crazy ass voodoo spell on you and turn you into a chupacabra.