COLUMBIA/LEGACY ANNOUNCES THE EXCLUSIVE DVD RELEASE OF:
THE OTHER SIDE OF THE MIRROR - BOB DYLAN
LIVE AT THE NEWPORT FOLK FESTIVAL 1963 - 1965
Available October 30, 2007
Columbia Records and Legacy Recordings will release on DVD, for the first time in any format, The Other Side Of The Mirror - Bob Dylan Live At The Newport Folk Festival 1963 - 1965, on Tuesday, October 30. A long-awaited event for Bob Dylan aficionados, The Other Side Of The Mirror brings together more than 80 minutes of exquisitely filmed performances, 70% available here for the first time, drawn from three seminal years in the artist's ever-evolving career.
Produced and directed by Academy Award winner Murray Lerner (From Mao To Mozart: Isaac Stern In China), The Other Side Of The Mirror - Bob Dylan Live At The Newport Folk Festival 1963 - 1965 opens a window into a critical epoch in American cultural history as reflected in the musical transformations of Bob Dylan's galvanizing watershed performances at the Newport Folk Festival in 1963, 1964, and 1965.
"This is a different kind of film, in a sense, from what I usually make," said Murray Lerner. "We decided on no narration, no pundit interviews, no interviews with Dylan. Nothing except the experience of seeing him... That to me is exciting. Just the clear experience gives you everything you need."
The DVD includes liner notes from Grammy-winning author Tom Piazza.
Clip of Bob Dylan at the Newport Folk Festival in 1964 playing "Mr. Tambourine Man"
The Other Side Of The Mirror - Bob Dylan Live At The Newport Folk Festival 1963 - 1965
1. All I Really Want To Do (7/24/1965 - afternoon workshop)
2. North Country Blues (7/26/63 afternoon workshop)
3. With God On Our Side (with Joan Baez - 7/26/63 afternoon workshop and 7/28/63 night performance)
4. Talkin' World War III Blues (7/26/63 night performance)
5. Who Killed Davey Moore? (7/27/63 afternoon workshop)
6. Only A Pawn In Their Game (7/26/63 night performance)
7. Blowin' In The Wind (with The Freedom Singers, Joan Baez, and Peter, Paul and Mary - 7/26/63 night performance)
8.Mr. Tambourine Man (7/24/64 afternoon workshop)
9. It Ain't Me, Babe (with Joan Baez - 7/24/64 night performance)
10. With God On Our Side (with Joan Baez - 7/26/64 night performance)
11. Chimes Of Freedom (7/26/64 night performance)
12. If You Gotta Go, Go Now (7/24/65 afternoon workshop)
13. Love Minus Zero/No Limit (7/24/65 afternoon workshop)
14. Daytime Rehearsal with his electric band
15. Maggie's Farm (with his electric band - 7/25/65 night performance)
16. Like A Rolling Stone (with his electric band - 7/25/65 night performance)
17. Mr. Tambourine Man (7/25/65 night performance)
18. It's All Over Now, Baby Blue (7/25/65 night performance)
Bonus Feature: Interview with director Murray Lerner