Woodstock 50 Organizer Michael Lang Says Festival Not Canceled

Advertisement

Woodstock 50 organizer Michael Lang says the festival is not canceled despite the loss of financial backers. Woodstock 50 investor Dentsu Aegis Network announced yesterday it was no longer funding the music festival scheduled for August 16 – 18 at Watkins Glen International racetrack in Watkins Glen, New York.

Lang, who organized the original 1969 event, issued a statement indicating Woodstock 50 will still be held as planned. Woodstock 50 previously had to postpone the on sale date for tickets, which are still not available to purchase. Dead & Company, Jay-Z, The Killers, Santana, The Raconteurs, Chance The Rapper, Robert Plant And The Sensational Space Shifters and John Fogerty are among the acts currently listed on the Woodstock 50 lineup. The Black Keys previously pulled out of their appearance.

Read Lang’s full statement below:

We are committed to ensuring that the 50th anniversary of Woodstock is marked with a festival deserving of its iconic name and place in American history and culture. Although our financial partner is withdrawing, we will of course be continuing with the planning of the festival and intend to bring on new partners. We would like to acknowledge the State of New York and Schuyler County for all of their hard work and support. The bottom line is, there is going to be a Woodstock 50th Anniversary Festival, as there must be, and it’s going to be a blast!