Phish Announces 2018 Fall Tour Dates
Phish has confirmed a 14-date 2018 Fall Tour. The quartet will focus on multi-night runs at familiar venues spanning October 16 – November 3.
The tour begins with a pair of concerts at Albany’s Times Union Center on October 16 and 17. While the Albany, New York arena was a regular stop for a time, the upcoming shows mark the group’s first performances at the Times Union Center since 2009. Next up comes three nights at the iconic Hampton Coliseum in Hampton, Virginia on October 19, 20 and 21. Phish kicked off their current era at the venue in March 2009 and last returned in 2013.
The band then heads to Nashville’s Ascend Amphitheater on October 23 and 24 ahead of three nights at Allstate Arena in Rosemont, Illinois on October 26, 27 and 28. Phish concludes the tour with a run of four concerts at MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas that starts on Halloween and continues through November 3. The foursome traditionally dons a musical costume featuring a performance of a full album as their second set on Halloween. Guitarist Trey Anastasio, keyboardist Page McConnell, bassist Mike Gordon and drummer Jon Fishman made their MGM Grand debut on October 31, 2014 when they unveiled their musical costume of the Chilling, Thrilling Sounds Of The Haunted House and also covered David Bowie’s The Rise & Fall Of Ziggy Stardust & The Spiders From Mars at the venue on October 31, 2016.
A lottery for tickets is underway now via Phish Ticketing with entries being accepted until Tuesday, May 29 at 9 a.m. ET. General on-sales begin June 1 and continue through June 2.
Today’s announcement comes approximately two months before the quartet starts their summer tour on July 17 with the first of two shows at Lake Tahoe Outdoor Arena at Harveys in Stateline, Nevada. Highlights of Phish 2018 Summer Tour include three nights at The Gorge Amphitheatre, two shows at San Francisco’s Bill Graham Civic Auditorium, a trio of performances in Alpharetta, Georgia as well as the Curveball festival in Watkins Glen, New York and their annual Labor Day Weekend three-night stand at Dick’s Sporting Goods Park in Commerce City, Colorado.
Past Phish Performances At 2018 Fall Tour Venues (via Phish.net)
- Times Union Center – Albany, New York: 12/09/1995, 12/12/1997, 12/13/1997, 11/25/1998, 10/09/1999, 10/10/1999, 09/08/2000, 09/09/2000, 12/01/2003, 11/27/2009, 11/28/2009 (11)
- Hampton Coliseum – Hampton, Virginia: 11/25/1995, 10/25/1996, 11/21/1997, 11/22/1997, 11/20/1998, 11/21/1998, 12/17/1999, 12/18/1999, 01/02/2003, 01/03/2003, 01/04/2003, 08/09/2004, 03/06/2009, 03/07/2009, 03/08/2009, 10/18/2013, 10/19/2013, 10/20/2013 (18)
- Ascend Amphitheater – Nashville, Tennessee: 08/04/2015, 10/18/2016, 10/19/2016 (3)
- Allstate Arena – Rosemont, Illinois: 10/31/1995, 10/03/1999, 09/22/2000, 09/23/2000, 02/20/2003 (5)
- MGM Grand Garden Arena – Las Vegas, Nevada: 10/31/2014, 11/01/2014, 11/02/2014, 10/28/2016, 10/29/2016, 10/30/2016, 10/31/2016 (7)