March Madness Live Covers Tournament Round 3
Round 3 of the JamBase March Madness Live Covers Tournament is open for fans to vote on the remaining Elite 8 competitors. The March Madness Live Covers Tournament is powered by the JamBase Live Video Archive (JBLVA), which features over 100,000 live music videos that are easy-to-find, filter and watch all in one convenient place.
Bands were only allowed one entry and each of the contested songs was written by a different artist. Round 1 featured head-to-competition on the same cover song, with only one version going on to compete against other songs in subsequent rounds.
More March Madness on JamBase
Here are the Elite 8 matchups:
1. Tedeschi Trucks Band with Trey Anastasio (Jimi Hendrix’s “Little Wing”)
Umphrey’s McGee with Kanika Moore (Led Zeppelin’s “Kashmir”)
2. Frank Zappa (The Allman Brothers Band’s “Whipping Post”)
Gov’t Mule (Pink Floyd’s “Wish You Were Here”)
3. Billy Strings (Grateful Dead’s “Wharf Rat”)
My Morning Jacket (Prince’s “Purple Rain”)
4. Greensky Bluegrass (Bruce Springsteen’s “Atlantic City”)
Phish (Stevie Wonder’s “Boogie On Reggae Woman”)
Round 3 voting is open between now and 11:59 p.m. PT Sunday night (March 21). Like previous rounds, in an effort to maintain a level playing field, the remaining entries follow below without comment or commentary, letting the cover performances speak for themselves.
1. Little Wing vs. Kashmir
Little Wing vs. Kashmir
- Little Wing by Jimi Hendrix — Tedeschi Trucks Band with Trey Anastasio 76%
- Kashmir by Led Zeppelin — Umphrey's McGee with Kanika Moore 24%
2. Whipping Post vs. Wish You Were Here
Whipping Post vs. Wish You Were Here
- Whipping Post by The Allman Brothers Band — Frank Zappa 59%
- Wish You Were Here by Pink Floyd — Gov't Mule 41%
3. Wharf Rat vs. Purple Rain
Wharf Rat vs. Purple Rain
- Wharf Rat by Grateful Dead — Billy Strings 54%
- Purple Rain by Prince — My Morning Jacket 46%
4. Atlantic City vs. Boogie On Reggae Woman
Atlantic City vs. Boogie On Reggae Woman
- Boogie On Reggae Woman by Stevie Wonder — Phish 68%
- Atlantic City by Bruce Springsteen — Greensky Bluegrass 32%
Be sure to explore the JamBase Live Video Archive (JBLVA) for even more live covers that might make next year’s tournament. Stay tuned for next week’s round to see who moves on to the Final Four. Remember, Round 3 voting is open until 11:59 p.m. PT on Sunday night (March 21).