Joe Russo’s Almost Dead Shares Bonner Official Recording
For the 104th installment of Joe Russo’s Almost Dead‘s ongoing Taper Tuesdays, the Grateful Dead-inspired jam act has released the official recording of their concert from June 2, 2019. Recorded at Bonner, Montana’s Kettlehouse Amphitheater, the show features the first play of the year of “New Speedway Boogie,” “Shakedown Street” and “Promised Land.”
JRAD opened the show with “Samson and Delilah,” which segued into the longest jam of the first frame, “Dancing In The Street.” “The Wheel” led into “New Speedway Boogie,” marking its first play since the 2018 installment of Hulaween. An extended and amorphous jam eventually landed in “The Other One,” with the group ultimately closing the set with “Shakedown Street” — a tune which hadn’t been offered in over a year since 2018’s Sweetwater 420 Fest.
After setbreak, the group picked up where they had left off, returning to the Grateful Dead’s 1978 title track to reprise “Shakedown Street.” Relatively recent Bob Weir original “Gonesville” detoured through “Jack A Roe” ahead of the longest jam of the night, a nearly 24-minute “Eyes of the World.” The fan-favorite band then worked in “Estimated Prophet,” “Jack Straw” and “Morning Dew” to finish out the show’s main set. As a final encore, “Promised Land” was offered for the first time in over a year, following up its last performance on March 15 in Syracuse, New York.
Listen to the full show below, courtesy of Peter Costello and Eric McRoberts, below:
Set One: Samson and Delilah > Dancing In The Streets @ -> The Wheel # -> New Speedway Boogie ## -> Jam -> The Other One -> Shakedown Street $
Set Two: Shakedown Street Reprise % > Gonesville -> Jack A Roe -> Eyes Of The World ^ -> Estimated Prophet -> Jack Straw > Morning Dew
Encore: Promised Land &
- @ – With a DD Solo that teased “Drive My Car” (The Beatles)
- # – With a “What Was It You Wanted” (Bob Dylan) Tease (MB), a “Jolene” (American Babies) Tease (Band) and a Cassidy Tease (TH)
- ## – Not played since 2018-10-25 Hulaween – Amphitheatre Stage, Spirit of the Suwanee Music Park Live Oak, FL, a gap of 24 shows
- $ – With a “Stash” (Phish) Tease (SM), King Solomon’s Marbles Teases (Band), Dancing In The Streets Teases (Band), Unfinished
- % – With Dancing In The Streets Teases (Band), “Bathtub Gin” (Phish) Teases (TH), Not played since 2018-04-21 Sweetwater 420 Festival, Centennial Olympic Park, Atlanta, GA, a gap of 45 shows
- ^ – With Dancing In The Streets Teases (SM) and a Ruben & Cherise Tease (MB)
- & – Not played since 2018-03-15 Landmark Theatre, Syracuse, NY, a gap of 48 Shows
Tour Dates for
Joe Russo’s Almost Dead
- Live Oak, FL
- 4 days • Oct 24 - 27, 2019
Joe Russo’s Almost Dead at Suwannee HulaweenUmphrey’s McGeeThe String Cheese IncidentJason Isbell and The 400 Unit
- Atlanta, GA
- 3 days • Apr 24 - 26, 2020
Joe Russo’s Almost Dead at SweetWater 420 FestOysterheadTrey Anastasio BandGary Clark Jr.
Exact performance date not yet confirmed.