STS9: Red Rocks AddsPretty Lights, Telepath, Pnuma

THE HILLS ARE ALIVE WITH THE SOUND OF BLEEPING

Daedelus
Sound Tribe Sector 9 is pleased to announce the first round of the massive supporting cast they have in the works for the "Day Out of Time" festivities at Red Rocks Amphitheatre on July 25. Pretty Lights, Telepath, Daedelus and The Pnuma Trio will join Sound Tribe with even more acts to be announced in the coming days.

For this special announcement, STS9 has announced a VERY LIMITED ticket release for these shows at the STS9 Store.

[Published on: 3/18/09]

Comments

nickrbk starstarstarstarstar Wed 3/18/2009 07:06AM

nickrbk

this will be the first show at red rocks I will have missed in 2 years. with the support being announced, i get more and more pissed i cant afford to fly to red rocks twice this year. does anybody know if they were demoted from 2 nights at the rocks, due to last years lack of attendance on the first night. if so what a cool way to make good out of bad. keep up the good work boys

JammyJammerson Wed 3/18/2009 07:20AM

sounds like they are having some issues selling tix

Parsonsgoggles Wed 3/18/2009 07:28AM
Benjamin Human Wed 3/18/2009 07:29AM

Benjamin Human

That's right, warm it up for Phish

goatman_H starstarstarstarstar Wed 3/18/2009 07:36AM

goatman_H

d o p e

Jeff Kash Wed 3/18/2009 07:50AM

Jeff Kash

Keeping on hating. STS9 BRINGS THE HEAT!!

Jeff Kash Wed 3/18/2009 07:50AM

Jeff Kash

This shit is gonna be off the chain

MusicPhiend Wed 3/18/2009 07:55AM

MusicPhiend

STS9 does melt my face. Add in Pretty Lights and Pnuma, uh, yes please! This weekend is gonna be the shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit

phishspread-aholic starstarstarstar Wed 3/18/2009 08:01AM

phishspread-aholic

MORE EAST COAST PLLLLLLLEEEEEAAAASSSSEEEE!!!!!! north carolina specifically. 704

FatChance Wed 3/18/2009 09:42AM
thadbosetti Wed 3/18/2009 09:47AM

thadbosetti

^Nail>head. Amen Brother. What ever happened to the improv? Sick supporting acts though! Warming it up fa sho!

Conjugal Burning starstarstarstarstar Wed 3/18/2009 09:57AM

Conjugal Burning

I saw Sound Tribe play until the sun came up with Stantan Moore standing next to me. they never stopped; there was a point when Zach was wailing so violently his sticks flew out of his hand, yet he had extras and never dropped the beat. They have strayed somewhat from their organic/ambient/jazz roots, but readin recent setlists i have much optimism. They ALWAYS have canned food drives and other righteous causes. so when you say "keep breeding negativity and ego-driven behaviors"... maybe you should drink the shit you are spewing fatty.

Have fun at the rocks my peeps

ImSetFree Wed 3/18/2009 10:02AM
peterdrogalis Wed 3/18/2009 10:08AM

bisco inferno got updated today too. not on jambase yet. orchard lounge and new deal

dogphishhead Wed 3/18/2009 10:09AM

dogphishhead

Wow Pnuma, Pretty Lights, and Telepath with STS9?!?! Never would have guessed.....

PongmasterPhlash Wed 3/18/2009 10:14AM

I really can't imagine someone taking an honest listen to a Breathe In, Luma Daylight, From Now On, W.M.I.O.D., Baraka or So It Goes (I can keep the list going...) and tell me that this music has "no redeeming qualities or positive energy" and lacks "any sort of melody or RHYTHM." Sure, they have their laptop moments and some of the new stuff kills me, but I think they're doing a good job of putting the older instrument-driven stuff into the mix and adding new style to it. And yeah - I think STS9 does more for Conscious Alliance and other nonprofits through donated portions of EVERY ticket sale than pretty much any other band on the scene, which doesn't seem very negative to me.

silent9bass Wed 3/18/2009 10:25AM

silent9bass

STS9 is not a jamband. They are actually started something completely original rather than recycling old concepts and continue to reinvent themselves with every new album. Why is this a bad thing? Sorry they don't have 30 minute shredding guitar jams and choose to use the most cutting edge technology. Diversify your tastes or don't comment.

Mittens Wed 3/18/2009 10:31AM

Mittens

ummmmmmmm y hate?.........and no these guys don't just run samples the whole show, and lets say they did.....that still takes skill to create a piece of music that great whether it be on a computer or with instuments, and to say they lack melody shows clearly tells me you have never fully listened to their music or you don't no what melody is, to say oyu don't like them is one thing but to say they are not talented makes you foolish.

toaster100 starstarstarstarstar Wed 3/18/2009 10:32AM

Tribe sounds tighter live than any other band I have ever seen. So many haters out there...I love sts9 about as much as I love bluegrass, jazz, funk, rock, hip-hop, etc...We all need to remember that we can always be more open minded to the ideas we have yet to embrace. The gothic after parties are gonna be euphonic conceptions again which means there will be even more sick music after the filmore and red rocks!! Can't wait for these shows.

MyFavBandIsTheBestYoursSucks starstarstarstarstar Wed 3/18/2009 10:41AM

MyFavBandIsTheBestYoursSucks

Come on, Bring on more of the same lame ass posts that show up on EVERY STS9, Bisco & Umph. story. Talk about needing some good material! Have fun, wish I could make it.

smokey82832 Wed 3/18/2009 10:48AM
JoeBangles starstarstarstarstar Wed 3/18/2009 10:57AM

JoeBangles

Sound Tribe is not what your dad showed you when you were 13. You won't hear them on your local radio station. And if you don't dig them, then you're probably still listening to that same Led Zeppelin album your dad gave you back when you were a kid. Sound Tribe is not about having a bunch of rock stars on stage swinging their cocks around as they all shred the hell out of their instruments for four straight hours. Each band member brings a small part to the music as they create ONE SOUND. And fuck what ya heard, STS9 is ILL. It's not like Bisco where its a rock n' roll show with psychedelic effects and electronic style beats. Its not like house music with a pounding perpetual monotone bass line. STS9 grooves and it swings, but not how you think of when you think groove and swing. STS9 has its own style, its own flavor and can't be fucked with. They are the best at what they do and they are the only ones who do what they do. You say anyone can fuck around on a computer and make beats and electronic music? Well then lets see you do it kid. I wanna see you sit down right now and make some sick ass shit on your computer that is so good that brings in thousands of people and has 'em each pay $40 for a ticket and then bring it on stage for four hours of some get-down-with-the-git-down fuckin music. I want you to do that. If you think you can do that kid, then do it, cuz i love going to good shows. I love being entertained. And i love it when i truly enjoy and love the music that is being perfomed on stage for me and a couple hundred of my closest friends. If you don't dig STS9, then go back to listening to your dad's albums, check the mail to see if your Bonnaroo ticket has come yet, and keep bragging to all of your friends about how this is your fourth year in a row of going to Bonnaroo and how excited you are to see Bruce Springsteen. Meanwhile, i'll out on the scene getting down to some Tribe.

happydestiny starstarstarstarstar Wed 3/18/2009 11:00AM

happydestiny

Peterdrogalis----- if the new deal are really playing there with STS9 and the phenomenal supporting cast then count me in!!!!! the New Deal owns all!

DrFunkinstein Wed 3/18/2009 12:03PM

DrFunkinstein

It has to be free molly and flat bill hat night in morrison

rdawson124 Wed 3/18/2009 12:16PM

rdawson124

JoeBangles that was fucking awesome what you just wrote. Kudos to you my friend, i could not have said it better. ROTHBURY 2009!!!!! I cannot fucking wait.

Entangled Minds Clothing Wed 3/18/2009 12:32PM

Entangled Minds Clothing

pretty lights and daedelus, dance your face off!

gmoo Wed 3/18/2009 12:38PM

gmoo

That's funny Dr. Funkinstein. You have STS9 as one of your favorite artists. You must either be a fool or have multiple personality disorder.

DrFunkinstein Wed 3/18/2009 12:52PM
gmoo Wed 3/18/2009 02:01PM

gmoo

Nope. I just can't stand it when the fashion police show up on jambase. I don't wear flat brims but those who comment on fashion on jambase are the worst of the worst imho.

DrFunkinstein Wed 3/18/2009 02:11PM
thieveried Wed 3/18/2009 02:13PM

what is the deal with everyone on jambase always hating. just go sit in a corner and kill yourself if you really are that unhappy about all the music. granted, you're not gonna like every band out there, get over it. i don't like umphrey's but you don't see me flaming their threads.

y'all really need to grow up and learn to enjoy some of the simple things in life... LIKE GOOD MUSIC.... ALL OF IT!!!!!!!

ImSetFree Wed 3/18/2009 02:17PM

ImSetFree

^^^^ by the way you never took notice to the fact that he didnt say that "sts9 sucks" gmoo. he just commented on their fanbase. the same goes with every disco thread on here. sorry that the bands you guys like have shitty fan bases, not everyone likes to deal with a bunch of brain dead e freaks all the time. regardless i still stick by my first comment, i`d rather pay 15 bucks to see pretty lights in a small venue then see sts9 at red rocks....and before anyone goes crazy, i like the biscuits and sts9 is alright just not my shit

thieveried Wed 3/18/2009 02:41PM

shitty fan base? dude every band has their fair share of shitty fans. take the grateful dead for instance who paved the way for all of this... even JAMbase. as passive and peace loving as a lot of dead heads are... their are a lot of dirty rotten scoundrels who wanted nothing more than to get one over on you to put a buck in their pocket. and did we forget about all the gatecrashers? what kind of fan supports the band they like by breaking into the concert to see it?!?!?

gmoo Wed 3/18/2009 04:09PM

gmoo

Dr. Funk you aren't the worst of the worst. I don't know why I called you out. My bad. I'm sorry bro.

ImSetFree Wed 3/18/2009 04:23PM

ImSetFree

i shouldve worded it differently. a good part of their fan base is of the shitty stereotype we often hear being complained about here.

smokey82832 Wed 3/18/2009 06:45PM

Joe bangles

I do agree that STS9 does rip shit up!! However Springstein IS WAYYYY better than STS9. Just by your logic I can prove the boss is better. People pay hundreds of dollars for his show and he sells out stadiums..IS STS9 doing that? HAs STS9 been performing since before u were born? I think not...so going by your logic the BOSS is clearly better. Unless u can get people to spend 100$ and play some killer music to keep many people grooving all night I think u should take your own advice and shut up

Oh yes this will be my 7th Bonnaroo and I can't Wait for my ticket

RambleOnShelbyRose starstarstarstarstar Wed 3/18/2009 08:11PM

RambleOnShelbyRose

tribe is pretty nasty, i like them a lot. would definitely go to this, but i got bisco red rocks, and phish red rocks higher on my red rocks priority list. prolly not going to any of these actually, but whatever.

the fanbase comments really need to stop though, its just fucking stupid, ignorant, and unfair to everyone who isn't.

see ya on terrr

achalsey star Wed 3/18/2009 10:10PM
achalsey Wed 3/18/2009 10:14PM
achalsey Wed 3/18/2009 10:17PM
achalsey Wed 3/18/2009 10:18PM
BRabbit Wed 3/18/2009 10:23PM

BRabbit

got phish red rocks peace rothbury

bobonoho Thu 3/19/2009 12:38AM

why does this scene hate on ecstasy so much but tolerate lsd, mushrooms, and marijuana?

‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^› {¬¿¬} Thu 3/19/2009 03:58AM

I like the music of sts9, especially the older stuff.

but, some of you fans are such imbeciles.

Lenox Thu 3/19/2009 10:11AM

Lenox

lol i love the article comments miles, people are pretty ridiculous on here.

I love sts9.

zachn00b starstarstarstarstar Thu 3/19/2009 01:37PM

zachn00b

milesgone...you couldn't of said it better...i agree 100%

DrFunkinstein Thu 3/19/2009 07:49PM

DrFunkinstein

gmoo - no worries man, i meant no disrespect. to each his own. have fun at the gig, hope to see you around this summer

rdawson124 starstarstarstarstar Thu 3/19/2009 08:29PM

rdawson124

achalsey- the reason i like sts9's music is because of the way they fuse electronic, funk, jazz, rock, etc. Zach Velmer completely blows me away everytime i see them. Hes a sick drummer. David Phelps is a very talented keyboardist as well, probably the biggest part of STs9. Do you think that i just listen to them when i go to their shows?? no, i listen to them quite a bit at home, work and at parties. I have done molly before at their shows and it was pretty fun. I have seen them six times now and have only done hard drugs twice seeing them (once at Rothbury ...weeeeeeww) I really have a feeling you just don't like electronic music.....at all. Thats cool, i wish your comments didnt bother me but they do. Rothbury '09 baby, can't wait to do some drugs and watch some shows!!!! Just kidding......kind of.

moejoerisin Sat 3/21/2009 11:54AM

moejoerisin

i've never done molly and sts9 is one of my favorite bands.

mike gordon's favorite drummer is zach velmer. but no, they don't make "real" music.

GratefullyCruzin Sat 3/21/2009 01:13PM

GratefullyCruzin

PRETTY LIGHTS IN NORTHERN VA 15 min from MD & WV COME GET DOWN WITH US! @ VIRGINIA BREWING COMPANY HOME OF ZEROPAK LIVE CHECK IT OUT ON PRETTY LIGHTS TOURDATES http://www.jambase.com/Artists/50880/Pretty-Lights TIX ARER GOING FAST!!!!

boom shanker Sat 3/21/2009 04:07PM

boom shanker

oh man i wish i could be there

groovatronics Sun 3/22/2009 11:45AM

hey smoky82, last i checked, most "musicians" caught in the limelight of "mainstream" attention actually suck ass. what else is selling out stadiums right now? yeah, miley cyrus and katy perry and creed and sliknot and seether and panic at the disco... the list goes on. yeah there was a time when bands with substance, innovation and talent got internationally popular, but that time is not now. led zeppelin is dead, and black sabbath has turned to something horrible. almost every person at a tom petty show (or bruce springstien, mind you) is a rich 45+ year old white person buying $8 beers from greedy venues (like rr) and ticketmaster rules everything you once loved. so for you to say springstein is better than tribe cuz he sells more overpriced tickets than them is fucking preposterous.

and achalsey i know people already said these things but since you would LOVE to hear them, so, for the record, i've seen sts9 5 times and been sober 3 of them, and yeah they've ALL been plenty enjoyable.

crcaudle starstarstarstarstar Sun 3/22/2009 03:24PM

crcaudle

I just saw five nights of Sound Tribe in row... two in Asheville at the Peel and 3 in Athens at the Georgia Theater. They were awesome every night and sold out all 5 shows way in advance! These guys just keep getting better and better and there is no better band anywhere in my opinion!

phish_420 Wed 3/25/2009 09:55AM

phish_420

Donaface, I don't know if you were kidding or if that was a crack at STS9, but I can tell you now you can't keep a beat like Zack can. I am an educated, professional musician and I can't comprehend why someone wouldn't consider this music, or STS9 musicians. I also prefer some of their older music, and yes I attend STS9 shows without eating extacy. For everyone that hates STS9 at least I won't have to see you at Red Rocks. By the way, I live in the jamgrass capital of the world, and plenty of people eat extacy at these shows. You don't hear hip hop fans saying have fun rolling out at your jam grass. I just think it is foolish. When thousands of fans show up for a show it is hard to generalize about the type of people that must attend. For me, I have STS9, PHISH, and yes even Bisco to look forward to at Red Rocks this summer. I suppose none of this is music, but I enjoy it, if this stuff isn't music, I must not really be a musician, I wonder what they are really doing on stage, perhaps urinating in my ear? Bring on the pee!

davidschmiddy starstarstarstar Sat 9/1/2012 12:19AM

JoeBangles ...dude that comment was the epitome of what an O,G, comment should be.. it was crafted beautifully in a way that spread much love around the tribe..