TV on the Radio New Album

TV on the Radio To Release Dear Science, On 9/23

TV on the Radio
New York's TV on the Radio has announced the title and release date for their follow up to 2006's breakout Return To Cookie Mountain. Dear Science, will be released in the States through Interscope on September 23 and 4AD will release the album internationally on September 22.

TVOTR have a few dates scheduled, including slots at the Monolith, Street Scene, and Treasure Island festivals. Miles Benjamin Anthony Robinson will open a number of the shows.

TV on the Radio Tour Dates
09.05 Portland, OR - Roseland *
09.06 Seattle, WA - Showbox *
09.07 Vancouver, British Columbia - Commodore Ballroom *
09.09 Calgary, Alberta - MacEwan Ballroom *
09.10 Edmonton, Alberta - Starlite Room *
09.12 Boise, ID - Knitting Factory *
09.13 Salt Lake City, UT - In the Venue *
09.14 Morrison, CO - Red Rocks - Monolith Festival
09.19 San Diego, CA - Street Scene
09.20 San Francisco, CA - Treasure Island Festival
* with Miles Benjamin Anthony Robinson

[Published on: 7/21/08]

Comments

1048 starstarstarstarstar Mon 7/21/2008 10:58AM

1048

Awesome, Return to Cookie Mountain was one of my favorite albums of 2007.

Chaloupka Mon 7/21/2008 12:02PM

Chaloupka

Never could get into Return to Cookie Mountain, which got tons of praise. Maybe this one will be different?

steveanderson81 starstarstarstarstar Mon 7/21/2008 12:18PM

steveanderson81

Awesome. These guys are tight! Bowie pretty much raved about how good they are. If you haven't heard them check them out soon.

George W. Bush II starstarstarstarstar Mon 7/21/2008 06:32PM

George W. Bush II

Chaloupka, I felt the same way about that album, but eventually it hit me :)

Jukebox Hero Tue 7/22/2008 06:45AM

Jukebox Hero

I look forward to this. I thought cookie mountain had some excellent songs (i.e. wolf like me, a method), but wasn't totally consistent. I think a slightly more focussed, concise record from these guys could be excellent

groovatronics Tue 7/22/2008 10:09PM

i really dislike when they do a'cappella sections that seem to take hours. i just find it very annoying and hard to listen to.

hopefully less of that on the new album.

and less airtime on mtv. :)

msd413886669 starstarstarstarstar Wed 7/23/2008 09:01AM

msd413886669

This band is so sick. I saw them last year for the cookie mountain tour and it was bad ass. I was very impressed. I actually took a couple listen to get to like that record as well, because blood thirsty babes was a lot more raw and impacting on first listen, but then it started to unfold a lot more layers and I really love that record too. I'm very much looking forward to this new album and a tour to follow. Definitely a great group of artists. If you don't have their first album desperate youth blood thirsty babes, I suggest you go get it. Sick record, and groovatronics, your crazy. Their a'capella parts are awesome. They did one when I saw them, and started to mess up, then started over and the song was bad ass. Definitely excited about this release.

RothburyWithCheese starstarstarstarstar Wed 7/30/2008 03:38AM

RothburyWithCheese

Cant wait. Now that SCI isnt playing together; these guys are the best band on the planet right now.

ChrisBace Thu 8/7/2008 12:46PM

ChrisBace

Just listened to INCREDIBLE album "Desperate Youth,..." for the first time in ages last night, and then found this article this morning.... A new album = Perfect! CAN. NOT. WAIT.