MMJ Documentary from 2038

My Morning Jacket Back From the Future with Documentary Set In 2038

Those My Morning Jacket fellas sure are a hoot. Coming on the heels of their hot release Evil Urges (read the review here) and news that they will be celebrating New Year's Eve at Madison Square Garden, the Jacket have traveled to 2038 and back again for a "documentary." Yeah, you read right, MMJ were tracked down by a filmmaker to get the scoop 30 years down the road.

If this ain't making much sense, just watch below, it's a good time.

My Morning Jacket play at New York's Radio City Music Hall this Friday, June 20, and will be touring hard all summer; dates available here.

[Published on: 6/19/08]

Comments

MarkBC Thu 6/19/2008 10:55AM

MarkBC

I downloaded the Roo show and I don't really get the hype. I like a few of the tunes but I'm not that into to them yet. I think I'm going to have to check out one of their shows to really 'get' it?

Conjugal Burning Thu 6/19/2008 11:03AM

Conjugal Burning

Evil Urges is allright, but I really hope the jacket gets away from city life and time restraints on their next album. They should talk to Trey and rent out the barn or something. On another note, Lester Claypool looks way cooler as an old man in the Primus video 'Blame it on the Fish'

thedrugsdontwork Thu 6/19/2008 11:21AM

thedrugsdontwork

they're actually a really good band mark, just stick with 'em and give them a chance. try their studio stuff, esp. "z", great album.....

bold99 Thu 6/19/2008 11:29AM

its funny how everyone is talking about MMJ's hype now....to me its not hype they have been an amazing live band for like 8 years. Evil Urges is off the hook...especially these songs live.

Flat5 Thu 6/19/2008 12:38PM

Flat5

I just bought the evil urges and i dig the shit . "aluminumn park" sounds like it was designed to rock live.

Grateful Dread Thu 6/19/2008 01:32PM

Grateful Dread

"Can you dial back the reverb a little bit?"

That's not something I ever thought I'd hear come out of Jim James's mouth.

As expected, he was also the funniest one in the video.

JonSoda starstarstar Thu 6/19/2008 01:36PM

JonSoda

Sheriff? I was expecting outlaw. What happened to being friends with Butch Cassidy?

Its a safe bet to say they will never stop playing music to become actors.

Thats for the best though.

GeorgieP Thu 6/19/2008 01:53PM

GeorgieP

Yeah, Flat, "Aluminum Park" is siiiiiiiick!

C00lmike Thu 6/19/2008 02:53PM

C00lmike

In other news, Phish is releasing 7/22/97 Walnut Creek (Raleigh, NC) on DVD

ClaysTribe starstarstarstarstar Thu 6/19/2008 04:37PM

ClaysTribe

^^ thanks coolmike for the news!!!

sounds like butter cream sauce witha side of fishgoo

thehurricane23 Thu 6/19/2008 05:00PM

thehurricane23

Yeah they rock live, they spun me one year w/ the white faces and conductors and puppets and all kinds of crazy shit, I was outta my mind

jonducat Thu 6/19/2008 05:00PM

I was at the show and downloaded it as well. live version doesn't have great quality. if I were Mark or anyone else interested in hearing good live shit, download the entire Okonokos cd.

curtbraski starstarstarstarstar Thu 6/19/2008 08:13PM

curtbraski

a band from the heavens... james is hillarious as well.... louisville baby

jammasterjustin Thu 6/19/2008 09:26PM

jim james is the shit

skyler3887 Thu 6/19/2008 09:53PM

skyler3887

i'm pretty sure Les Claypool already did the documentary from the future idea on his blame it on the fish DVD

kb4404 Thu 6/19/2008 10:41PM

I just saw Radiohead; fantastic show!! But I can't wait for My Morning Jacket in August!! MMJ is the best band in the world right now!

Mountain_Icculus starstarstarstarstar Thu 6/19/2008 10:54PM

Mountain_Icculus

omg i love all your comments! A Band from the heavens is shining a beautiful light on us all Curtbraski! Just watched them tonight on Conan. Simply Incredible.

‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^› {¬¿¬} Fri 6/20/2008 04:30AM

I am really confused .. do I want to go to the show at the fox in ATL?

I like the song Im amazed.. off the new album. but I did not care for Z very much.. it was ok.. does this band jam or what?

I love jambands.. not regular plain pop bands..

moeron99 starstarstarstarstar Fri 6/20/2008 05:53AM

milesgone, you should definitely go. you will not be dissapointed. i wasn't a fan of the studio ablbum Z, but hearing it live is incredible. the new material sounded great at bonnaroo too. and yes this band rocks the F out. i'd be surprised if you didn't walk away a fan after catching one of their shows.

Robusto Fri 6/20/2008 07:15AM

Robusto

c00lmike> Are you bullshitting? How do you know Phish is releasing this show on DVD. If you're tellin' the truth that's bad ass.

Robusto Fri 6/20/2008 07:16AM

Robusto

Ohhh . . . I guess I don't visit Phish.com very often anymore.

Robusto Fri 6/20/2008 07:38AM

Robusto

Just pre-ordered DVD. Hell yeah!

‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^› {¬¿¬} Fri 6/20/2008 09:40AM

okay cgreen, I love the fox in atl anyway, my favorite southern venue!!!

joselave starstarstarstarstar Fri 6/20/2008 11:04AM

joselave

Where is the MMJ Bonnaroo set?

Does anyone have the link?

walthers starstarstarstarstar Fri 6/20/2008 12:23PM

Joselave,

Check out etree, it was up with over 400 seeders yesterday

standingtaller starstarstarstarstar Sat 6/21/2008 07:21AM

standingtaller

MMJ are def giving the summer some special soundtrack to my life. Thank gawd for EviL Urges, I can finally put down In Rainbows, get domestic with it and see the boys in Nashvegas at the Riverfront 8/15. See y'alls there?

torn&treyed Sat 6/21/2008 08:16AM

whats the big deal, plus these guys dont have whatever you have to have to pull of this we went to the future shit..... cmon

curtbraski Sat 6/21/2008 11:48AM

curtbraski

i dont see the nashville waterfront show anywhere... wheres the link????

curtbraski Sat 6/21/2008 11:49AM

curtbraski

nev mind never saw this post that until today

curtbraski starstarstarstarstar Sat 6/21/2008 11:57AM

curtbraski

Nashville to Kentucky.... Tenn Fire Style Baby!!!!!

Grateful Dread Sat 6/21/2008 02:49PM

Grateful Dread

These guys absolutely killed it at Radio City last night. Some of the new tunes aren't exactly my cup of tea, but they still rawked the fuck out on every single song of the night. Not sure where I'm ranking it, but definitely somewhere in my top 10 lifetime. I'm kinda glad that MMJ are a bunch of rough, grizzled dudes and not some pretty boys so they're less likely to head in the, dare I say it, MTV direction. They sure are blowin' up though. Peace.

dustinlynntowne Sun 6/22/2008 08:40AM

dustinlynntowne

where can i download the bonnaroo show

ice331 Sun 6/22/2008 09:59PM