Conor Oberst Album & World Tour

Conor Oberst World Tour

Conor Oberst a.k.a. Bright Eyes will release his first solo album since the late '90s. The self-titled LP found Oberst in Tepoztán Morales, Mexico backed by his group, The Mystic Valley Band. In celebration of the solo effort, Oberst will tour the world and has launched a new Website: www.conoroberst.com.

The album will hit streets on August 4 in the U.S. and August 5 in the U.K.

Conor Oberst Tour Dates

10.03 - Brisbane, Australia @ Tivoli
10.04 - Sydney, Australia @ Enmore
10.05 - Sydney, Australia @ Great Escape
* with A Weather
$ with Dri
** with Evangelicals
^ with Bob Dylan, Levon Helm, The Swell Season, Gillian Welch, Steve Earle and Raul Malo
% with Jenny Lewis

[Published on: 6/19/08]

Comments

thedrugsdontwork Thu 6/19/2008 10:39AM

thedrugsdontwork

mmmmm..........new music from Conor.....unfortunately for me no florida dates but after 13 years of living in the penis of america i'm kinda used to it. but i am looking forward to the album. conor rarely lets me down......

damion2369 starstarstar Thu 6/19/2008 11:07AM

at the moment i am not really feeling conors new vibe. but who knows his music kinda grows on you. Does anyone know if this tour is solely the music valley what not, or the new and the old....

HoodooVoodoo star Thu 6/19/2008 11:48AM
Cola21 starstarstarstarstar Thu 6/19/2008 12:12PM

Cola21

I think Cassadaga is one of those classic records, really. The story behind his new record - going into the mountain caves of Mexico with no watches/time devices and doing the whole spiritual thing sounds a bit like his Cassadaga thing. I don't know if I find the backstory repetative or just another attempt at inspiration. Probably inspiration, and I can get behind that. But Conor live is always exciting. And I'd like to clear up for anyone who's confused: voicing concern and disappointment for the state of the world and society doesn't automatically equate to whining. Jackson Browne is maybe my favorite musician of all time - and that's what he does. He's an artist. That's what I expect from artists - critique society. Not their sole purpose, but it's an important gift that few others feel confident enough to do. Lastly, Conor today is not the same as Conor 10 years ago - so if you're still hung up on his old laments, I suggest you dabble in the rest of the catalog.

joeyb4 starstarstarstarstar Thu 6/19/2008 12:33PM

joeyb4

Hoodoo Voodoo: Why are you worried about his avatar, or what he listens to for that matter. Is he your boyfriend/girlfriend? are you an elitist? are you better than everyone here? please explain. If you dont like Conor why post here? it makes you look like a douche.

Looking forward to this album and tour. Conor is great, he really puts the crutches of drug addiction in perspective.

strangefolkphan8 starstarstarstarstar Thu 6/19/2008 12:48PM

I can't wait to see him for the first time at SPAC with Bob Dylan, Levon Helm, Gillian Welch and others! Should be the best $40 I spend this summer!

BGsteveBG Thu 6/19/2008 12:56PM

BGsteveBG

Wow I Love Conor Oberst... apparently so does Wilco.

thedrugsdontwork starstarstarstarstar Thu 6/19/2008 01:03PM

thedrugsdontwork

lol hoodoo.....cheer up, life is too short to have a negative attitude....

HoodooVoodoo starstarstarstarstar Thu 6/19/2008 01:24PM
Cola21 Thu 6/19/2008 02:04PM

Cola21

I knew I'd seen it before, so I took the liberty to check out the origin of the name Bright Eyes for the amusement of us all. Conor got it from "a movie on Turner Classic Movies" where a guy repeatedly called a girl "bright eyes" as an endearing term. What I found more interesting was Wikipedia's list of past band members and contributors. It's like a "Who's Who" in the alternative music scene as well as every musician in Omaha haha. Lovely.

Muffinman1 Thu 6/19/2008 02:53PM

Muffinman1

Yes, Hoodoo is right, drugsdontwork's picture is very sad and depressing. You need a hug from me, that will cheer you up. Then we will take a picture together. I love you drugsdontwork and I don't want to see you so upset!

mescking starstarstarstar Thu 6/19/2008 04:15PM

mescking

I agree with strangefolkphan8, that SPAC bill is fantastic and I'll be there. From what I've heard of this album, it's fairly similar to the more countryish (for lack of a better word) material on the past few Bright Eyes albums.

canoftunapudding Thu 6/19/2008 06:45PM

Cola,

Jackson Browne is one of my favorite artists as well but I can take only so much of his political jargon. I enjoy the majority of his music and think that some of his later albums (Im alive, and naked ride home) are just as good as his early 70s releases. Seeing him live, though, is almost always a major downer...not a disapointment. I was close to disappointed at the past christmas jam because he really dropped the mood of the whole event with his set. I wish he wouldn't push his politics so hard at his shows. I know that it's his own trip so he can do whatever he wants to and I'll probably continue to see him regardless. Just goes to show you, different strokes for different folks.

HoodooVoodoo starstarstarstarstar Fri 6/20/2008 12:08PM

HoodooVoodoo

Cola,

Jackson 5 are one of my favorite artists as well but I think Tito was way better the Jermaine. I enjoy a lot of LaToya Jackson as well, but I think in her later years she strayed from her course (perhaps because Joe Jackson beat the shit out her regularly). When I saw them live it was a huge downer. Usually at most shows they would sing "ABC...just as easy as 1-2-3," but instead they began to start seeing Iron Maiden tunes. I'll probably still see them, but next time I will make sure that Janet strokes my favorite bloke.

Cola21 Sat 6/21/2008 10:20AM

Cola21

I can definitely appreciate that humor. AND the Best of Jackson 5 is solid.