Death Cab: Narrow Stairs

Death Cab for Cutie Announce Narrow Stairs Tracklist

Death Cab for Cutie
Death Cab for Cutie's sixth full-length album, Narrow Stairs is set for release on May 13 through Atlantic. According to Billboard.com the album leads off with the nine-minute track "Bixby Canyon Bridge."

While there will undoubtedly be a full tour in support of the record, for now the only scheduled dates are at Coachella and Bonnaroo.

NOTE: According to Death Cab's publicist, the following tracklist is not yet finalized.

Narrow Stairs tracklist:

1 Bixby Canyon Bridge
2 I Will Possess Your Heart
3 No Sunlight
4 Cath
5 Talking Bird
6 You Can Do Better Than Me (But I Can't Do Better Than You)
7 Grapevine Fires
8 Your New Twin Size Bed
9 The Remainder
10 Pity and Fear
11 The Ice Is Getting Thinner

In other Death Cab news, guitarist Chris Walla's solo effort, Field Manual, is in stores now, and a digital version of frontman Ben Gibbard's Kurt Cobain: About a Son score with Steve Fisk will be available soon.

[Published on: 2/13/08]

Comments

moejoerisin Wed 2/13/2008 04:23PM

moejoerisin

get ready for the gripes to flow in... say what you will about these guys, they write great pop songs, and the lyrics blow most of your (and my) favorite bands out of the water.

Chaloupka starstarstar Wed 2/13/2008 04:46PM

Chaloupka

I dig it.

biged starstarstarstar Wed 2/13/2008 05:22PM

biged

I couldnt agree with you more moejoe...they are amazing song writer! I have seen them perform several times....they put on a pretty damn good show....but it is pop music

Jammer1086 starstarstarstarstar Wed 2/13/2008 06:48PM

Jammer1086

i love this band. transatlanticism and plans are both really great albums. but i don't really agree with the pop aspect the you guys are talking about. yes the are "popular" but i don't hear them on normal radio. and most people that i know that are in to crappy pop music don't even know what who they are. and here is a premptive FU to the haters....sorry had to add that, i like these guys too much.....

Lenox Wed 2/13/2008 06:58PM

Lenox

what i want is the new POSTAL SERVICE album PLZ. Get that shit done!!

RonCronDon starstarstarstarstar Wed 2/13/2008 07:11PM

RonCronDon

To all you hatas: I'll mash you like potatas. These guys are one of my favorite all time "top secret" bands that I'm afraid to tell anyone I listen to. Plans and Transatlanticism both KICKED ASS and I'm expecting a lot from this one. I love the cool sound effects and high production quality on their studio work. Also, a new POSTAL SERVICE album would be tha bomb.

kirkbrew starstarstarstarstar Wed 2/13/2008 08:51PM

kirkbrew

SWEET! This is a GREAT band. Gibbard is an incredible lyricist and they come off live much better than on record (and I think they come off on record pretty fucking well).

I’d really like to see another Postal Service album, but the first was so amazing, maybe we should just keep with that to avoid the disappointment.

sk8er4ever0101 starstarstar Wed 2/13/2008 09:18PM

It is good music, but there is something about it i just cant enjoy to the fullest....

‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^› {¬¿¬} Thu 2/14/2008 06:06AM

the best POP band EVER, is TALKING HEADS.

DC isn't bad, but not that great either. YAY MUSIC!!!

sleewell starstarstarstarstar Thu 2/14/2008 08:29AM

sleewell

love these guys!!! they just flat out write good music. cant wait to get the new album and see them again.

Mark Price former NBA star Thu 2/14/2008 08:46AM

Mark Price former NBA star

DEATH CAB FOR SUCKY...yeah they are one of the worst bands in the world. They are also one of the reasons Bonnaroo sucks this year, hell there worse that Mettaica. FUCK DEATH CAB!!!!

slapernicus starstarstarstar Thu 2/14/2008 08:59AM

slapernicus

Kdiddybaby, you are obviously a child with little to no experience in the real world, much less the musical one (oh wait, that IS the real world for me). You of course have the right to your opinion, but you should really check out DCFC and Metallica (live or their MULTIPLE studio efforts) before you make such judgments. If nothing else respect Metallica for having endured, they've been playing music longer than you've been alive...I'd be interested to see if you're doing anything remotely related to what you studying now college-baby...maybe you will be since it seems to be mostly ignorance, bias, and poor spelling/grammar...hard habits to break.

cam0083 starstarstarstarstar Thu 2/14/2008 09:45AM

cam0083

Wow, jammer1086 it looks like you jumped the gun so far on the FU to all the haters...except for kiddybaby. Maybe this just helps prove that this is a good band that writes quality music. All of their albums have been good and the Postal Service is one of those record that I could listen to a million times and never get sick of. Wish the article had more detail than just the fact that the album has a nine minute opening track though.

sleewell Thu 2/14/2008 11:05AM

sleewell

kiddybaby, i would agrue that the reason bonnaroo sucks this year is people like you. people that are too closed minded to actually listen to different music and who make stupid comments about bands they probably havent even really honestly listened to. there is a whole world of music out there, i would suggest you step outside of the box and find some.

bksfg4 Thu 2/14/2008 12:41PM

bksfg4

I have listened to DC and seen them in concert and they are another slightly above average musical talent. They have songs with descent lyrics and talk about suicide in a lot of songs. They are in a sense the ideal pop emo-rock band. They are a product of the emo boom and as it falls so will DC.

Mark Price former NBA star Thu 2/14/2008 01:51PM

Mark Price former NBA star

moejoerisin Thu 2/14/2008 02:51PM

moejoerisin

"talk about suicide in a lot of songs."

you sure we're talking about the same band? i have many of their releases and have not found one song about suicide.. i'm not saying you have to dig them but don't say something that just isn't true. in fact they have many songs about the joyful aspects of life-

"I don't recall a single care,

Just greenery and humid air.

Then Labor day came and went

And we shed what was left of our summer skin"

-summer skin

"I want to live where soul meets body

And let the sun wrap its arms around me

And bathe my skin in water cool and cleansing

And feel, feel what its like to be new"

-soul meets body

"God bless the daylight, the sugary smell of springtime"

-we looked like giants

dispatch24 starstarstarstarstar Thu 2/14/2008 09:07PM

Kdiddybaby

"Well you all have your thoughts on what you like for music. But It's through my experience that DeathCab is horrible. But I'm a jamband kind of guy, and will never think highly of Deathcab...there too plain, and blah. think what you want of me, but they don't even deserve so be famous."

So I have been on this website everyday for the past 3 years, and recently I have seen a lot of people talking bad about music. It's never inspired me write before, until now. Kdiddybaby, I just don't understand. You admit you are a jamband kind of guy, but does that mean you hate all other music? If you don't think DC4C is not jam (which they aren't) then don't comment on the page. If it isn't your style, why say bad things at all. Yes, you are entitled to your opinion, but why go out of your way to talk bad about a band. They don't deserve to (i assume you mean to and not so) be famous? Why, because you don't like them? That's stupid, man. There are a lot of crappy bands that get cover here, but that doesn't mean they haven't worked their asses off to get where they are. And you or I are in no place to say they don't have what they deserve. DC4C may not be your music, but it is for others, so back off.

For everyone who sees a band they don't like that jambase is covering...DON'T CLICK THE LINK! SKIP THAT ARTICLE!

That being said...I can't wait for this album!

boxofrain Fri 2/15/2008 07:32AM

People on here complain about Jay-z and Kanye reviews etc.. but then like this crap?? WOW

bksfg4 Wed 2/20/2008 01:03PM

bksfg4

I know this is probably late to respond to Mojorisin and don't know why I am even writing this but you put lyrics on there and leave out certain ones to make the song say what you want.

And I do believe it’s true

That there are roads left in both of our shoes

But if the silence takes you

Then I hope it takes me too

That is talking about if she dies i hope i die

Not suicide there but death still.

Then what about the song I will follow you Into the dark.

The title itself speaks of suicide.Then you have these lyrics to start it:

Love of mine some day you will die

But I'll be close behind

I'll follow you into the dark

If thats not suicide then what is?

Related Goods