All Eyes on MMJ

OF MMJ'S LOLLAPALOOZA 2007 PERFORMANCE WITH
THE CHICAGO YOUTH SYMPHONY ORCHESTRA

"The Current Fix" Calls Out to Fans to Document
With Cell Phones and Digital Cameras
One Classic MMJ Song for Inclusion in "All Eyes on My Morning Jacket" Video

My Morning Jacket
My Morning Jacket fans will get the rare shot to unleash their inner concert video director when The Current Fix – Current TV's rock journalism program – produces "All Eyes on My Morning Jacket." Fans can shoot video of one classic MMJ song at Lollapalooza on Sunday, August 5 on their cell phones or digital cameras, and then upload their footage to www.current.tv/mymorningjacket. The Current Fix production team will take it from there, weaving together the collected footage and producing an entirely innovative concert video that captures the essence of MMJ's Lollapalooza show from every fan's perspective.

This is not your everyday, incendiary My Morning Jacket show either: For the event, MMJ will perform with the Chicago Youth Symphony Orchestra (CYSO). This will be the second collaboration for MMJ and CYSO – the two groups played together last fall after MMJ's summer performances with The Boston Pops.

"All Eyes on My Morning Jacket" marks the second such collaboration for The Current Fix. The first, "All Eyes on the Shins," documented one of the band's original performances of "Phantom Limb" – the first single from The Shins' latest album, Wincing the Night Away – at last year's Austin City Limits Festival. Hundreds of clips from fans' cell phones and digital cameras were uploaded and blended together to produce the video (which can be seen at www.current.tv/fix).

Since its inception, music programming has always been a major thread of Current TV's programming and online content. The Current Fix delivers a tapestry of music-driven coverage with a richness and immediacy unlike any other programming on television today. From the hottest up-and-comers to the world's music legends, The Current Fix reveals the untold stories in modern music. Called "the best integration of television and the Internet to date" by Rolling Stone magazine, the network's innovative music programming goes beyond the hype, by digging deep into the lives of favorite established artists such as Bono, The Shins, Perry Farrell and Mos Def; discovering the stories of bands on the rise, including Silversun Pickups, Cold War Kids, Chamillionaire and MSTRKRFT; and capturing the experiences of music lovers worldwide.

[Published on: 7/29/07]

Comments

eat_vinyl_death Mon 7/30/2007 10:38AM

didnt the beastie boys already do this?

JakeCinningerisgod Mon 7/30/2007 10:44AM

yes they did, still its a cool concept

toestothenose Mon 7/30/2007 12:27PM

toestothenose

Love the concept! This new fangled technology allows you to share your individual concert experience with fellow fans. Perhaps one day videos will be sought after like tapes are.

Road To Shambala Mon 7/30/2007 12:29PM

Road To Shambala

Its a great idea. I think poros should be shot like this as well.

jalew starstarstarstarstar Mon 7/30/2007 03:21PM

jalew

Current T.V. is T.V. I can appreciate. Check it out. It is the future of the tube!

acomma Mon 7/30/2007 06:33PM

acomma

totally vile?

vida421 Mon 7/30/2007 06:35PM

vida421

yes, the b-boys did this...but "the simpson's did it" first(see south park) i was apart of the b-boys "AIFST", but it's not a bad thing that other bands are doing it too. this worked out very well for the b-boys, they even took it to sundance...there's will always be the best because it was thrown together last minute. they announced it on their message board the day before the show. yauch decided to do it thursday night. it was really fun do be apart of. the first 3 songs the edits are too fast, but when it settles down...it's just like being there.

vida421 Mon 7/30/2007 06:36PM

vida421

their's

RothburyWithCheese star Mon 7/30/2007 08:11PM
vespuchi2 starstarstarstarstar Mon 7/30/2007 09:14PM

vespuchi2

worst band ever? hardly, what other band out there is putting out as much good rock as mmj? and they put on a pretty fuckin good show too

BGsteveBG starstarstarstarstar Tue 7/31/2007 12:45AM

BGsteveBG

man i wish i could give lesterbang more than just one thumbs down.
MMJ is amazing, and, yes, their idea is SOMEWHAT similar to the B-Boys AMAZING idea.. but it is quite different. they can have the perspective of thousands of participants versus the boy's 50 or so. I can only hope to go and upload some sweet shots.

nobodysjam starstarstarstarstar Tue 7/31/2007 07:31PM

nobodysjam

oh man I once HATED on these guys, boy was I wrong, giants I tell ya, standing on the shouldres of giants, they are out there with the purest intention and activly taking music to the next level, it's fools that miss out-fools.

sunnbear starstarstarstarstar Thu 8/2/2007 02:19PM

sunnbear

MMJ is Golden!

sunnbear starstarstarstarstar Thu 8/2/2007 02:19PM

sunnbear

MMJ is Golden!

sunnbear Thu 8/2/2007 02:21PM

sunnbear

See, my statement rings so true, it was printed twice!

assafjaffe starstarstarstarstar Mon 8/6/2007 07:40AM

assafjaffe

Lesterbangsghost are you even into music. Last week you dissed Jeff Tweedy (Maybe Ryan Adams) and now MMJ. They rock live (seen them 4 times) and their last two studio albums are excellent. Personally I think It Still Moves is better. Lester Bangs, the writer not the Douchebag (you my friend) would never have wholeheartedly dismissed great artists like you do. I demand you change you user name. here are a few suggestions
1: Hatefulphan
2: Crticofallthatrocks
3: Sourpussbitchalot

Long Live Rock

‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^› {¬¿¬} starstarstarstarstar Mon 8/6/2007 09:50AM

I need to hear something really jammy from mmj.
I have been not too interested in seeing them, however, my buddy who loves alot of bands I do, saw them in ashville he said it was really bad ass, so I need to catch them someday somehow. I am curious now.

lesterbangsghost. there is much worse out there!!!! much much worse!!! bash some band that really sucks please.