Don’t let our Berwyn address fool you. FitzGerald’s is conveniently located just 6 blocks from the Forest Park Blue Line stop at Oak Park Ave!
FitzGerald’s has been a gathering spot since it was built in the early 1900’s. Up to 1925, the frame building at 6615 W. Roosevelt was a roadhouse used as a hunting lodge and sporting team headquarters. As more buildings rose along Roosevelt Road, the club was home to several nightclubs, the best-known being The Hunt Club, which flourished through the 1950’s and early 60’s–acts included Turk Murphy, Bob Scobey and Lil Armstrong. After the Hunt Club closed, the space became the Deer Lodge, complete with pool tables and a fortune teller.
The FitzGerald famly bought the building in 1980, and since that time FitzGerald’s has gained a national reputation for excellent live music in a casual, comfortable atmosphere. Along the way, the family purchased the buldings on either side of the club; the corner building now houses a private party space and “get away’ bar, and the building to the east is currently occupied by Capri Ristorante, a popular Old World Italian restaurant. This is a separate business from FitzGerald’s — to make a reservation or for more info, call them at (708) 637-4085.