Twiddle Welcomes James Casey, Brandon Niederauer, Shira Elias & Others In New York
Twiddle held the second of two shows at Sony Playstation Theater in New York City Saturday night. Like Friday’s show, Trey Anastasio Band saxophonist James Casey was among the band’s guests, which also included guitarist Brandon “Taz” Niederauer and others sitting-in.
The concert began in the same fashion as Friday’s show with Twiddle playing a seated acoustic first set. The “unplugged” section saw takes on “Dusk ‘Til Dawn,” “BBQ,” “Subconscious Prelude” and “Glycerine Medley.”
Casey emerged in the second set to supply sax to “Polluted Beauty” with trumpeter Enrique Sanchez also added to the mix. Guitarist Mike Gantzer of opening act Aqueous came on stage for the debut of the Twiddle original “Milk,” which closed the second set. Turkuaz vocalist Shira Elias came out at the start of the third set for a bust out cover of “I Want You Back.” Twiddle then offered back-to-back debuts of “Nicodemus Portulay” and “Fat Country Baby.”
Guitarist Brandon “Taz” Niederauer was then brought on for “Mamunes The Faun,” followed by Casey returning for “Be There” and “Latin Tang,” the latter of which also featured Sanchez. Elias and Gantzer were also enlisted for the encore cover of Leonard Cohen’s “Hallelujah.” View a set of audience-shot videos from Saturday in NYC below:
Setlist (via uTwiddle)
Set One: Dusk ‘Til Dawn, BBQ, Subconscious Prelude, Glycerine Medley
Set Two: Gatsby The Great , Polluted Beauty , Milk 
Set Three: I Want You Back , Nicodemus Portulay , Fat Country Baby , Mamunes The Faun , Be There , Latin Tang 
Encore: Hallelujah 
-  “Gatsby The Great” contained a “Big Country” (Bela Fleck) tease.
-  “Polluted Beauty” featured James Casey (TAB, Lettuce) on saxophone and Enrique Sanchez on trumpet.
-  “Milk” was a debut and featured Mike Gantzer (Aqueous) on guitar.
-  “I Want You Back” featured Shira Elias (Turkuaz) on vocals
-  “Nicodemus Portulay” and “FatCountr Baby” were deubts.
-  “Mamunes The Faun” featured Brandon “Taz” Niederauer on guitar.
-  “Be There” featured James Casey.
-  “Hallelujah” featured Shira Elias and Mike Gantzer.