Tesla guitarist Frank Hannon is set to release three new albums in 2018. From One Place…To Another Vol. 1 is the first of the three and is expected January 26.
“The songs that I contributed to Tesla, ‘What You Give’, ‘Gettin’ Better’ and ‘Love Song’, have always had an acoustic, country or bluesy vibe to them,” said Hannon in a statement. “I love to sing and my father-in-law Dickey Betts encouraged me to step up to the microphone with guitar in hand. He sang many hits in the Allman Brothers Band and ‘Blue Sky’ is one of my all time favorites.” Hannon’s version of “Blue Sky” is the first single from the forthcoming LP.
From One Place…To Another Vol. 1 features a number of special guests including Blackberry Smoke’s Paul Jackson, original Heart guitarist Roger Fisher and Matthew and Gunnar Nelson who contributed to a cover of their father’s “Garden Party.” On “Blue Sky,” Hannon is joined by guitarist Duane Betts, son of the tune’s writer – Dickey Betts.
“I recorded the majority of the songs while on tour with Tesla in dressing rooms, hotels, buses and even bathrooms using a handheld recorder,” continued Hannon. “I also went to friends’ houses to capture performances and traded files over the internet, bringing home the digital files to mix and embellish in my studio.”
Listen to Frank Hannon’s version of “Blue Sky” featuring Duane Betts:
The album is currently available for pre-sale via a PledgeMusic campaign.
From One Place…To Another Vol. 1 Tracklist
- “Blue Sky” feat. Duane Betts (Dickey Betts / Allman Brothers Band)
- “Call Me The Breeze” feat. Paul Jackson of Blackberry Smoke (JJ Cale, made famous by Lynyrd Skynyrd)
- “Under The Milky Way” feat. Duane Betts (The Church)
- “Jim Dandy To the Rescue” feat. Tommy Curiale & Alyson Kimball of Johnny Winters Band (Lincoln Chase, made famous by Laverne Baker & Black Oak Arkansas)
- “You’re My Best Friend” (John Deacon made famous by QUEEN)
- “Garden Party” feat. Matthew & Gunnar Nelson (Rick Nelson)
- “SunRise” in Texas (Blackberry Smoke, Michael Tolcher)
- “I Hear Ya Knockin’” (Dave Bartholomew)
- “Joy To The World” feat. Ron Keel (Hoyt Axton)
- “Four Letter Word” (Lukas Nelson)
The broadcast schedule for this weekend’s free webcast featuring select sets from the SweetWater 420 Fest in Atlanta has been revealed.
The latest episode of ‘The JamBase Podcast’ features”The Rundown,” our first “Mailbag” segment, G. Love on the debut of “Worst Show Ever” and Eric Krasno discussing his “Musical Mentors.”
Harmonica player Hook Herrera sat-in during several parts of Gov’t Mule’s 2018 Spring Tour opening show last night in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania.
JamBase contributor Chad Berndtson shares his thoughts accompanied by Andrew Blackstein’s photos and a handful of videos from As The Crow Flies’ tour opener in Port Chester.
The Trey Anastasio Trio took the stage for the first time since 1999 on Tuesday night at the House Of Blues in Cleveland.
The Magpie Salute, featuring a trio of former The Black Crowes members, have confirmed a number of upcoming tour dates.