As reported, SiriusXM will continue a long-standing tradition by broadcasting a number of New Year’s Eve concerts both live and tape delayed. Four of those concerts will be aired via Jam ON, which can be found on channel 29. JamBase is pleased to announce the schedule for Sunday evening (New Year’s Eve) and Monday (New Year’s Day).
Jam ON Program Director Ari Fink will be live from Madison Square Garden in New York City starting at 7 p.m. ET on New Year’s Eve. The channel will then air the Phish show live from The Garden. During setbreaks, thanks to the wonders of technology, Jam ON will air portions of Widespread Panic from Atlanta My Morning Jacket in Colorado.
My Morning Jacket’s entire New Year’s Eve performance can be heard starting after the Phish show. Listeners on the East Coast can hear Phish ring in 2018 at 12 a.m. ET, while West Coast listeners will celebrate the start of 2018 with the Jacket at 12 a.m. PT. Then, on New Year’s Day, Jam ON airs The Revivalists’ hometown throwdown in New Orleans at 10 a.m. ET. Up next is Widespread Panic’s sure-to-be-epic NYE show, which airs beginning at noon ET and will be followed by a Phish replay at 4 p.m. ET and MMJ replay at 8 p.m. ET.
As a reminder, there are four more chances to hear JamBase take over Jam ON as part of the channel’s Best Of The NYE Archives.
New Year’s Eve – Sunday, December 31 (All Times ET)
- 1 p.m. ET: Andy Gadiel & ScottyB present Best Of The NYE Archives
- 7 p.m. ET: New Year’s Eve live pre-show hosted by Ari Fink @ MSG
- 8 p.m. ET: Phish LIVE @ MSG (3 sets) (Featuring set break spotlights on My Morning Jacket in Colorado and Widespread Panic in Atlanta)
- 1 a.m. ET (Technically Monday, January 1): My Morning Jacket from 1st Bank Center
New Year’s Day – Monday, January 1
- 10 a.m. ET: The Revivalists NYE Concert captured live at The Orpheum in New Orleans
- Noon ET: Widespread Panic NYE Concert captured live at the Fabulous Fox Theater in Atlanta
- 4 p.m. ET: Phish MSG NYE Encore
- 8 p.m. ET: My Morning Jacket Colorado NYE Encore
Check out a review, audio and photos from this weekend’s Freaks Ball XVII at Brooklyn Bowl.
Listen to the Jerry Garcia Band’s cover of “Evangeline” by Los Lobos from the soon-to-be-released ‘GarciaLive Volume Ten.’
Pearl Jam has confirmed their first U.S. tour dates of 2018 with the announcement of a pair of The Home Shows.
Watch Bob Weir perform four songs with Green Leaf Rustlers last night at the Sweet Water Music Hall.
The Los Angeles County Department of Medical Examiner has confirmed Tom Petty died due to an accidental overdose of prescription drugs.
Last night’s The Avett Brothers concert began with the band covering The Cranberries in tribute to Dolores O’Riordan, who passed away this week at the age of 46.