Veteran Bay Area concert photographer Bob Minkin has launched a Kickstarter campaign to help fund a new book featuring Marin County, California. The hardcover coffee table book The Music Never Stopped: Epic Live Music Photos By Bob Minkin features images from the original Sweetwater, Bob Weir’s TRI Studios, Phil Lesh’s Terrapin Crossroads, Sweetwater Music Hall and several other local venues.
Nearly 100 musicians are presented in the 200+ page book, including the members of the Grateful Dead, Hot Tuna, Steve Kimock, Chris Robinson, Jackie Greene, Lukas Nelson, Pete Sears and scores of others. The Music Never Stopped: Epic Live Music Photos By Bob Minkin will be available in a standard edition as well as an expanded collector’s edition. Here’s the breakdown between the two offerings:
- First Edition Hardcover book
- Personally signed by Bob Minkin
- 208 pages (approximately)
- Size: 9” x 12” inches
- High quality, heavy weight acid-free matte paper
- Spot varnish on the photos to make them glow.
- The Standard Edition book with alternate cover
- Limited edition of 150
- Personally signed and numbered by Bob Minkin
- Gorgeous clamshell case
- Fly Sheet
- Includes an original signed and numbered 8.5” x 11” photograph of Jerry Garcia and Phil Lesh. This print is exclusive to the Collector’s Edition, and will not be available again in this format.
Head here to contribute to the Kickstarter campaign and watch a video with more information regarding the release of Minkin’s book below:
The lineup for the eighth annual Hangtown Music Festival has been revealed.
The lineup and band configurations for this year’s Brooklyn Comes Alive have been revealed.
Famed performer Paul Simon has revealed the location of the final concert of his farewell tour.
New Hope rockers Ween confirmed a short run scheduled for October.
Rocker Jack White expanded his current world tour with the addition of a handful of September 2018 headlining dates in the U.S.
My Morning Jacket frontman Jim James will perform material from throughout his career during a solo acoustic tour in November.