Colts Owner Jim Irsay Bringing Rock Exhibition & Concert To Los Angeles In Early 2024
The event is free and open to the public with advance registration.
Owner of the NFL’s Indianapolis Colts and avid collector/philanthropist Jim Irsay is bringing The Jim Irsay Collection — a traveling museum of iconic artifacts from rock music, American history, and pop culture — to Los Angeles’ Shrine Auditorium. The free exhibition and concert, with advance registration, will take place on January 11, 2024.
While the event is free, guests are encouraged to donate to Kicking The Stigma, an initiative to raise awareness about mental health, when they register. Perofrming is The Jim Irsay Band featuring a lineup of ace musicians. Check out the impressive band below:
- Kenny Aronoff, drums (Paul McCartney, John Mellencamp, The Rolling Stones, Bob Dylan)
- Billy Branch, harmonica (three-time Grammy® nominee)
- Tom Bukovac, guitar (played on more than 700 albums with major artists)
- Mike Mills, bass & vocals (founding member of R.E.M., Rock & Roll Hall of Fame)
- Danny Nucci, guitar, saxophone & vocals (actor, Titanic, The Rock)
- Michael Ramos, keyboards (Mellencamp, Patti Griffin, Paul Simon)
- Carmella Ramsey, violin, mandolin & vocals (Reba McEntire, John Hiatt, Olivia Newton-John)
- Kenny Wayne Shepherd, guitar & vocals (five-time Grammy® nominee)
- Mike Wanchic, guitar (Mellencamp)
Special guest performers for the concert will be announced soon. Past special guest have included John Mellencamp, Steven Stills, Buddy Guy, Ann Wilson, John Fogerty, Natalie Merchant, Billy Gibbons, John Hiatt, Robert Randolph and more.
A press release detailed the collection set to go on display at L.A.’s Shrine Auditorium in January:
The collection is highlighted by instruments and items owned and used by the greatest artists in music history, including Bob Dylan, The Beatles, James Brown, Prince, Eric Clapton, Jimi Hendrix, Elton John, Johnny Cash, Jerry Garcia, Les Paul, David Gilmour, Miles Davis, Jim Morrison, Eddie Van Halen, Pete Townshend, Janis Joplin, Kurt Cobain, John Coltrane, The Edge and other icons, as well as signed photos, handwritten lyrics, and other historic music memorabilia. In 2022, Guitar Magazine highlighted his collection of guitars as “The Greatest Guitars on Earth.”
“I started this collection and tour to bring people from all walks of life together to celebrate our shared history and culture and spread positive messages of unity and inspiration throughout this country and world,” Irsay stated. “We’re excited to return to Los Angeles, the home of so much music energy and entertainment history.”
Head here to register for Jim Irsay’s free exhibition and concert in Los Angeles.