The Bad Plus Stream New Album ‘It’s Hard’
Jazz trio The Bad Plus will officially issue their new studio album It’s Hard through OKeh Records on August 26. Bassist Reid Anderson, pianist Ethan Iverson and drummer David King have made the entire album available in advance of next week’s release via NPR Music’s First Listen series.
The new 11-song full length is made up entirely of cover songs, including takes on tracks originally performed by Johnny Cash, Prince, Peter Gabriel, Kraftwerk, Ornette Coleman, TV On The Radio, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Cyndi Lauper, Crowded House and Barry Manilow. The new album was recorded earlier this year with engineer Pete Rende at Brooklyn Recording in New York City. It follows-up last year’s collaborative LP with saxophonist Joshua Redman and the trio’s 2014 studio album Inevitable Western.
Listen to It’s Hard via NPR Music below:
It’s Hard Tracklist
- Maps (Yeah Yeah Yeahs)
- Games Without Frontiers (Peter Gabriel)
- Time After Time (Cyndi Lauper)
- I Walk The Line (Johnny Cash)
- Alfombra Magica (Bill McHenry)
- The Beautiful Ones (Prince)
- Don’t Dream It’s Over (Crowded House)
- Staring At The Sun (TV on the Radio)
- Mandy (Barry Manilow)
- The Robots (Kraftwerk)
- Broken Shadows (Ornette Coleman)