The Capitol Theatre
Clearwater, FL

The Capitol Theatre has been a vital part of downtown Clearwater since its opening on March 31, 1921. The Clearwater News of March 17, 1921 described it as "one of the most beautifully finished playhouses in the South." Theater-goers were treated to a weeklong program of stars and comedians from the silent movie era as the event was kicked off with speeches from Frank Booth, then Mayor of Clearwater, and George Washburn, president of the Board of Trade. The theaters beautiful Mediterranean-Revival [More...]

Location

405 Cleveland Street
Clearwater, FL 33755
View Larger Map & Directions

Info

Rated 3.82/5
538 visitors
924 checkins
31 likes

4 Tip(s)

IDFSQ Venue IDFSQ Tip IDCreated AtTip TextLike CountUrlTodo CountUser IDFirst NameLast NameGenderPhoto PrefixPhoto SuffixCreatedModified

Movie night is fun, but jazz night left us speechless!