DISCO BISCUITS GIVE THANKS

From www.discobiscuits.com

THANKSGIVING AT THE HAMMERSTEIN!!!

The Disco Biscuits
We are excited to announce that we will be doing a Thanksgiving Holiday Bash at the Hammerstein Ballroom in NYC. The shows will take place on Friday and Saturday, November 24th and 25th, 2006.

So get ready for the bombs to drop, because we are going to let it all hang out at the Hammerstein. We are going to blow the roof off the joint and the roof is already ten stories high, so watch out!!!

The band has elevated their game to the next level, complete with mind boggling improvisation and seemingly telepathic interplay, the boys are playing at a high level of intensity, but patiently mixing it with psychedelic textures and recurring melodic themes.

Stay tuned for ticket information and make sure you get your tickets early, as the best tickets to these special holiday shows will sell extremely quickly!!!

[Published on: 7/21/06]

Comments

derreck star Fri 7/21/2006 11:19AM

derreck

Thank for all the West Coast love guys!

Death Cube K Fri 7/21/2006 11:34AM

Death Cube K

Every year I attend a family reunion on Hilton Head Island. I was considering creating some kind of excuse so I could make these shows but my 21 year old meat head cousin is just got engaged and is bringing his fionce. Can't miss that

w8n4wave starstarstarstarstar Fri 7/21/2006 11:35AM

MMMmmmmm....Biscuits & Turkey. All I need is some Gravy.

yemface Fri 7/21/2006 11:54AM

too muddy...meh

Falcor Fri 7/21/2006 12:12PM

Falcor

word is some out of the box thinkers are working on bringing the boys to the bay area for ....Spanksgiving.......so you know. there is that. cross those fingers.

wookiesgonewild star Fri 7/21/2006 12:15PM

Let's hope they don't sing. Terrible.

kimmiet319 Fri 7/21/2006 12:38PM

kimmiet319

yes, i love the disco biscuits musically. i don't so much care for their vocals either... but eiher way it's sure to be a good show.

All Loving Liberal White Guy Fri 7/21/2006 01:33PM

All Loving Liberal White Guy

i think i'll decide not to drink a red bull after i eat turkey this year and get extra tanked up on the wine and sleep through this one.

Zapzapa Fri 7/21/2006 03:02PM

Zapzapa

When Are they Going to Tour in Texas

radioboy Fri 7/21/2006 03:05PM

San Franbisco?

AmshMisfit starstarstarstarstar Fri 7/21/2006 03:20PM

AmshMisfit

This is gonna be the best thanksgiving ever!

FatChance Fri 7/21/2006 03:32PM

TDB was a band i started seeing in 99 at the wetlands in nyc and saw over 30-40 shows back in the day when things were amazing. since they couldn't get their act together for 3 years i turned to other bands...now that i just saw them Late Night at High Sierra...it was one of the best shows i have ever seen and the Biscuits are back! i am giving them another shot becuase this recent night they were on fire! Heli into I Man was rediculous....to all of those who speculate....you need to see them on this tour with their reinvigorated energy and clarity....i am very happy for them....at one point they were in better than Moe way back when.....they are on the move and i hope they leave poser transfusion bands like STS9 in the freakin dust....the drummer for STS9 is amazing, tho...but he pulls their weight. i'd love to see a TranceFusion festival with Pnuma Trio, PGroove and a few others...The Disco Biscuits need to get their asses out west....we don't get much love from them out here!

krsmall starstarstarstarstar Fri 7/21/2006 05:40PM

lovin it

Fluke828 Sat 7/22/2006 06:48AM

Fluke828

the bisco legacy continues.............as for your "trancefusion with pgroove and pnuma" yea its called CBV (or Camp Bisco 5 for all you knuckleheads out there)

mateotee starstarstarstarstar Sat 7/22/2006 07:14AM

mateotee

Yeah what is up with the Texas thing? I know tons of Bisco fans here and we're all saying the same thing. It's been worth the road trip to see em every time, but we've got some killer venues here too. Come on guys help us out here.

roberto767 Sat 7/22/2006 09:06AM

roberto767

I think the biscuits should change their name to "Rich Kids on Ecstasy that have very little singing talent." Seems a more fitting name. What do you guys think?

pheelalrights starstarstarstarstar Sat 7/22/2006 09:59AM

pheelalrights

binman1, Your humble opinion on STS9 is like a you know what, everyones got one. TDB and STS9 are two totally different bands. It may all be trance, but comparing them is nearly genre jumping. Your lack of attendance at tribe shows will leave more room for me to dance. BTW molly really impacts your mood.
namaste

totalot Sat 7/22/2006 10:19AM

Over it. Decent jams....vocals are unbearable. Have fun and try not to loose your turkey when the vocal mics are on.

jeremyshier Sat 7/22/2006 12:52PM

I think the Disco Biscuits are ridiculously sick, they are definitely one of my favourite bands, but what is up with these articles that are posted about tDB. It seems like whoever is writing them is trying to hype them up as much they can. I mean I'm sure the shows a Hammerstein are going to be sweet but you shouldn't be setting people's expectations so high, this is the jam world, you never know when a show is going to flop.

nugghupher starstarstarstarstar Sat 7/22/2006 06:14PM

Gotta love the Bisco.... Bisco and a few others stay bringin the jame acene to the northeast(NJ BABY:)
These guys can bring the Phunk like the best of them, when they lay off that trance - rave jive... + their scene at thir shows are A+, if you like to get LOOOOOSE
:) PEACE :) see ya at Hammerstein

lylais starstarstarstarstar Sat 7/22/2006 09:50PM

lylais

saw them at all good this year. a small part of my instant adoration mighta had something to do with the x, but holy christ, they kicked ass.

kcbattles Sun 7/23/2006 06:16AM

Binman1, you can't seriously think that a washed up former Phish cover band, who has reinvinted themselves in the mold that bands, specifically STS9, have already forged, is somehow better, and not "poser" than the creators of the genre. Saw them late night langerado, then conspirator late night at langerado as well, NOT IMPRESSIVE!(Conspirator was terrible!) Bisco has been riding other bands coattails since their inception, just because it's sts9 and not phish, or moe, doesn't make them on the move in new directions, they're still following someone elses roadmap. They need to go back to granola hippy, and leave exploration of new directons to bands that have the intsetinal fortitude to explore them. Of course, i'm sure Bisco will be shortly following when they have to reinvent themselves again.

whoknowswhy Sun 7/23/2006 04:05PM

STS9 > disco biscuits

jerryil starstarstarstarstar Sun 7/23/2006 10:19PM

jerryil

I though they were going to be playing the Garden! (sorry, I couldn't help myself :P )

madaeb1 star Mon 7/24/2006 07:36AM

madaeb1

Boring.

Marc1971 starstarstar Mon 7/24/2006 08:59AM

Marc1971

I'll be at moe. in Chicago...

Zarathrusta Mon 7/24/2006 11:02AM

Zarathrusta

I love TDB, I've been seeing them since the 90's but what I love more is the fact that there are so many good bands around now. Unless you live somwhere secluded where no bands ever travel to, you don't really need to go that far for good music. If your into the Trancefusion Sound but don't live near NYC I would recomend other bands like my personal favorites P-Groove and STS9. When it comes to band like TDB P-Groove and STS9 anyone who thinks any one of these bands is superior is simply too overcome by drugs and the opinions of others. If you would even consider traveling to see one of these bands while another one is playing in or close to your hometown, I suggest you wake the F up!!!

veale001 Mon 7/24/2006 12:20PM

please jeebus dont let em sing.....

gaiag starstarstar Mon 7/24/2006 02:10PM

I'm glad to see tdb still playing; cause it could've ended when sammy left! i think their new "sound" is more progessive and less noodle-jamming than previous years (and i love 98 and 99...). i think their moving in the proper direction and only look for these guys to improve as they develop a stronger relationship with Allen -- afterall, he's been a part of the band for a year...

and yeah, their singing isnt spot on, but their jamming and musical ability are. I can name a few bands(understatement) that cant play well enough to my liking but can sing very well -- but that's me. that's what i like... that's MY opinion -- you cant have your cake and eat it too people!

...and the drug comments arent necessary. you've never had a pint or smoked a spliff at a concert, regardless of the band? it's your body, intoxicate as you must. but dont bash a band because of their "scene".

safe

PhishPhan20 Mon 7/24/2006 07:12PM

decent jams?!?! umbarable vocals!?!?! what's going on here? disco biscuits are by far one of the most high energy mind blowing bands in the scene today. since when does everyone care about the vocals? bisco has terrible vocals but that is what adds to their unique style and sound. Look at Phil....does he have the greatest voice, no be we all love him. Besides, bisco's jams make up for the lack in vocal talent. And quit comparing bisco to sts9. They are intirerly different bands. its all trance but energy wise, bisco blows tribe out of the water. it takes time to like bisco, it took me a few months to even think of listening to them, but believe me, its worth it. see ya thanksgiving

Tom Kirk starstarstarstar Tue 7/25/2006 06:44AM

I love how these stories immediately turn into bashfests and 'my band is better than yours'. Grow up people.

I'll be at both shows.

Lord-K. star Tue 7/25/2006 09:39AM

Lord-K.

Bisco's music shows moments of brilliance but it also shows how molly and x and rum amuck in the scene and can create hype around bands that should not necesarilly be there. I left their set at Bonnaroo to check out common and blackalicious and I am so thankful I did

Zarathrusta Tue 7/25/2006 12:17PM

Zarathrusta

PhishPhan20 I agree with your opinion on Bisco and if I ever had to choose between seeing them or STS9, I would go to the Bisco show. I too preffer jams that peak with a strong guitar solo, but to say Bisco blows STS9 out of the water is ridiculous. At least start the comment by saying in your opinion. (for ex. in my opinion P-Groove is the sickest Fusion-Jam Band going right now)

Death Cube K Tue 7/25/2006 12:22PM

Death Cube K

disco biscuit fans are proud and passionate and people who don't follow like to kill the party. But that's just on-line. We don't see you hermits at the shows.

Greenjah starstarstarstarstar Tue 7/25/2006 05:38PM

Greenjah

Bisco rules!!!

c y'all in the city

Scotty Greene
www.the101report.com

origen Wed 7/26/2006 10:02AM

origen

Yes, clearly the Disco Biscuits are far better than either STS9 or P-Groove. This is not a my band vs. your band thing - just the truth. If all bands are equal then why not go see music 7 nights a week? Because you would lose your hearing and have no liver within one year! You can't see everything so you have to pick and choose. I choose Disco Biscuits, Moe, and The Breakfast!

Zarathrusta Thu 7/27/2006 07:56AM

Zarathrusta

Enters origen, another person who thinks their opinion is - just the truth. I guess that means your personal opinion is acually a fact, WOW. Some people just don't get it. If its not a my band is better than your band thing, then why share your "fact" with us.

PhishPhan20 Tue 8/1/2006 07:07PM

phreakshow, dont get me wrong, i love tribe. but just like you said, i would rather see bisco then tribe. keep it reel ;)

idiscojedi Wed 8/16/2006 08:07PM

It doesn't have to ever be a competition people. I feel dumber for even having brought that point up. I'll b at the Hammerstein though. There's something about the way that they're playing right now that makes my vacaton time and money disappear. I can't ignore energy like that. Have a great holiday no matter where you end up.