RAQ TO RELEASE ALBUM

Harmonized Records is pleased to announce the release of the third full-length album from Burlington, Vermont-based RAQ, entitled Ton These. With this release, RAQ have given the world another example of why they are one of rock n' roll's most relevant and capable up and coming acts. We are more than happy to share this secret with you before it gets out. Self-described as high performance rock and roll, RAQ have been steadily building an army of fans over the last five years through relentless touring and have become known for their adventurous, energetic live shows. The band's steady rise to success is attributed to their ability to captivate an audience with their energy, creativity, and passion for performing quality music. RAQ's compositions are grounded in solid song structures, but the music is malleable enough to go in infinite directions in the live setting. This is what keeps the quartet's devout following and first time listeners yearning for more as the audience is taken along on a collective journey. Each time they perform, RAQ gathers newly devoted fans with their infectious sound.

Their extensive repertoire of original compositions and eclectic selection of covers give the band the freedom to create a unique set list for every show. The music has matured with age and experience, evolving into a sound that is both retro and cutting-edge, helping RAQ connect to generations of grassroots music fans. They continue to tour relentlessly, leaving every ounce of energy they have on stage each night and delighting the senses of the most discerning rock n' roll aficionado.

Ton These ignites these senses right from the first track with the anthemic and concise "Walking in Circles." Todd Stoops adds uncompromising rhythm and texture (keyboards, organs), Jay Burwick (bass) and Greg Stukey (drums), RAQ's unstoppable rhythm section, lay the perfect backbone for Chris Michetti's note cascading, awe-inspiring, guitar playing. Tracks like "Bootch Magoo," "City Funk," and "One of These Days" will have you signing up for the Air Guitar World Championships before the last note is played. "Forget Me Not" evokes the swagger of early Ben Folds recordings. "Glimpse" will carry you down the musical roads of your memory, complete with beautiful backing vocal harmonies courtesy of Aya Inoue. Much like a live RAQ show, Ton These is a multi-dimensional listening experience. Cd hits the shelves on Tuesday September 19th.

JamBase | Vermont
Go See Live Music!

[Published on: 7/18/06]

Comments

Hop2it starstarstarstarstar Tue 7/18/2006 10:32AM

I first saw RAQ last summer and I've seen them about 6-7 times since then. They bring to the table everything I like about a band: fast moving, high-energy rock & roll that is completely original while remaining familiar. Good luck to the band with their new CD.

‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^› {¬¿¬} starstarstarstarstar Tue 7/18/2006 10:33AM

I hope its better than Carbohydrates was... Shed tech is still my favorite release.. with confuzer, and time bomb, and verde burro!!!! go RAQ!!! come to tennessee someday.
chattanooga could use you guys!!!

Death Cube K Tue 7/18/2006 11:32AM

Death Cube K

I'm not afraid to speak my mind. I don't know why I bought the last one. I'll go see them live if I have some change in the piggy bank.

HarpuaX starstarstarstarstar Tue 7/18/2006 12:26PM

THESE GUYS ROCK!!!

glad to see them getting some publicity on jambase - nobody in the "scene" deserves it more than these nice, level-headed and SUPERtalented guys.

Best of luck to them with the new album - and dont think for a second that this album will be anything short of mind blowing!

jphunk starstarstarstarstar Tue 7/18/2006 03:24PM

RAQ had me from the first time I saw them on the Sun Deck stage at Berkfest 2002, Confuzor > Havah Negilla > Confuzor literally gave me goose bumps. I've had the pleasure to see them mature as a band and amass legions of fans in the past 4 years.

Ton Theese is a much overdue release and I can't wait to see how the weeks spent in the Barn are gonna sound - RAQ n Roll!!

AngryWalrus starstarstarstarstar Tue 7/18/2006 05:35PM

These guys are ridiculous! One of the sickest imrovisational bands these days. If they're coming to your area and you're interesed in promoting them, email Tim@raqmusic.com to help with flyers and stuff (Put "Raq Street Team" in the subject). And I second the Chattanooa request!

duckswiller starstarstarstarstar Tue 7/18/2006 06:37PM

Raq needs to come back to Boulder so we can rock it.

ginnyg starstarstarstarstar Wed 7/19/2006 12:06PM

How do you spell greatness?

R-A-Q

garcia77 starstarstarstarstar Wed 7/19/2006 01:08PM

Release Party in Jersey.. tell all your friends

gonzo_ishmael starstarstarstarstar Wed 8/23/2006 11:50AM

gonzo_ishmael

Sa-weet! New album will be super sweet.

RAQ deserves all the success they earn. A great bunch of guys.

Dave28 Wed 9/20/2006 07:53PM

My band is opening for RAQ at the grog shop in cleveland ohio, all fans of a really good music and jamminess should come check audio euphoria out

dmbariola Tue 11/14/2006 06:15PM

dmbariola

im going to their show at appalachian state university nov. 16. never seen them live but from what i hear its a great show. lookin forward to it.

DELYEAH starstarstarstarstar Thu 11/16/2006 02:27PM

DELYEAH

I just saw RAQ in Columbia, SC at Headliners and they were redonkulous! The crowd was small and the venue was average, but the show was huge! It made me think of how great it is to see great bands before they become big.

‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^› {¬¿¬} starstarstar Mon 2/12/2007 06:41AM

just saw them for the first time last saturday.. a new favorite for me now.. been listening to them for 7 years, and always liked it.. now having seen my first show I am hooked.
they have great singing, lyrics, and the playing is sooooo energetic and fun!!!! peace yall...