NEW BROTHERS PAST LINEUP

Brothers Past
During the past few weeks, Brothers Past has been performing at some of the biggest festivals in the country. In many ways, our set at Bonnaroo Music Festival last Sunday marked a high point for us. It was absolutely exhilarating to watch the size of the audience swell with each passing song, until the field in front of us was teeming with people. So if you were there, if you were watching at home, or if you've tracked down a copy of the webcast of our set, thanks for listening!

After years of performing together, the band will be undergoing a metamorphosis this summer. Our drummer, Rick Lowenberg, has always been interested in law and environmental activism, and the time has finally come for him to pursue his other ambitions. We hope he finds success in his chosen career, and we know that ultimately he will go on to help make the world a better place to live in. Thank you, Rick, for the wonderful years you devoted to the band.

There are two shows remaining under the band's current lineup. On Friday, June 23, the band sets sail on the Big F'ing Boat IV in NYC for our only full two-set performance of the summer. Tickets are still available, but going fast. This will obviously be a historic show. We are also pleased to announce another big show to end the first half of 2006. On Wednesday, June 28, Brothers Past will open for the Dave Matthews Band on the second stage, at the Tweeter Center in Camden, NJ. Our set begins when the doors open at 6 PM, and it will run approximately an hour. Gomez will follow, before the headliner, on the main stage.

July begins a new era for the band and we are very excited about the future. On July 13, at All Good Festival, Ilya Stemkovsky will make his debut as Brothers Past's new drummer. The band is thrilled about finding a player of his caliber and commitment available. Ilya is a well-accomplished, powerful drummer, who was the driving force behind the OM Trio. He's been hard at work learning the band's music, and after playing with him, there is plenty of reason for optimism and the chemistry was apparent. All Good promises to be an evening to ring in the new, and there is more in store. In keeping with the spirit of the night, we will be performing a second, specially-themed Radiohead/Pink Floyd set, in between performances of Radiodread and Dub Side of the Moon. We look forward to seeing all our friends and fans there on this exciting night.

JamBase | Worldwide
Go See Live Music!

[Published on: 6/22/06]

Comments

The Glick starstarstarstarstar Thu 6/22/2006 12:07PM

The Glick

I can't wait to hear the Brother's Past sound with Ilya on the kit. I'm happy he's back in the music scene and on top of that he's in with a good band. BP it's time to record some new music and then national tour with the new drummer! Good luck to you Rick!

nfenne starstarstarstarstar Thu 6/22/2006 12:10PM

nfenne

Illya is the man! I can't wait to them at All Good!

Road To Shambala Thu 6/22/2006 12:18PM

Road To Shambala

Cool. Good to see ILL-YA back in the mix. I miss OM. Best of luck to all.

Permalot Thu 6/22/2006 01:05PM

Permalot

What's with all these trance drummers becoming doctors and lawyers. First Sammy and now this. Fuck the establishment. Rock out with your cock out- My Motto 4 Life!

Death Cube K starstarstar Thu 6/22/2006 01:56PM

Death Cube K

I didn't give my first Brothers Past show a thumbs up. The second, under the influence, I enjoyed it very much. Other than three songs I think the band has some exploring to do. Saw them at roo and it was very predictable what they were going to play. That takes all the fun out of it for me.

Greatwaves Thu 6/22/2006 02:27PM

Greatwaves

P I M P.... cant wait til all good
seeya all there

drumgod starstarstar Thu 6/22/2006 09:59PM

Don't hate on Rick or Sammy for wanting to do somthing different. I happen to know Rick is A Rediculouse jazz guitar player, cuz he teaches at a local music store here in my hometown, and he sat in with my band on guitar in philly. so maybe he'll do somthing with that.I wish Him and Sammy all the luck with their new carrers.

bottlecap Fri 6/23/2006 07:54AM

bottlecap

Thank you Rick!!! There is definitely no replacing you. In my opinion, you are one of the best in the business. I wish you the best of luck in all your future endeavors. It won't be the same without you.

2007 Healthy Doses Tour here i come, woo hoo!!!!

dedhed6111 Fri 6/23/2006 12:37PM

dedhed6111

One of my favorite bands of all time. I'm going to miss Rick, not only because of his transcendent drumming, but because he always had a smile for his fans and was interested in talking to everybody, not just the hot chicks. You will be missed Rick, good luck in your future evdeavors. It takes a lot to fill these shoes, but from what I've heard ths Ilya character has the ability. I'm looking forward to the new BP, but mourning the loss of the old. Everything must go

sativansam Fri 6/23/2006 01:41PM

I can't wait to see my hometown boys at All Good!! I have known these boys for so long... It will be great to see how Ilya will flow with the three original fantastics.
I miss my BP!!! It was so awesome to see you all in L.A. (sorry I got lifted and had to roll early..)
See ya on my birthday again this year with Ilya in tow!!!
I love you guys!
Love Always, Sammy Huddy

peaton Fri 6/23/2006 02:40PM

peaton

I've seen Om a couple times and I wasn't too impressed. They were all extremely talented musicians, but their jams weren't too great and they didn't mesh well. I hope it works out better with BP. cuz Illya is a pretty sick drummer.

totalot starstar Sat 6/24/2006 10:59AM

Well I was not impressed with the OM Trio in the least bit and have never been impressed with Brother's Past in the least bit. Maybe its a good match? Also, lead singer dude from Brother's Past is likely the the most into himself person I have ever met....on all occassions I have met him. I think that is in a big way why the band is who they are....good and bad.

skinny2 Sat 6/24/2006 12:56PM

hell yea sounds sweet, allgood is gonna be sick dub side is gonna be awesome

bassdrum200 star Sat 6/24/2006 07:31PM

bassdrum200

wow its official. these guys do nothing but rip on bisco.

fluff626 Sat 6/24/2006 07:50PM

i have a feeling this wont be the only change this summer amongst some of our favorite bands on this site....

EVILFUNK starstarstarstarstar Sun 6/25/2006 07:17AM

EVILFUNK

permalot...we should pay them better. now put that thing away!

BiscuitBum star Sun 6/25/2006 09:01AM

BiscuitBum

Ilya should stick with om.... BP dissapoints me everytime I've ever seen them..

munson82 Mon 6/26/2006 10:18AM

To reinforce and add my sentiments to everyone else's, Rick I will miss you both on stage and off as a wonderful drummer, a good friend, and a great partner in all sorts of nefarious crimes ("whiskey and college girls" Virginia '05- your welcome). No idea about the new guy but I hope for and expect the best from my friends in Philly. See you somewhere down the road Rick-- it's been a pleasure
Munson

FESTiFull starstarstarstar Mon 6/26/2006 06:48PM

The Bonnaroo show was great. The songs were only predictable because they were playing one of their biggest and most important shows, Jets19rule. They were on the 2nd biggest stage at the festival, Buddy Guy played that stage. The songs were shorter and more consise. Monsters Come Out At Night was sick, as was Leave the Light On.
I've been to shows years ago where Tom Hamilton would joke about Rick leaving the band to go to lawschool. Glad to see him pursuing his dreams. He is an INSANE drummer and guitar player as well. Things are only going to get better for the band. I see them going very far.

turn Sat 7/1/2006 04:40PM

Wow bassdrum, no better way to show you have no musical credibility with garbage post like that. Anyway, Good luck Rick. I definitely enjoyed the beats. Looking forward to a new era with Ilya. Should be exciting.