ROGER WATERS DARK SIDE

Roger Waters
After weeks of speculation Roger Waters has announced a string of North American tour dates. Waters will be performing Pink Floyd's classic 1973 album Dark Side of the Moon in its entirety.

The North American tour, Waters' first since 2002, will begin on September 6 at PNC Bank Arts Center in Holmdel, N.J. and will travel across country primarily hitting outdoor amphitheatres.

The band will include longtime sidemen Andy Fairweather Low and Snowy White on guitar, drummer Graham Broad, Dave Kilminster on guitar and vocals, Jon Carin on keyboards, Ian Ritchie on saxophone, Katie Kissoon, PP Arnold and Carol Kenyon on background vocals, and Waters' son Harry Waters on Hammond organ.

CURRENT ROGER WATERS TOUR DATES
10.03 | Cricket Pavilion | Phoenix, AZ
10.05 | Hollywood Bowl | Los Angeles, CA
10.08 | Theatre Under The Stars @ Hard Rock | Las Vegas, NV
10.10 | Shoreline Amphitheatre | Mountain View, CA
10.12 | KeyArena at Seattle Center | Seattle, WA

[Published on: 4/26/06]

Comments

philsy77 starstarstarstarstar Wed 4/26/2006 10:35AM

YES I CANT WAIT TILL MY B-DAY SHOW IN CLEVELAND ON THE 27TH!!!!

jellyphish starstarstarstarstar Wed 4/26/2006 10:35AM

im very psyched about this tour and grateful to have a chance to see Roger, but after seeing Gilmour ... I don't know what to think. I mean i'll def. try to get tix but I wish they would just get back together as PINK FLOYD cuz this is kinda rediculous. Oh well this is ROGER WATERS so I can't complain. Maybe he'll play careful with that axe Eugene, wonder if he can still do that wild scream thing.

citrusmonster starstarstarstarstar Wed 4/26/2006 11:09AM

citrusmonster

this is waters album... he wrote every lyric and note.... its not about who's the better artist, its about the triangle and having someone actually from pink floyd play it... i went and saw the Easy Star All-Stars play dub side of the moon at the knitting factory in new york and it wasnt about who in their band is better... it was a sweet new twist on an old time fav. DARKSIDE IS THE BEST REGAURDLESS

mca8608 Wed 4/26/2006 11:21AM

actually waters didn't write every note.....other members in pink floyd were actually talented as well, citrusmonster

Rettler Wed 4/26/2006 11:32AM

roger wright, dave gilmour, nick mason, and waters will never play on teh same stage again. i'm sure gilmour was great but this will be as close to an actual floyd show as we'll probably ever get. been listenign to floyd since i was 8 and wouldn't gvie this shot up for a cheese run.

Bylimb Wed 4/26/2006 12:26PM

Bylimb

Hey Rettler, who's Roger Wright?..and what is a cheese run?
Gilmour is the man...nuff said. He did some sick shit when he was here in the U.S. ECHOES, FAT OLD SUN, WHOT'S UH THE DEAL...ARNOLD LANE!!!!! I'll probably go see a show though.Waters is still the mad man of all mad men. He's gotta put out though. He should bust out an acoustic set of If, San Tropez and Mother. Since he's been composing stuff lately, how about an orchestrated Atom Heart Mother??? Blow our minds Roger...BLOW OUR MINDS!!!!!!!

koss Wed 4/26/2006 01:39PM

koss

Who is Roger Waters my lost friend asks....one of the original members of the greatest rock band on earth.
This reminds me of 1987....you could catch the Gilmour floyd and see Waters in the same year.
It High Time for Floyd Freaks!!!!!!!
Sweet...........

illgroove starstarstarstarstar Wed 4/26/2006 02:14PM

Gotta get to IL to catch this... I too am for a PF reunion (as are a lot of other people)... I just don't ever see that happening.

BigMidge starstarstarstar Thu 4/27/2006 06:19AM

BigMidge

For a Floyd to happen reunion, we're pretty much beat. Gilmour and Waters still don't really communicate. But I'm sure Waters will execute Dark Side perfectly. Gilmour was fucking insane by himself so Waters will definetly domminate.

Rettler Thu 4/27/2006 09:37AM

good eye, rick wright was what i was looking for. chicago will be where i'm venturing.some atom heart would be crazy. personally a huge animals so a dogs and pigs would be my highlight. string cheese incident is what i ment by a cheese run. oh yeah, cheese, release your summer tour already,

stiff Thu 4/27/2006 10:32AM

I could not disagree more with angelog's assertion that Gilmour blows Waters away (other way around). Waters was and is the tortured genius behind Floyd (let's leave Syd out for discussion's sake).

Bylimb Thu 4/27/2006 11:58AM

Bylimb

Hey Rettler, I knew you meant Rick Wright, just thought I'd bust some chops...And after I posted, I realized you meant SCI when you wrote about a cheese run. And don't worry Koss, I know who Roger Waters is, but i'm not sure if HE knows who he is....There's someone in my head, but it's not me....

roberto767 starstarstarstarstar Thu 4/27/2006 01:32PM

roberto767

This is going to be a sweet freaking show no doubt... However I just saw Gilmour on Thursday in L.A. and I was absolutely blown away. GILMOUR IS THE MAN. It's understood that Waters wrote Dark Side of the Moon, but the tone from Gilmour's guitar is not easily reproduced. Don't get me wrong. I'm not knocking Waters (I've never seen him live)...but Waters is going to have to kick some serious ass to top the Gilmour show I witnessed.

ron12345 Sat 4/29/2006 07:50PM

1st stop at the PNC Bank Arts Center? hahahahahahahah
Money!!!!!

matthiasf starstarstar Fri 5/5/2006 02:19PM

eh....kind of disappointing to me....I wore the shit out of Dark Side of the Moon in college, don't really want to hear it again. Why doesn't he just TOUR and choose a setlist nightly from his ENTIRE catalog?

Its great that he's touring though.

bigsexy2469 starstarstar Wed 6/21/2006 01:53PM

I saw Waters live at The Gorge in George, WA. The only time I have EVER seen an artist buzz the crowd with a jumbo jet! Sweet show, can't wait to see him indoors.