CROWES FLY WITH TRUCKERS

THE BLACK CROWES ANNOUNCE MAJOR SUMMER TOUR WITH SPECIAL GUESTS
ROBERT RANDOLPH & THE FAMILY BAND AND DRIVE-BY TRUCKERS
NINE-WEEK TREK ROLLS OUT JUNE 10 IN SEATTLE

The Black Crowes
On the heels of CHRIS and RICH ROBINSON's three sold-out nights of acoustic performances in New York City to ecstatic fans and lengthy standing ovations, THE BLACK CROWES have announced a major summer headlining tour with their special guests Robert Randolph & The Family Band and Drive-By Truckers. Launching June 10 in Seattle, the nine-week trek will visit mostly sheds--including Jones Beach (New York), PNC Bank (New Jersey), Shoreline (San Francisco), Tweeter Center (Boston) and Cynthia Woods (Houston)--as it criss-crosses the U.S. into mid-August.

Each night of CHRIS and RICH's "Brothers Of A Feather: An Acoustic Evening With Chris & Rich Robinson of The Black Crowes" has sold out within minutes after going on sale. The two-week trek--which marks the first time the brothers have ever performed full-length acoustic sets in their 16-year career--concludes April 26 in Los Angeles after a three-night stand at The Roxy. While in New York, CHRIS and RICH performed at three different venues: Warsaw, Rose Theater @ Jazz at Lincoln Center and Town Hall.

"'Brothers of a Feather' is certainly a sight to behold and a sound to endear. Although there are only eleven dates booked for the tour, if Friday's show is any indication, they will go down in rock and roll history as some of the greatest performances ever played," reports the Stony Brook Independent (4/15/06) about the brothers' show at Rose Theater @ Jazz at Lincoln Center.

Meanwhile, the band's first-ever DVD FREAK 'N' ROLL...INTO THE FOG roared out of the box, debuting at #2 on Billboard's Music Video chart. A film crew captured THE BLACK CROWES performing five sold-out nights at San Francisco's historic Fillmore Auditorium in August 2005. Writing in the SAN FRANCISCO CHRONICLE about one of the shows, Joel Selvin noted that "The Black Crowes never sounded better than it did Saturday at the Fillmore Auditorium, the peak performance of a sold-out five-night run...(the band) definitely staked a claim in these Fillmore shows as one of the last of the classic rock bands" (8/8/05).

Since reuniting and re-connecting with their loyal fans last year, THE BLACK CROWES have been performing what some called "the best shows of their career." While they achieved a career watermark by headlining their New Year's Eve show at Madison Square Garden, the band--Chris (vocals), Rich (guitars), Marc Ford (guitars), Eddie Hawrysch (keyboards), Sven Pipien (bass) and Steve Gorman (drums)--also played seven sold-out shows at New York City's Hammerstein Ballroom, performed five-nights at the Henry Fonda Theatre in Los Angeles and were headliners at three of the most prestigious festivals in America (New Orleans Jazz and Heritage Festival, Bonnaroo, and Austin City Limits Festival). Summing up the allure of THE BLACK CROWES' concert experience, Mikael Wood of The Village Voice (12/28/05) said the band "remain one of rock's best live acts, as hard-grooving as during their heyday and caked with an extra layer of rambling-man soulfulness."

Look for Pre-Sale information on www.blackcrowes.com.

THE BLACK CROWES with Robert Randolph & The Family Band and Drive-By Truckers summer tour dates (unless otherwise noted):

"*" indicates shows that go on sale Saturday, April 22
"**"indicates show that goes on sale Sunday, April 23

*6.10 Seattle, WA | White River Amphitheatre
*6.11 Ridgefield, WA (Portland) | Clark County Amphitheatre
*6.13 Sacramento, CA | Sleep Train Amphitheatre
6.14 Los Angeles, CA | TBA
6.16 Las Vegas, NV | The Joint (TBC only)
6.17 San Diego, CA | Concerts in the Park
**6.18 San Francisco, CA | Shoreline Amphitheatre
6.23 St. Louis, MO | UMB Bank Pavilion
6.24 Chicago, IL | Charter One Pavilion @ Northerly Island
6.25 Pittsburgh, PA | Chevrolet Amphitheatre
6.27 Nashville, TN | Amsouth Amphitheatre (TBC & D-BT only)
6.28 Birmingham, AL | Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre
6.30 Dallas, TX | Smirnoff Amphitheatre
7.01 San Antonio, TX | Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre
7.02 Houston, TX | Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion
7.03 Austin, TX | The Backyard
7.06 Atlanta, GA | HiFi Buys Amphitheatre
7.07 Tampa, FL | Ford Amphitheatre
7.08 West Palm Beach, FL | Sound Advice Amphitheatre
7.11 Charlotte, NC | Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre
7.12 Raleigh, NC | Alltel Pavilion @ Walnut Creek
7.14 Virginia Beach, VA | Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre
7.15 Masontown, WV | Allgood Music Festival (TBC only)
7.18 Uncasville, CT | Mohegan Sun Arena
7.19 Wantagh, NY | Tommy Hilfiger @ Jones Beach
7.21 Camden, NJ (Philadelphia) | Tweeter Waterfront
7.22 Holmdel, NJ | PNC Bank Arts Center
7.23 Boston, MA | Tweeter Center
7.25 Darien Center, NY | Darien Lakes Amphitheatre
7.26 Detroit, MI | DTE Energy Music Theater
7.28 Cleveland, OH | Tower City Amphitheatre
7.29 Scranton, PA | Toyota Pavilion
7.30 Saratoga Springs, NY | SPAC
8.01 Columbus, OH | TBA
8.03 Milwaukee, WI | Marcus Amphitheatre
8.04 Indianapolis, IN | Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre
8.08 Sturgis, SD | Rockin' the Ralley (TBC only)
8.11 Billings, MT | Magic City Blues Festival (TBC only)
8.12 Denver, CO | Red Rocks Amphitheatre

[Published on: 4/18/06]

Comments

The Glick Tue 4/18/2006 01:11PM

The Glick

**6.18 San Francisco, CA | Shoreline Amphitheatre

I wonder how they do at a venue this large?

Dave Tue 4/18/2006 02:16PM

Glick..it's Sher. What's up dude?

To answer your ?: I saw them at Merriwether with Tom Petty last summer and the sounds they put out filled the pavillion no problem. In fact, I think they'll step it up for this tour...I heard NYC acoustic was SICK!!!!

Talk soon...

pgeano Tue 4/18/2006 03:41PM

WOW!!!!!!!!! This is it: tour of the year!

spearheadkid101 star Tue 4/18/2006 03:47PM

since when were the black crowes so cool. what happend to a big summer classic or wsp east coast tour or trey tour basically the dead needs to come back and put this bullshit behing us

xilz Tue 4/18/2006 04:08PM

xilz

i hearya spearhead, big summer last year was the ill nasty

rpmills Tue 4/18/2006 04:10PM

Yo spearheadkid don't keep your hopes up for a Dead tour b/c the closet thing you'll get to that this summer will be Phil. But I do agree with your sentiment. Black Crowes are ok; but are in no way gonna put out the tour of the year. Sorry pgeano, try again.

moephishH2O star Tue 4/18/2006 05:27PM

moephishH2O

Geez...thanks for giving Oregon some love.......

Chaloupka starstarstarstarstar Tue 4/18/2006 05:31PM

Chaloupka

I think this tour sounds fucking amazing! I WILL NOT miss that Red Rocks show!

JDMethod starstarstarstarstar Tue 4/18/2006 06:57PM

This will be the tour of the year, and anyone who doesnt think so doesnt like real music. I wish people loved real rock n roll again like the 70's but instead we got a bunch of wannbee's clogging up the world listening to string cheese its real funny.

jerryil starstarstarstarstar Tue 4/18/2006 09:25PM

jerryil

"Since when were the Black Crowes so cool?" Since the early 90's my young friend. Quite frankly, I'm getting tired of Michael Franti singing the same damn songs every time I see him! Sorry Michael, I love you, but it's true.

biscolives1 starstarstarstar Wed 4/19/2006 05:38AM

Isn't Ridgefield practically in Oregon?

Nice looking tour. They should check out nTelos in Portsmouth, VA sometime.

moeron12 starstarstarstar Wed 4/19/2006 08:33AM

Yeah, I don't know if I'd call it the tour of the year, but a black crowe-robert randolph combo is kickass

JP22 Wed 4/19/2006 08:40AM

Hey spearheadkid101, a trey tour? Have you heard Shine? My 10 year old sister has that cd right next to kelly clarkson in her cd case. Besides the truckers and randolph with the crowes should be well worth the price of admission.

byrnenugs starstarstar Wed 4/19/2006 08:51AM

drive by truckers and robert randolph make this tour

illgroove starstarstarstar Wed 4/19/2006 09:37AM

Hyped that they're coming through MKE...

pgeano Wed 4/19/2006 03:10PM

Tour of the Year. That's right, I said it.
Yes, last year's SCI with Umphrey's and New Monsoon was an incredible experience at Red Rocks, and from what I've heard the rest of the tour was great, too. And if they suddenly decide to do it again, you can count me in. But that was last year. This will be the 2006 tour of the year.

2T starstarstarstarstar Wed 4/19/2006 07:46PM

It will be just fine, I hope as long as the grass speakers have been remedied. Just like the Further Festivals were. Come see me at the Information Booth, Shoreline Amp.,Ca Looking forward to seeing all you Croweheads there, that is if I decide to work instead of play!!

spearheadkid101 Wed 4/19/2006 08:26PM

first off this will not be the tour of the year. Widespread panic west coast will be the tour of the year or if bisco does a summer tour.The black crowes are weak and no way compare to any of the music out there. If anyone is looking for something funky and new check out the pnuma trio. Panic and bisco this weekend in nc is ganna be the flamethrower.

Emo Thu 4/20/2006 05:30AM

Tour of the Year? I love Robert, but come on he has been playing the same set for 5 years. The Crowes aren't that good. I noticed that sometimes during Phil's last tour Robinsons Guitar wasn't even plugged in, yet he was wailing on it. The Allman's tour Is looking like the best bet, but I am sure Warren is taking the Mule out on something fun in July while Derrick is in Europe. SCI hasn't even announced anything past 10K lakes and red rocks.... I don't believe that this could even come close to being more than a pleasant time.

dedhed6111 starstarstarstarstar Thu 4/20/2006 10:10AM

dedhed6111

You, my friend, need to get over the the bs and put it behind you. The Dead are dead, trey sucks now and this is without a doubt SO FAR the tour of the year. crowes, randolph, and the mother f'ing DBT. Many heads will be thoroughly rocked

thundrrwerm starstarstarstarstar Thu 4/20/2006 10:42AM

!!!!!TOUR OF THE YEAR!!!!!
all of you that think RRFB or the Truckers is going to out play the crowes is A FUCKING IDIOT, if you dont beleive me listen to the bonnaroo set from last year it was the absolut best show the whole weekend, just cause they rock a little harder all you stupid hippies blow them off and their shows are better than WSP, New Dead, Trey, and all that other old hippie BS take a step up and GO!!
!!!!TOUR OF THE YEAR!!!!

-werm

Chaloupka Thu 4/20/2006 11:01AM

Chaloupka

Just got tix to the Crowes show in Des Moines @ the Val Air Ballroom on May 21st. I'm suprised it wasn't sold out yet. Its gunna be a great show!

LewisIsGood starstarstarstarstar Fri 4/21/2006 06:15AM

dammit i am out of town for the austin show! that seems to happen a lot.

dammit.

dedhed6111 Sat 4/22/2006 11:38AM

dedhed6111

I don't expect this to be posted, but i am quite disheartened by the fact that you allowed thundrwerm?'s posting to reach the board. I know for a fact that you have stopped blatant profanity and name-calling on many different occasions, and with good reason, we are all adults and its better to discuss things than by calling people "fucking idiots". I myself tend to disagree, even get angry at others comments, but I think we can agree that I know how to use my tact. I would appreciate it if the editors didn't allow such blatant profanity, name-calling, and exacerbation. after all, I got edited because i said somebody said something "douchey" and it got changed to ridiculous. I was not upset, it's al in the spirit of keeping things fair. bad taste on his part and a slight misstep on yours

green024 starstarstarstarstar Sat 4/22/2006 04:10PM

fuck all yall, i'll go see a real rock show and see UM, (j/K), this tour will be fuckin sick!!!!

finkle Mon 4/24/2006 08:35AM

I agree the black crowes are pretty weak. I went and saw petty and the black crowes at deer creek a few years back and petty fucking rocked and then the black crowes (supposed headliner) came out and after two songs we left cause it was boring as hell.

Rebacreates star Mon 4/24/2006 01:25PM

Why would you guys put Drive by Truckers in the heading of this article and not RRFB? That makes no sense to me?

thundrrwerm starstarstarstarstar Tue 4/25/2006 11:22AM

are peaple really taking me seriously,sorry i didnt think anyone would get their feelings hurt by an internet message board,

-werm

dedhed6111 Wed 4/26/2006 11:48AM

dedhed6111

to quote bender: "feelings are dumb and should be hated" nobody got their feelings hurt, friend, it's just that there was a time on this board when people weren't allowed to say the things you said, and that seems to have changed. calling people fucking idiots only leads to one path - negativity. and while in the spirit of open discussion some people are certain to take a negative feeling away with him, it's just kinder to keep your opinions and quotes respectful of all involved, including the many younger children that we apparently have on jambase these days.

htvt2004 Tue 5/2/2006 07:20AM

I only hope that all those people who say that the Crowes aren't that good have only heard their albums. I have been collecting their live shows since last year when they came to Pensacola to do a bullshit brought-to-you-by-Miller-Lite street festival, and they didn't even headline, some MTV prodigy did. Anyway, they have truely stepped it up and learned how to stretch out their tunes without losing control. They can be soulful and somber and down right nasty. Please don't base your opinion of the band on Shake Your Money Maker. I don't base my opinion of Phish on Picture of Necter. I base it off of my live experiences which are much better than any album can do justice to. The Crowes could be the four minute radio hit puppet boys that many bands from the 90s turned out to be, but they have made leaps and bounds in their creative noodling. My wife's boss was at that Pcola show and said he hated the fact that they jammed out five or six songs past the 10 minute mark. He wanted to hear radio cuts. I laughed and told him that the next time he wanted to see a band take the CD with him. When they start to play a song, click over to that track and rock out with your headphones on. BTW, if you seen RR more than twice you know what to expect. Don't hate on those kids who've only ever seen him on the Bonnaroo DVDs. They are in for surefire good time. I just wanna hear that pedal steel on Remedy or Hard to Handle. Who's goin to Hotlanta?

Mightyquinn starstarstarstar Thu 5/4/2006 02:55PM

Crowes represent a world that some of these younger cats don't understand. Kids who like the Disco Biscuits and who want to hear Trey play "Sand" for 35 minutes are out of touch with the world of just straight up, balls ass, mother fuckin rock and roll. It scares them, so they eat ecstacy and spin in circles for hours at a time. The Black Crowes rock. Saw two shows last year, the first warm up show at Higher Ground, and their set opening for Petty at SPAC. HIgher Ground was pretty rusty to say the least, and it was definitely the loudest thing I have ever heard in my entire goddamn life, but it still was rockin, and everybody, including everyone in the band, was having a blast man. And it's about having a few beers, getting a little red, screaming real loud, buying ladies shots, and just embracing the night with your fellow bretheren. So all I'm saying is if you really don't think you like that band, throw away your preconceptions, and give em a goddamn try because their friggin' fun as all fuck! Y'all gotta stop fussin and feudin in dis here fancy cyber universe y'all got goins on. One.

thundrrwerm starstarstarstarstar Tue 5/9/2006 12:46PM

Aside from my previous statement these shows are going to rock the house and if they lose tour of the year to Phil, and Trey this scene is only goin downhill, see ya at tower city!

Putnameter starstarstarstarstar Wed 5/10/2006 12:28PM

Putnameter

I am excited beyond words! I fucking love the TRuckers and I cant wait to see them jame before the Crowes audience! I am more of a DBT fan than Black Crowes but I cannot wait for the VA Beach sow cya there!