SUMMER CAMP LINE-UP

March 30, 2006 (Urbana, IL) – Jam Productions and Jay Goldberg Events and Entertainment are pleased to announce the dates and partial line-up for the Summer Camp 2006 Music Festival. This year's festival will be held on May 26, 27 & 28 at Three Sisters Park in Chillicothe, Illinois.

This is the sixth installment of the Summer Camp Music Festival! This year's festival will feature over 40 bands on three stages, late night shows, onsite camping, unique vendors, great food and lots of good beer! Plus all the fun and friends you've come to expect from Summer Camp!

Artists confirmed for Summer Camp 2006, include:

moe. (3 nights!)
Umphrey's McGee (2 nights!)
Keller Williams
Yonder Mountain String Band
Rusted Root
The Disco Biscuits
Andrew Bird
Honkytonk Homeslice feat. Billy Nershi of SCI
Zilla feat. Michael Travis of SCI
Oteil & the Peacemakers
New Monsoon
Apollo Sunshine
Vince Herman formerly of Leftover Salmon
Tea Leaf Green
Groovatron
ALO (Animal Liberation Orchestra)
RAQ
Gran Bel Fisher
U-Melt
Brain Child
Waterstreet
Garbage Mountain
Rochness Monster

Advance tickets available now by phone at 1-800-514-ETIX, all Ticketmaster outlets, or print your tickets at home on-line at www.jaytv.com! Tickets will be $100 thru 4/20, $115 thru 5/25 and $125 at the gate.

For more information on vending, volunteering or the festival in general, please check out: www.summercampfestival.com

Jay Goldberg Events & Entertainment is an event production company established in 1971 to produce and promote concerts and special events. For more information, please check us out at www.jaytv.com!

[Published on: 3/30/06]

Comments

Lord-K. starstarstarstarstar Thu 3/30/2006 10:44AM

Lord-K.

The vibes are always excellent at this festie and the lineup keeps getting better every year. Not to be missed.

coochhead Thu 3/30/2006 11:07AM

this place is straight up nasty. This year we got the bisco so watch out!!!

phishmin4 starstarstar Thu 3/30/2006 12:21PM

phishmin4

this 1 is ok BUT no park and camp BACKYARD TIRE FIRE

fukthe50please Thu 3/30/2006 12:34PM

cant wait 4 the berry and kang. cant wait 2 see what they picked up in africa

klowe17 starstarstarstarstar Thu 3/30/2006 12:35PM

Festival of the year

Alex.Anastas starstarstar Thu 3/30/2006 03:15PM

Alex.Anastas

I don't know...

Little pricey for this lineup, but the vibes have got to be better here than All Good and add STS9 amnd the peeps will come.
I say Wakarusa, 'Roo, and 10,000.
Best bet

YodaG starstarstarstarstar Thu 3/30/2006 03:45PM

YodaG

Looks like a great time to me.

chillyribs Thu 3/30/2006 04:57PM

The lineup looks gravy. The only issue is the venue. They've been stipplers about bringing liquor in past years, plus no park and camp. No liquor at a festival!? WTF?

gotgameplan starstarstarstar Thu 3/30/2006 11:57PM

last year the guy at the gate saw my beer and let me through and the guys I camped with were loaded down with liquor. Just somewhat hide it or put it at the bottom of the cooler (that's what you're supposed to do to keep it cold anyway.)This is my favorite fest with the best of vibes and my boys, moe.

Adam T.s. Fri 3/31/2006 06:11AM

Adam T.s.

No park and camp? Onsite camping is included. Good enough.

Marc1971 starstarstarstarstar Fri 3/31/2006 07:36AM

Marc1971

please don't come. I'd like to keep the best way to kick off the summer festival season a chilled event...

echo tribe Fri 3/31/2006 09:00AM

Summer camp is the worst festival all year. $24.00 12 packs should be all I need to say. Line up is good but the dirt and dust of the main stage makes it no fun to be at. Trust me when I say you should save your money and see the bands you like at there own shows. The people who run this event need to go the high sierra music fest to see how it should be done. At the end of the event they dont let you bring your car in to pick up your stuff, for no good reason as far as I can tell. And the shower situation is the worst i've ever seen. TRUST ME, SAVE YOUR MONEY!!!

Rebacreates starstarstarstarstar Fri 3/31/2006 02:58PM

This will be my 4th year in a row attending Summercamp, and i must say, its the best festival out there. The fact that there is primitive camping is amazing. Last year i was able to grill by my campsite, away from cars, and watch Moe. Wooten Umphreys and a junk load of other amazing bands at the same time. Aside from a sick lineup, camping in the forest next to all the stages makes for a great time. This is the most intimate festival out there where you're still able to see huge bands. The vibe is amazing and Jay Goldberg/The Canopy are awesome for keeping Summercamp alive. See you there!

I cant wait...

mrbrownstone419 Fri 3/31/2006 03:12PM

mrbrownstone419

i agree they could learn a few things by going to high sierra but if you saved your money to go see these bands individually then you'd pay out the ass. to me high sierra has the best vibes, wakarusa has the best line up and summercamp is an up and comer. some advice: save your back, bring a wagon.

funkengroove2 Fri 3/31/2006 08:39PM

SUMMERCAMP IS rippin'. moe, UM, yonder...alone....toss tea leaf, the biscuits...rusted root, keller into the mix with some good microbrews. see ya there! if you jumped on the early bird tix...your lookin at 90 bucks for 3 days!

baits420 starstarstarstarstar Sat 4/1/2006 12:12PM

Summercamp is by far the dankest festival of the year. This line-up is just rediculous. Look for biscuits to rage and long live the UMPH!!!! late night UM in the barn will melt your soul
dankest place of all time

ladymoe starstarstarstarstar Sat 4/1/2006 08:29PM

I love this festival. I can't wait for this year. Big sky, beautiful people. Camping without your car is the best camping all the way!! Thus the title = Summer CAMP!! Any other way would be obsurd.

brandonsworth starstarstarstarstar Sun 4/2/2006 04:07PM

Don't listen to Travis1999. This is a great festival. If you went to see every decent band on this lineup one their own as he suggests, you'd spend a lot more money. Sure you're not supposed to bring beer in, but you'd have to be braindead to not figure out how to get it in. If you don't bring your own, they have a great beer selection and $24.00 a twelvepack is cheaper than you'll pay at any other venue any of these bands play. And there is a good reason you can't bring your car in - this festival is in a park on a very nice piece of land and a lot of parks these days have gotten smart and realized that allowing cars in the woods and camping area defeats the point of camping.

CaptRedBeard Sun 4/2/2006 06:11PM

i've never raged so hard in all my life as i did on my 2nd visit to summercamp last year, its been nearly a year now and i still think about it nearly every day. kelly and josh bros if you read this and have my number give me a call. i can't wait to see my raged raveged crushed camper and go find my 1/4 barrel inside. gotta get the deposit player. this is all babble but moe is so hit or miss especially when its inside vs. outside, but they knock this place out... GIVE US THE SCHEDULE

RedHeaven starstar Mon 4/3/2006 12:00PM

RedHeaven

I went to Summercamp last year. All in all, it was a decent "rockn-nRoll" campout. moe. was wonderful, and the bands were great. I thought the location and camping and ampitheater were all really nice.
However, I found this festival to be a bit BORING after experiencing festivals like Hornings Hideout and High Sierra for years. It matched up as just a good ole campout compared to other festivals. The late nites lacked energy and particiaption, and seemed to be "burn out " sessions after the night of the "real deal" Other festivals make the late nites "the show", people really dress up for the occaision, and people seem more involved. West coast fests in my experience are more colorful all around in general, and are friendlier.
The trash problem and balloon litter alone was a huge turn off, maybe Im a california yuppie ass punk, or may be i just like my festivals to be much more than just shows and camping. Though summercamp came thru with some fun fire dancing and eclectic music, I felt the overall energy to be low and burned out a bit around the edges. If I was local or even just in the midwest, this seems like a great festival to get your crew together and have a great weekend together....but if you are festin' solo, I highly suggest High Sierra Music Festival, where you can stop and talk to a stranger and go over the music schedule with just about anyone and feel like youve found home. If youre interested in community and all night top notch jamming performances, there might be other fests that will spark your fancy more than Summercamp. If you love BBQing, moe, and just straight up casual rage, Sumemrcamp is a lot of fun!

madaeb1 Tue 4/4/2006 02:59PM

madaeb1

TWO WORDS -

umph barn

gvasos starstarstarstarstar Wed 4/5/2006 02:25PM

Definately the best all around line-up yet. Congrats Jay! The potential collaberations is mind-blowing. Cheers to all...tis the start of the summer festival season.

green024 starstarstarstarstar Thu 4/6/2006 09:29AM

I love this fest. if you want to pay to go have "good vibes" at a fest then to each his own. I go for the music and the headie midwest folk. I will admit that this fest does have some growing to do, but it is a music fest and that is exactly what it brings (Umphreys barn set, "no more tears", fuckin sick!!!!) Other festies have their perks, but this one has been a unique festival, it's reasonably priced, lineup is great. Jeff Austin solo a couple of years ago was some of the best bluegrass i've ever scene. "smells like balls, piss and beer" UM What?!!!

rebubula7 Thu 4/6/2006 10:42AM

rebubula7

Don't listen to the naysayers! SummerCamp is awesome and the lineup this year is out of this world! If you can't carry your gear then get a wagon. People are so lazy these days! The park is beautiful! SummerCamp was one of my favorite festivals last year and I went to plenty! Hope to see you all there!

debbyshipp Thu 4/6/2006 09:04PM

I will tell U this much...everyone that can go to this festival needs to be sure to check out the new guy, Gran Bel Fisher. He plays a bad ass piano, can pick a guitar & sing along, playing either one of 'em pretty darn good!!!! IMO...but since you're there enjoying all the music, check GBF out.

Debby Shipp

YaMarLivesOn Sun 4/9/2006 02:52PM

This will be my first trip to summer camp and i'm traveling all the way from New Hampshire! I'm going with two of my girlfriends a week into our summer vacation are we're pumped. The 18 hour car ride alone will be a trip and I'm hoping that the festival rocks. I'm psyched. I've been to a few other festivals before, moe. down 6 being my favorite... I'm hoping to get that same small vibe festival experience out of this. Overall, I'm counting down the days til Summer Camp 06!

Borealis Fir starstarstarstarstar Mon 5/8/2006 05:59PM

Excited for the festival. Heading down from the upper peninsula in Michigan (marquette) anyone who wants to carpool or ride together on the way, your welcome, peace out

junglist Sun 5/21/2006 07:46PM

junglist

I traveling all the way from New Jersey. I cant wait to go.

Colin Thu 5/25/2006 09:34PM