PRINCE HIDES TIX IN ALBUM

Prince
Prince tickets are a hot commodity, and well, Prince himself is, shall we say, eccentric. These two factors have led the superstar to a rather intriguing form of promotion: In seven copies of his upcoming album 3121, Prince has hidden a purple ticket that will allow finders to be flown to Prince's hometown of Minneapolis for a private concert.

Click here to automatically enter, and purchase Black Sweat & Beautiful, Loved & Blessed at iTunes now. For mail-in info and official rules, please visit www.3121countdown.com

The album will be released on March 21st. Best of luck, and happy hunting.

[Published on: 3/9/06]

Comments

spainpat starstarstarstarstar Thu 3/9/2006 11:48AM

spainpat

Does he think he is Willy Wonka?

BigA Thu 3/9/2006 12:05PM

BigA

Its Prince Wonka... although singing I've got a "purple" ticket just doesn't have the same ring to it.
wonder if he'll have veruca salt play the private concert as well...

banjo45 Thu 3/9/2006 12:15PM

that would be bitchin', I hope a really big fan gets to go. It kind of reminds me of Willy Wonka.

kyleP13 Thu 3/9/2006 12:22PM

willy wonka?

big_blue Thu 3/9/2006 12:48PM

thats a pretty good idea

phishluvr Thu 3/9/2006 03:00PM

phishluvr

Did everyone forget that Cheese did the same thing.

kb4404 Thu 3/9/2006 03:29PM

If you haven't had the chance to see Prince you have to check him out!! One of the best shows I have ever seen! I hope I get a golden, I mean purple ticket!

jerryil starstarstarstarstar Thu 3/9/2006 09:36PM

jerryil

Sure, sure..... Do you think that Prince knows who the hell String Cheese is? I love the Cheese, but c'mon phishluvr. I suppose you think Gamehedge was an original idea?

jibblesman starstarstarstarstar Fri 3/10/2006 09:53AM

That is great. I would love a purple ticket. I don't understand what this has to do with string cheese though. I assume the article would have been titled Prince copies cheese if it were of any relevance. Obviously it is of no relevance. Even if I did ever know that string cheese did this it would be easy to forget b/c I am not a fan of their music. We are all happy that you stuck up for your individual mind though, phishluvr. Regardless, Prince makes it seem like an excellent idea.

The Glick Fri 3/10/2006 02:36PM

The Glick

i got a purple ticket! who's your dady?

KMQ Photo starstarstar Sun 3/12/2006 07:42AM

KMQ Photo

nice brian, but how did you get a ticket 11 days before the album is released??? (just cause I want that advantage especially since I'll be out of country at Jam in the Dam when this is released.....

....also makes me think back to the Prince show I have fom 1986 in Detroit with the Revolution on his Birthday! Most pimpin' show ever that turned me into a die hard Prince fan. the only word to describe that show.....NASTY!...and thats what that show will be in Minneapolis!!!

Alex.Anastas starstarstarstarstar Mon 3/13/2006 11:41PM

Alex.Anastas

Willy Fagala Wonka, he is...

I like it though!