THE RETURN OF PARTICLE

Particle Transforms This Spring!
Shout Factory DVD & Appearances At SXSW & Joshua Tree Music Festival Confirmed

Particle is poised to return to the stage this spring with a fresh lineup, new material, a tour, and a DVD. The bands first live performance of the New Year will be on Friday February 24 at the Henry Fonda Theater in Hollywood. Billed as "Particle: Transformations," the show will be filmed for a DVD to be released this summer and will feature an array of special guests. Tickets will go on sale this Saturday January 14 at 10 a.m., and are available online at www.goldenvoice.com. Additional information about the evening's festivities and guests will follow over the next few weeks.

Particle is excited to announce it's signing with Shout! Factory, who will release the Particle: Transformations DVD nationwide. Produced by Captured Live Productions, it will be the bands debut DVD, and a follow-up to 2004's Launchpad released by Or Music.

The band enjoyed a stellar year in 2005 both home and abroad, balancing performances at Bonnaroo, Summerfest, New Orleans Jazzfest, and Wakarusa with return trips to England and the Netherlands. Last year also saw Particle teaming up with The Grateful Dead's Mickey Hart to form Hydra for a national tour. After parting ways with guitar player Charlie Hitchcock, the band has been focusing on writing new material, auditioning guitar players, and preparing for the next phase in their evolution.

They will mount their spring tour and return to road warrior status with an appearance at South by Southwest before traversing the country for the better part of April. Particle has also confirmed that they will headline the Joshua Tree Music Festival this May in Southern California.

Stay tuned for more tour updates in the coming weeks.

Current Itinerary:

02.24 | Los Angeles, CA-Henry Fonda Theatre | Particle: Transformations
03.16 | Austin, TX | South by Southwest
05.20 | Joshua Tree, CA | Joshua Tree Music Festival

[Published on: 1/12/06]

Comments

floydianpsych starstarstarstar Thu 1/12/2006 11:59AM

the loss of hitchcock is extremely dissapointing, but i look forward to the evolution of one of the most intense live acts out there.

Death Cube K starstarstarstar Thu 1/12/2006 01:53PM

Death Cube K

I'll say this; When I saw them at, 'The Paradise' in MA this past fall, I felt like something was missing. They are all talented, but I noticed there were 3-4 covers and that was a little strange. The announcement of Hitchcock leaving did not suprise me, it confirmed my speculation. I look forward to testing the fresh lineup.

petemags5 starstarstarstarstar Thu 1/12/2006 03:01PM

petemags5

Bring it on!

toeknee420 starstarstarstar Thu 1/12/2006 03:11PM

toeknee420

Any word on who's gonna fill the guitar spot? I liked hitchcock, but he was the weak link. I say skrew another guitar player and get Bootsy up there. Don't mind me, just posting like an ass ")

RRBACK Thu 1/12/2006 07:25PM

particle's perfomance at wakarusa seemed stale. I think they got the kick in the pants they needed.

udsh starstarstar Fri 1/13/2006 07:49AM

they need buckethead, that would be udsh

gd4life Fri 1/13/2006 08:04AM

they are finally back. hopefully some more dates will be announced

saysiadog Fri 1/13/2006 09:19AM

john gentry jr. could get the job done!

Jason Woodside Fri 1/13/2006 10:33AM

Jason Woodside

partice is the definition of a mindless jamband. any group of semi talented musicians can go and simply trade solos for 30 minutes. molitz is the only one with talent in the band. he should just join the slip or some trio that needs a keyboard player, although the slip is so amazing they dont need him. particle has no musical direction, their songs dont go anywhere and they are BORING.

officialrx starstarstarstar Fri 1/13/2006 11:40AM

I vote for BUCKETHEAD!!! Can't wait for those NYC dates.

GregRN Fri 1/13/2006 07:05PM

I second Buckethead

bigfro Sat 1/14/2006 09:46AM

bigfro

Particle is like a basket ball team that doesn't pass. They are all too in too themselves to work togethre as a band (team). Steve neeeds to allow others to be talented also and then maybe challenge him live and make him better.

‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^› {¬¿¬} Sat 1/14/2006 07:24PM

why not get jimmy herring?? He needs the work and can tear up anything you like!!!!! Particle does get boring sometimes. They spend so much time building up, that by the time they get there, the listener is already lost interest.
Go Jimmy Herring!!!!! :)

‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^› {¬¿¬} Sat 1/14/2006 07:26PM

or perhaps Buckethead could get particle to break out the boredom ??? :)

crystalflame starstarstarstarstar Sun 1/15/2006 02:40PM

i think paticle is fantastic..and ive been blown away at every show...i think they r all super talented..esp steve...i love him...hes amazing..and i hope to see them at summer camp or i will truly be dissapointed...so to woodside...sry brother...but they r not boring...

dannymo starstarstarstarstar Sun 1/15/2006 05:44PM

dog u the man!!!!john gentry jr. is perfect!!!check him out in ray's music exchange and old lemmings shit.just ask the guys in umphrey's how sick he is,he sits in with them in ohio.

blissedout starstarstarstarstar Mon 1/16/2006 02:29AM

I am sad about any member of a great group of guys liike particle leaving, but maybe it's for he better. He seemed a little different than the rest of them, anyways. I have met all of them and I will continue to support their music. I absolutley LOVED their stuff with Mickey Hart! Can't wait to hear the new stuff. The Buckethead is a great one, btw!:)

biffney Mon 1/16/2006 05:22AM

biffney

I third Buckethead. I'm getting giddy thinking of the mindblowing possibilities. Buckethead with Particle could really put on on hell of a mind f%#$ for a show.
Hey woodsideji - why did you read the article if you don't like the band, was it just to post negative comments and inflame people - not all music is for all people, even within the jam band community. I personally don't care for the New Deal, therefore I don't read articles/news pertaining to them, nor do I post comments about them in places THEIR fans will read them. BTW - Molitz really IS amazing.

knibbs Mon 1/16/2006 09:47AM

knibbs

Particle was an interesting group from 2002-05, but they were very cliche. They were known as a band that would play so hard, fast, and most times too long(Roo 03 marathon set)that,I believe, they kinda played themselves out. It was very evident that a major change was in the works the last time I saw the band(Summer Camp 05). I wish them nothing but luck in the new year, and might check them out if they are at a fest or something, but probably won't check out an all Particular show.

Miruguy starstar Mon 1/16/2006 01:06PM

Hopefully, they'll overhaul the entire concept in addition to bringing on a new guitarist. They seemed to have a lot of potential when I saw them in 2000, but never developed into a great band (yeah, the music's fun to party to, but nothing you'd want to hear twice). They can't hold a candle to real bands like STS9 or Bisco.

raszputini Mon 1/16/2006 03:41PM

I can think of a lot of bands waaay more mindless than Particle. I saw them a couple times last year. The show in Asheville was completely sick. I always thought Charlie was kinda choppy though.

tea Tue 1/17/2006 07:29AM

I have always been a fan of Particle and they continue to develop as a band. I saw them in Philly with Mickey as Hydra and that was a really awesome sick show, that kept me dancing the whole time. ALso at the last Bonnaroo with the choir it was a great great experience. Singing Sly as the rain came, I can remember just being in ecstacy as they boke into I Want to Take You Higher. Also Buckethead would be sick I saw him sit in with them when they played at Irving Plaza in NYC a few years ago. So I am definately curious to see where this band is going.

Marcsmall Tue 1/17/2006 01:19PM

Marcsmall

Jimmy Herring is about 100000000000 times more talented than Buckethead.

Jason Woodside Wed 1/18/2006 10:29AM

Jason Woodside

why do you people think that buckethead or jimmy herring would lower themselves to play with particle? they play with talented bands.

ToddWalton starstarstarstar Thu 1/19/2006 01:45PM

woodside why would you leave a post just to start controversy i had a dream trey was the new guitarist how cool would that be

franklinberger starstarstarstar Mon 2/13/2006 02:57PM

franklinberger

The separation of Charlie Hitchcock from Particle, for me, does not sit well. When I saw them at Park West in Chicago one month before the break, I thought they were hitting on a cylinders. The crowd was rocking the whole show. 2 people most focused-on during the show, Charlie and Steve, in that order. His experience and vision will not easily be replaced. Too bad the vision rarely received its voice. The experience certainly came out everytime I saw him. Great tone. Great precision. Great spirit. Can't look back, but must always look ahead-here's hoping that the divorce will work out best for everyone, including us fans.