NO REST FOR PANIC: FALL TOUR ANNOUNCED

Dave Schools - WSP :: 10KLF by Chris Monson
Apparently the year-and-a-half was a long enough break for Widespread Panic. On the heels of a very successful Summer Tour Panic has already announced their Fall leg. Kicking off at Jazz Aspen on September 1st and 2nd, the band will hit Farm Aid, Austin City Limits before hitting strong holds in Iowa, Wisconsin, Alabama, Tennessee and the Eastern Seaboard before winding back through New Mexico and Arizona en route to Vegoose. Keep an eye on JamBase for details on Widespread Panic's Halloween events in Vegas.

TOUR DATES:

10.25 :: Kiva Auditorium :: Albuquerque NM
10.26 :: AVA :: Tuscon AZ
10.28 :: Dodge Theatre :: Phoenix AZ
10.30 :: Vegoose City :: Las Vegas NV
10.31 :: Las Vegas NV TBA

[Published on: 8/8/05]

Comments

krsmall starstarstar Mon 8/8/2005 02:46PM

wheres the northeast???

deadhead4444 starstarstarstarstar Mon 8/8/2005 08:20PM

wish they could come back to charlotte, NC!!

darkstarwood1022 Mon 8/8/2005 08:48PM

Im hoping they add some northeast..I dont see why they are not playing NYC

bmcclin starstarstarstarstar Tue 8/9/2005 07:06AM

sooooo excited! bring it south....austin, memphis, knoxville, mobile, birmingham, antioch, macon, jackson, little rock..see ya there boys :)

ttt34wd starstarstar Tue 8/9/2005 07:28AM

ttt34wd

Yea, we definitly need to see some northeast dates!

icculus2811 Tue 8/9/2005 10:15AM

I'll tell you why there's no NE shows, no one here gives a rat's ass about Widespread. Never have, probably never will. Just the way it is...

bwakerwsp Tue 8/9/2005 10:21AM

All you have to know is that they will be in Ames, Iowa back at CY Stephens Auditorium. The site of one of the most memorable nights of my life when I threw an 'Iowans for Panic' shirt on stage...That ended up on Mikey's rig for his last show. There are many 'Spirits in the Fields' here in Iowa and I am sure the likes of Buddy Holly, Richie Valens, Big Bopper, and Mikey Houser will all glide in to catch this show. Sometimes we find faith in the strangest places like...Ames, Iowa.

mtngirl1013 starstarstarstarstar Tue 8/9/2005 12:29PM

woo-hoo! Bring it ON!!!

trippedw Tue 8/9/2005 12:36PM

notice what's missing? What gives? First time in years that the fall tour does not wind through NOLA.

beam starstarstarstar Tue 8/9/2005 03:54PM

speak for yourself icculus2811. there is much love in the northeast for panic. your just bitter cause your boys quit. go buffalo bills

Riccymon starstarstarstarstar Tue 8/9/2005 07:36PM

Panic hits Ames, IA, alright! Good to hear from another Iowan, bakerwsp... I've never seen Panic live before, and barely listened to any of their recordings, but I'm excited to get a chance to see them in person and find out what they're all about!! This just made my night.

danpfunk Tue 8/9/2005 11:10PM

Cry me a river, the NE gets more than their fair share of shows. Besides everyone knows they are a southern band, why would we expect them to play NYC?

Lightenupyourload Wed 8/10/2005 07:05AM

Lightenupyourload

the northeast already gets tons of shows that the south doesn't. we here in florida are DELIGHTED they're coming here for 2 nights and right over the border in GA for a couple - can it get much better than DBT opening up for WSP? I think not.

PanicMePlease starstarstarstarstar Wed 8/10/2005 07:18AM

Panic's back in Iowa!!! Best damn jamband you'll ever see live, wish I could go to every show! See ya in Ames SpreadHeads!!! I'm so excited I've got Panic bumps!! hope they do another show at the Paramount in Cedar Rapids soon!

PanicMePlease starstarstarstarstar Wed 8/10/2005 07:54AM

we'll never forget you mikey... to the stars above he went, to the angels he plays, and in our hearts we keep him...and so Panic plays on!!
rest in peace Michael "Panic" Houser .

JAMMINJEN starstarstarstarstar Thu 8/11/2005 10:06PM

I can't believe the luck I'm having this fall.... I live in Birmingham.... and between Panic playing IN BIRMINGHAM,in Mobile, 4 times in TN, and twice in Georgia, along with VEGOOSE which is just amazing, I couldn't ask for more (except I wish I could go to all the shows!) But even after going on tour with Panic this summer, I'm already missing them and ready for more! Thanks guys!!

Myndi Thu 8/11/2005 10:51PM

There is just no love for us Oregon Folks these days....

dhuszar starstarstarstarstar Fri 8/12/2005 12:04AM

you damn right trippedw! where's our nola shows? isn't it bad enough we get passed up in the summertime too?

BuckenBronco2003 Tue 8/16/2005 10:14AM

What about Salt Lake City??????? North west also gets left out way more then north east.

Goot starstarstarstarstar Fri 8/19/2005 12:28PM

Forgot my camera at 10KLF and could have gotten great shots, but was blessed with a front row seat in Ames! Karma happens!

PanicMePlease Mon 8/22/2005 06:06AM

hey goot, how the hell did you get front row seat in ames? tickets don't go on sale until 8-26?? hook me up with your contact!!