A CHANCE TO WIN SET TIME AT CAMP BISCO REWORKING TUNES BY
BISCUITS, KING BRITT, BASSNECTAR AND BLACK SEEDS
URB.com and MixMatchMusic have teamed up with Camp Bisco 9 for the Second Annual Remix Contest. This year will feature four different artists and songs to remix. The contest began May 19 with tracks from event hosts The Disco Biscuits, Bassnectar, King Britt, and The Black Seeds (Editor's note: who put out a really sensational album last year). One grand-prize winner will be awarded a one-hour set on the stage of this year's Camp Bisco.
| The Black Seeds|
MCP Presents President Jonathan Fordin said, "Camp Bisco has always been about interesting on-stage collaborations and engaging our audience in new ways. With the remix contest we can honor the traditions and techniques of electronic music that the festival focuses on."
A new addition to the remix contest team for this year is the Remix Wizard, provided by MixMatchMusic, which includes easy-to-use web-based remixing tools for beginners. "Involving fans in the creative process through remixing is one of the best ways to make the artist – fan connection stronger," said Charles Feinn, CEO and co-founder of MixMatchMusic. "And, it's exciting and also humbling to know that we're playing a part in making those connections happen." MixMatchMusic's popular and versatile iPhone app builder MobBase will be used for the first ever Camp Bisco iPhone app.
How to participate
1) Choose a song to remix, and open up that Remix Wizard widget
2) Download song stems. It's free and easy.
3) Create your remix using the stems and any additional music or beats that either you have created or have a creative commons license for. You can also make your mix online by clicking on the MixMaker button of the widget.
4) Upload an MP3 of your remix via the same widget you used to download the stems. Enter as many Camp Bisco remixes as you like.
5) Share the track with your friends and ask them to comment, rate, playlist your mix and share it with their friends on twitter, Facebook, MySpace, and their blogs, etc.
6) Once you have finished and uploaded your remix, judges from Camp Bisco and URB.com will select a winner for each track and one grand-prize winner.
7) Contest ends June 21, 2010. Winners will be notified by June 28, 2010.
Each remix will have one winner. Each of those winners will go on to compete for the Grand Prize. The winning remix of each track will receive a prize pack of CDs from each of the remix artists and two tickets to the festival. One grand prize winner will also receive 2 passes to the festival with Artist credentials, a custom MobBase iPhone app and lifetime subscription from MixMatchMusic, $200 for travel expenses and a hotel room along with the chance of a lifetime — a one-hour set in front of thousands of festival goers at Camp Bisco 9.
The competition started May 19 and runs until June 21. Winners will be announced on June 28. Stems and all rights to the submissions for the remix contest will be owned by the remix track artists/labels.
Go here to start working on your remixes.