DSO & Keller: 3-Show Run

Dark Star Orchestra and Keller Williams Team Up

Keller Williams
Dark Star Orchestra has announced a three-show run with Keller Williams. The two acts will join forces at Artpark in Lewiston, NY on July 16, Saranac Brewery in Utica, NY on July 17 and Vasa Park in Hackettstown, NJ on July 18.

Keller will kick off the show doing his solo looping freak show and DSO will be playing an extended set to close each night. These will be the first shows with this double-bill pairing. Dark Star Orchestra continues their tour in Arizona this weekend before a lengthy California jaunt; while Keller Williams performs Saturday at Lutsen Mountain in Minnesota April 4.

Complete DSO dates here. Keller dates here.

[Published on: 4/3/09]

Comments

angelsfear Fri 4/3/2009 05:34PM
oboyler Fri 4/3/2009 05:34PM

oboyler

good news. hittin up the brewery for sure

phunkle Fri 4/3/2009 06:25PM

phunkle

bring this to VA!!!!

Beaser starstarstarstarstar Fri 4/3/2009 06:41PM

Beaser

KristySkies if you dont have anything positive to say about anything they put up on this site then dont say shit.

TheACDCBag starstarstarstarstar Fri 4/3/2009 07:00PM

wow this is awesome, so there is no reason to hate. Artpark is a beautiful venue, right on the niagara river/gorge. i will make it to one of these gigs for sure, people should be planing the same. Peace through Music 8D

helpslipfire star Fri 4/3/2009 08:12PM

helpslipfire

too many fake (Garcia's)

angelsfear Fri 4/3/2009 08:16PM

angelsfear

^way way way to many fakes garcias.

Buddy BadVibes Fri 4/3/2009 08:54PM

Buddy BadVibes

You think they'd let the cover band open for Keller.

rainydaywomen420 starstarstarstarstar Fri 4/3/2009 08:54PM

rainydaywomen420

more people need to know about artpark, amazing venue set on the niagara river, free shows every tues and weds on the gorge.

mcbacuma Fri 4/3/2009 08:54PM

mcbacuma

Only one fake Garcia... And a pretty good one. This looks great! I wish I lived back east.

WJCU Deadhead starstarstarstarstar Fri 4/3/2009 09:23PM

Why hate on DSO? I know there's a bias towards cover bands (I know bands that violently hate DSO simply because they're a cover band), but these guys are some of the finest musicians in the jam scene. Believe me when I say, they not only treat this material with the respect with it deserves, but they play it DAMN well. As in, this might be a better ticket than 90's Dead. Everyone needs to get a grip.

Just my .02. Oh, and Keller is bomb.

Colonel Forbin Fri 4/3/2009 09:31PM

Colonel Forbin

Dark Star is great but Keller is far from bomb. Solo Keller gets old FAST. Caught him at the egg in Albany a few weeks ago and that show put me to sleep. Much much better with the Mosley, Droll, and Sipe.

jmarcum Fri 4/3/2009 10:45PM

jmarcum

i dont know why they said this is the first time they are pairing will there be a full tour? i saw keller and dso at deercreek back in 04, the day before the 2 phish shows and i think particle opened for keller but keller came out with dso and it was the shit want to see more hope i can see this since the 19th is my bday

jus100odon Fri 4/3/2009 11:09PM
Beherenow starstarstarstarstar Fri 4/3/2009 11:23PM

Check out the DSO show from Stubbs in Austin, TX from earlier this year, awesome!!! Learn to be a part and not a part from!! PS. Keller Williams-is what one man can do when he puts his mind to it!

shoffer Fri 4/3/2009 11:23PM

vasa park is a great time...small one day festival in a great low key location...last year had NRPS and 2 sets of dark star...keller should be a great addition to the mighty high

Deadphishbiscuits Sat 4/4/2009 05:10AM

Deadphishbiscuits

rainday women is this part of those free shows at art park?

again utica....sweet!

alienscape Sat 4/4/2009 05:56AM

where the fuck is Particle, btw...... give me Particle NOW!!!!!!!

tDB get me off Sat 4/4/2009 06:03AM

tDB get me off

keller is the fucking man. anybody that hates on him is a fool. he tears it up constantly. too bad this run is during camp. artpark is an amazing venue though

blueice3 Sat 4/4/2009 06:17AM

The Donna Jean Godchaux Band will be joining these guys at the Mighty High in Vasa Park, Hackettstown, NJ on July 18th! A jewel of a festival judging from last year!!

jerZ Sat 4/4/2009 06:22AM

Why all the hatin? What's up with "too many fake Garcias"? Of course there will only be one Jerry, but there are a lot of people out there that want to still be able to go hear Garcia's music. Of course these guys cant replace Jerry, but it helps us get out Jerry fix. And Keller puts on a great show- he is fun, energetic, and a really nice guy who actually cares about his fans and making the jamband scene a better place.

rollamcnut Sat 4/4/2009 07:31AM

rollamcnut

"Too many Jerrys?", & K-Dub is "Way too Hippie?" I'm sorry I thought I was on JamBase, but I guess this is like the judgement section on American Fucking Idol..... "Way to pitchy dawg, & I just wasn't feeling it"...... Shut the Hell up, & do what a wise man one told me, "just focus on the bass!!!"

Drew_Dub Sat 4/4/2009 08:18AM

DSO tore it up at Vasa Park last year, can't wait to see what they do this time.

I heard it was gonna be keller> DSO> Zen Tricksters

worthlesswampyfool Sat 4/4/2009 09:08AM

worthlesswampyfool

yeah, bands should only play their own material... thats why jerry covered everything!!! enjoy the music, and its quality, not whos playing it. and put the kool-aid and pipe away.

Lotusdream Sat 4/4/2009 09:24AM

Lotusdream

Keller and DSO, that will get all the kidz dancin' in the streets! I'm going to see Keller in Breckenridge later this month...can't wait!!!!!!!!! Have fun hatin', but remember it's much easier to love:)

boom shanker Sat 4/4/2009 10:57AM

boom shanker

haha his solo looping freak show

rainydaywomen420 Sat 4/4/2009 11:33AM

rainydaywomen420

nah deadphish, its 30 bucks inside the main amplitheatre, although artpark has great free shows evry summer last year they had moe and mule free, dickey betts plays free every year. so happy this venue is finally catching on, they lost all their state funding this year so theyll be bringing in some big acts, i was leaked info from a friend that works there that wilco has confirmed a show in the amplitheatre.

veggedout starstarstar Sat 4/4/2009 12:27PM

All Good here I come!

irtimed Sat 4/4/2009 01:07PM
stankja starstarstarstar Sat 4/4/2009 01:33PM

love to say it keller is the fucking man and dso is the shit. wish they were playin near my spot and get the hell off here if all you want to do is talk shit about someone doing something you cant do. keller keller keller keller keller keller!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

stankja Sat 4/4/2009 01:35PM

o and by the way wmds that was kellers dream band dumbass they didnt kick him out they just kept playin together after keller went back to his own thing

gang1027 Sat 4/4/2009 02:49PM

gang1027

ive never heard of someone being "too hippie", it sounds like itd be a good time though...so pumped about keller being in the western new york area its been a long time coming

pugs689 starstarstarstarstar Sat 4/4/2009 05:32PM

We are lucky to have musicians out there celebrating the life of Jerry and The Grateful Dead!!!

gratefulkev Sat 4/4/2009 06:49PM

gratefulkev

dark star is sweet. I dont understand why people hate on them for being a cover band. They are awesome and for 25 bucks a ticket u cant get any better

TheACDCBag starstarstarstarstar Sat 4/4/2009 07:15PM

jus100odon- you and a friend should walk to some secluded area with shovels and dig a nice big hole then you should lay down in that hole and have your friend start filling in dirt because there is no reason for you to be walking this earth.

moemoney17 Sat 4/4/2009 08:23PM

I am from Lewiston ARTPARK is the shit!!!!!! wonderful vibes and a great place to trip!!! The stage is located right next to the Niagara River Many great smoke spots in the woods , great hiking trails, and secret waterfall near the Tuesday in the Park stage. Govt mule, Moe. , Dickey Betts 3 years in a row, Derek Trucks Band, now Keller and Dark Star!!!!! this is sick I will be there front and center

smiley3 Sat 4/4/2009 09:32PM

I think Eggs Benedict in the morning beats all you high school kids BS talking about who is better than who..what shows have any of you seen....and please...if you respond let them be no later than 1997...b/c Im sorry "cheese" et al... build a repetoire then get your driver's liscence, then comment on music...OR just BITCH BITCH BITCH like the fans of Justin Timberlake do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

shaggy729 starstarstar Sun 4/5/2009 06:34AM

wow, it will be an awsome show with keller and dso together, hell they are tough to match apart. all are great musicians and the music rocks. I caught many dead shows and they were about playing great songs not just their great songs, lighten up on cover bands, i am sure if you play an instrument you only play originals!!!

MyFavBandIsTheBestYoursSucks starstarstarstarstar Sun 4/5/2009 11:06AM

MyFavBandIsTheBestYoursSucks

Thanks Smiley! If I only had a nickle for everytime a idot posts on jambase, Remember when jam music wasnt "cool" and spoiled whiners didnt know about it?

ddavidd Sun 4/5/2009 04:04PM

ddavidd

You know, I'm interested in starting an intelligent conversation about the DSO- I've seen them and they sound great. But I feel sorry for them. The strict rules they have to follow- if they're jamming and want to go into darkstar, the music wants to go there, too and the setlist says they can't, then they can't, right?

They're great musicians too and probably very creative. But, if one of them writes a great song, we'll never get to hear it.. So- I think it would be pretty frustrating to be a member of the DSO.

SteveTheHut Sun 4/5/2009 06:40PM

If you love DSO, check out all the great Dead and Jerry downloads and more on my blog: http://welcometonow.wordpress.com/ ... Enjoy!

SuperFish Sun 4/5/2009 07:12PM

Smiley and Myfavnand- who cares what you to clowns have to say about shit... I guess when you guys started going to shows you had already been to 30 shows in the good era of music, right? You never went to your first couple of shows and were excited about it. Keep your hipocritical BS to yourself, everyone starts somewhere.

Cola21 Mon 4/6/2009 08:23AM

Cola21

Not to get all philosophical Lotusdream, but I actually think its far easier to hate than to love.

MyFavBandIsTheBestYoursSucks Mon 4/6/2009 09:57AM

MyFavBandIsTheBestYoursSucks

SuperFish, you are missing my point. Im glad good folks are getting interested, but its getting mainstream, bringing in ignorant people & it bugs me. Enjoy the shows!

smiley3 Mon 4/6/2009 10:23AM

In response to Superfish...yes I had seen 30 shows prior to going to my OWN first, thanks to gracious parents. And unfortunately, I didn't appreciate many of these moments when I should have, although very young...so to hear bitching makes me realize some people don't appreciate art, they just enjoy their own words, informative or not...as for this website: I would appreciate a day when a website is created that requires constructive and intelligent posting (not attacking Superfish in any way). I just like to read posts on bands I haven't seen, etc...and it always boils down to people Bitching and Bitching and is completely irrelevant to the band or the story.

Widespreadhammock starstarstarstarstar Wed 4/8/2009 12:57AM

Widespreadhammock

Unfortunately this is not the place for constructive and intelligent posting. Solution? Stop reading the comments section.

Sound-Sun Tue 5/12/2009 05:53AM

Sound-Sun

DSO rocks!! Keller rocks!! this joint venture will bring new arrangements on the continued evolution of what is the foundation built by Garcia and The Grateful Dead. how can that be bad?

falls Fri 6/26/2009 06:24AM

i,ve seen keller w/ wmd and seen dso 3 x they are both great and can't wait to see the utica show every1 stop bitching , pass the pipe and enjoy the music thats what were paying for ,, they both put on great shows