Blue Turtle Seduction Tour

Blue Turtle Seduction West Coast Tour

Blue Turtle Seduction
From the partying, up-beat social scene of South Lake Tahoe comes Blue Turtle Seduction, a high-energy dance band traveling in a vegetable oil-fueled tour bus. The group is on the road through November, bringing their five-piece rock, bluegrass, reggae and hip-hop party machine to eager cities in California and Nevada.

This band captures the "work hard, play hard" mentality and transforms it into a musical art form. Featuring Jay Seals (guitar, vocals), Glenn Stewart (harmonica, pan flute, vocals), Christian Zupancic (violin, mandolin, vocals), Stephen Seals (bass) and Adam Navone (drums), Blue Turtle Seduction is music with a message. Bolstered by a tireless work ethic, the quintet boasts inventive lyrics, endless harmonies, melodic string and woodwind arrangements and a grooving rhythm section that gets audiences moving in sync.

TOUR DATES:
12/13 - Winston's - San Diego, CA
12/17 - The Blue Cafe - Long Beach, CA
12/20 - The Starry Plough - Berkeley, CA
12/27 - The Mystic Theater - Petaluma, CA
12/31 - The Great Basin Brewery (w/ Izabella) - Sparks, NV

[Published on: 11/3/08]

Comments

stealin Mon 11/3/2008 05:53PM
Colonel Redbeard Mon 11/3/2008 06:02PM

Colonel Redbeard

bt reduction

Colonel Redbeard Mon 11/3/2008 07:13PM

Colonel Redbeard

just kidding ... i love blue turtle

desert_drifter Mon 11/3/2008 08:43PM

desert_drifter

yo stealin' - get a map and realize that this band doesn't have a lot of cash or a huge following. check out the clubs they are playing. this is a local band trying to build a local following. so they are not playing red rocks and deer creek... but if you have been to great basin or the starry plow you would know that blue turtle will be playing a bunch of small gigs at some great places.

rzaa55 Mon 11/3/2008 08:51PM

Blue Tutle is amazing. I saw them at wakarusa late night at a small tent and they ended up being one of the best bands to play the festival. The amount of fun they have perfroming was something I hadnt seen in a while. Just pray for there perfect gentleman cover it is very niice. hopefully they make it to chicago sometime...

beybebe Mon 11/3/2008 09:40PM

stealin said it. their manager is beat and has screwed over a bunch clubs in the mountains. its too bad becuase the band seems cool even though i am not into their music.

rarust Mon 11/3/2008 09:57PM

if any of you were at las tortugas this weekend youd know blue turtle knows how to throw down, or is at least able to put together a wicked weekend of music. may not love the music, but gotta love the vibe.

deltanove Mon 11/3/2008 10:22PM

Big props to the Turtles for a great weekend at Las Tortugas! Looking forward to you guys returning to Long Beach!

bbqribs starstarstarstar Mon 11/3/2008 10:26PM

bbqribs

Wait, their manager is totally nice. This is BS. Good luck on the road fellas.

‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^› {¬¿¬} Tue 11/4/2008 04:03AM

all west coast does not count as a tour.

AZ~*Droo* starstarstarstarstar Tue 11/4/2008 05:11AM

AZ~*Droo*

This band just got done with touring fatty style all year!!! they have an awesome unique style and their energy is so much fun. YAR! see ya at winstons. haters stay home ;)

Him starstarstarstar Tue 11/4/2008 06:18AM

Him

They NEED to come to the EAST COAST !!!

DAMONCORY Tue 11/4/2008 07:49AM

DAMONCORY

Im curious how a manager can screw over a club? ist it usually the other way around?

salviahead star Tue 11/4/2008 08:29AM
bear22 Tue 11/4/2008 09:08AM

bear22

My band opened for them in Truckee once at a festival called SOULstice that raised money for underprivileged kids. They actually played for 1/2 the cost that they normally do and were super friendly to the opening acts. Honestly, I don't like their music - but as far as I can tell they are genuinely good folks...never dealt with their manager though.

boxofrain Tue 11/4/2008 09:25AM

Huge Tour brahh! CA and NV

Recreational Chemist Tue 11/4/2008 10:33AM

Recreational Chemist

I dont know if I can trust people who seduce the blue turtles. I know the blue turtles, they deserve better...

hippyjessica Tue 11/4/2008 11:22AM

hippyjessica

"alot a jerks in this outfit..." Yeah, here's another one here. A LOT is two words.

Jamon Tue 11/4/2008 11:24AM

fyi: Blue Turtle fired their manager whom is referenced here. Give em a break.

Teabagger starstarstarstarstar Tue 11/4/2008 11:29AM

Teabagger

Love the Turtle! These guys are fun as hell. Just got back from Las Tortugas and can't wait for next year. Now if only we could get them on a Midwest tour....

SOAM84 starstarstarstarstar Tue 11/4/2008 12:05PM
ruphishy2 Tue 11/4/2008 12:11PM
egrooves starstarstarstarstar Tue 11/4/2008 01:17PM

this band rocks. period. shitty manager is long gone and the music can speak for itself. seriously a great group of guys too. go see em live!

RedHeaven starstarstarstarstar Tue 11/4/2008 02:46PM

RedHeaven

BTS just toured all over the east coast and CO. etc etc....the last 2 months. They need to hit up the upper midwest indeed. This is a homecoming tour, all of their fave places to play. Wish I could do em all. I cant get enough. Las Tortugas was fuckin amazing last weekend, and it waas great to hear BTS play every set with creativity and tightness with no repeats and a lot of special guests. The new chapter is starting in their history and its exciting to hear whats unfolding. I hope they stick around for a verry long time, because I feel that sing alongs and great melodies lack in this music scene, and while BTS wont provide hawt Trey like guitar solos, they provide what a lot of bands dont for me.

avalongirl07 starstarstarstar Tue 11/4/2008 03:21PM

I actually just caught a couple BTS shows in Denver and thought they were pretty awesome. There is a ton of energy in that unit. I had the pleasure of speaking with a few of them and I didn't think they were jerks at all!?

I did hear their manager was recently let go, maybe they are on a new horizon? I don't know, but I wouldn't let a manager stop me from seeing a great live band. And that, they are.

scubashara starstarstarstarstar Tue 11/4/2008 03:34PM

scubashara

I have a lot of respect for these guys. They work hard and play even harder. It showed this weekend at Tortugas and at every show. Change is good and I look forward to the future. I think they have a really good thing going and I love their music.

stealin Tue 11/4/2008 05:09PM

They Are a good band and I've had good times carving turns to their tunes. I know too much about the seedy under belly of the music world, remember Lenny Hart??? Like I said before, " A knife in the back and more of the same". They have been dealing with a shyster, they just need a little enlightening.

stealin Tue 11/4/2008 06:18PM

I think yall are right on and I've been doing some research and I did not know they fired the lenny , job well done!!!!!!!!! Go BTS . And GOBAMA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BCrizzo Tue 11/4/2008 09:18PM

Long live the TURTLES!!!!!!