Free Election Week Download From the Drive-By Truckers

FREE DRIVE-BY TRUCKERS DOWNLOAD
"UNCLE PHIL AND AUNT PHYLLIS IN THE MONTH AFTER THE ELECTION"

Patterson Hood
A note from the Drive-By Truckers' Patterson Hood:

I wrote this song the week after the 2004 Presidential Election. I was in a state of semi-shock and near-depression as my daughter's birth was impending and I was depressed to think of her born into the world during a Bush Presidency.

It was recorded live in the studio at Chase Park Transduction with me on the microphone, David Hood (my Dad) on the bass guitar, Johnny Neff playing some sleazy sounding electric guitar, Brad Morgan playing the drums, and David Barbe on the B3. It was late at night and everyone's spirits were high.

I am throwing this out as my election week gift to you.

Please get out and vote.

I will be voting for Obama because I think he has the guts, vision judgment and smarts to guide us through these troubled times and help America regain her prominence in the 21st century.

It's time for a change and not four more years of bullshit.

Jr. has wrapped the Camaro around too many telephone poles and it's time to take his keys away.

LONG LIVE AMERICAN DEMOCRACY.

Respectfully Yours,
Patterson Hood

Click Here to Download (and click "Download" on the page this link opens)

[Published on: 11/3/08]

Comments

jalew Mon 11/3/2008 12:04PM

jalew

"Jr. has wrapped the Camaro around too many telephone poles and it's time to take his keys away"

that's one way to put it!

Cola21 Mon 11/3/2008 12:12PM

Cola21

Thanks Patterson and thanks for all of your contributions to society.

Speaking of country-rock, I need somewhere to spout how much Cardinology has rocked my soul in the last 24hrs. Get the new Ryan Adams. Speaking of new music, I need somewhere to spout how much Time the Conqueror is a typically face-kicking assault of brilliance from Jackson Browne.

I guess I won't be able to express that.

canoftunapudding Mon 11/3/2008 02:30PM

I like the truckers but I don't like this shit. politics aside.

Coconut Phil star Mon 11/3/2008 03:48PM

Coconut Phil

stay away from the politics man, we need some common ground. Just keep jamming.

RichardHaley Mon 11/3/2008 04:26PM

I don't think you can have Patterson's music w/out the politics. The Truckers' inspiration (esp the songs Hood writes) often comes from the hellfire of our dying American Dream... and it's hard to wrap that up and not make it political. This song here is classic Hood - slow, creeping rhythm, strange, creepy guitar echoes and haunting, hushed vocals that will tear into your soul...

Chaloupka starstarstarstarstar Mon 11/3/2008 06:05PM

Chaloupka

Rignt On!

AintNoFreedom starstarstarstarstar Tue 11/4/2008 12:56PM

AintNoFreedom

Nice! Interesting song too.. although I'd say it's more of a poem.

granola Tue 11/4/2008 01:49PM

How could anybody like the Drive By Truckers. They're terrible.

futhepharmer starstarstarstarstar Thu 11/6/2008 04:49PM

futhepharmer

jeez freak do you only like music you have to do mad drugs to understand?

Drive by Truckers are stellar. But then, their music has words, so I wouldn't expect you to understand