Wilco To Hit Colbert Report

Wilco To Be Featured on "The Colbert Report"

Wilco
As if good ol' Stephen Colbert wasn't enough to make you watch "The Colbert Report," this Thursday the wonderful Wilco lads will be the special musical guest. Set to perform one song, the Chicago rockers follow a long line of quality live music on The Report including The Roots, R.E.M., Nas, Feist, the Decemberists and many more. The program airs this Thursday, October 30, on Comedy Central at 10:30 p.m. EDT.

The Report gig begins a nice little tour for Wilco that includes a Concert for Change in Madison, Wisconsin on Saturday, November 1 before they do a leg supporting Neil Young in December.

And if you haven't done so already, be sure to get your free download of Wilco and Fleet Foxes doing Bob Dylan's "I Shall Be Released" here.

Wilco Tour Dates
12/07/08 Sun The Palace Auburn Hills, MI *
12/12/08 Fri Wachovia Center Philadelphia, PA *
12/13/08 Sat DCU Center Worcester, MA *
12/14/08 Sun Lyric Opera House Baltimore, MD *
12/15/08 Mon Madison Square Garden New York, NY *
12/16/08 Tue Madison Square Garden New York, NY *
01/30/09 Hill Auditorium (Ann Arbor Folk Festival) Ann Arbor, MI - (Jeff Tweedy solo)
* with Neil Young, Everest

[Published on: 10/28/08]

Comments

moephishH2O starstarstarstarstar Tue 10/28/2008 05:14PM

moephishH2O

That gets a 'Tip of my hat!' Man, I wish they'd do another West Coast run soon!

jalew Tue 10/28/2008 05:36PM

jalew

it will be hard to top that yo yo ma performance last night!

Chaloupka starstarstarstarstar Tue 10/28/2008 05:47PM

Chaloupka

Sweet! One of my favorite bands on one of my favorite shows!

gmoo Tue 10/28/2008 06:08PM

gmoo

Yo Yo Ma was great on Colbert last night

iwantstogetfunkedup Tue 10/28/2008 07:23PM

NATION!!! You should be very excited about this appearance on the Colbert Repor

Flat5 Tue 10/28/2008 08:03PM

Flat5

yea gmoo yo yo was bad ass last night. thanks for the heads up Jambase!

futhepharmer starstarstarstarstar Tue 10/28/2008 09:10PM

futhepharmer

ha ha ha...what can I say. I've touted him in these arenas before and I shall say it out loud with pride once again...Stephen Colbert IS THE most trusted news source in the nation! Those of us intelligent enough and well read will know how to "read between the lines" and ascertain the real news, filtered ONLY through comedy. And for Colbert to be blessed with the presence of the one and only Wilco on his show is most pleasing to my dome for sure! I urge everybody who hasn't seen this terrific show to give it a try...it just might make you a better person. Repeated viewings are encouraged!

futhepharmer Tue 10/28/2008 09:15PM

futhepharmer

and yes, I read, listen to, watch, and witness all of the news sources that I can get my hands on save for Fox news (unless you count the bits that Jon Stewart, Stephen Colbert, and others make fun of).

FOX NEWS KILLS BABIES AND BRAINS!

curtbraski starstarstarstarstar Tue 10/28/2008 11:16PM

curtbraski

i wonder if this is because the election is coming up next week

rainydaywomen420 starstarstarstarstar Tue 10/28/2008 11:29PM

rainydaywomen420

ahhh yes what a week, a freak wilco show in rochester only two days after i get to see them open for the almighty neil young in toronto, now this, my cake is iced twice over. I love colbert and indeed fu it is truly my most trusted news source through and through. WILCO NOW! 08'

rainydaywomen420 starstarstarstarstar Tue 10/28/2008 11:31PM

rainydaywomen420

i might add yo yo ma is one sharp motherfucker.

PCPrabbit Wed 10/29/2008 08:04AM

PCPrabbit

i just got into wilco recently. sky blue sky is pretty killin.

acomma Wed 10/29/2008 08:06AM

acomma

me too prabbit. SBS has been in my rotation since mid-summer.

moephishH2O starstarstarstarstar Wed 10/29/2008 08:45AM

moephishH2O

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot is still my favorite :-)

C00lmike Wed 10/29/2008 09:29AM

C00lmike

Got my FREE tickets to the Madison show this morning

futhepharmer starstarstarstarstar Wed 10/29/2008 09:53AM

futhepharmer

A most stellar Wilco album from the past to check out is "Being There". Back before they kicked out multi-instrumentalist Jay Bennett, they were rockin' tons of fun. They still are now, they just went through a weird dark period. I remember a show on the Being There tour at the Trocadero in Philly, a former historical burlesqe theater. Jeff Tweedy ran offstage and came back with a bowl of fresh broccoli from the spread backstage. he set it down on top of an amp then threw a piece at Jay. Jay then proceed to through broccoli back at Jeff. This is all during a song mind you. Then Jeff picks up the entire bowl, and throughs ALL of the broccoli out into the audience. Of course, the audience then proceeded to to pelt the band with broccoli. Hilarious fo sho. Then Jeff starts walking like a duck in a shooting gallery back and forth while people where trying to tag him with pieces of broc! Absolutely THE funniest show I ever attended , not to mention one of the most rockin' Wilco show ever! I was dancin' with tears of laughter streaming down my face and when you combine insane laughing with intense music it makes for one fantastic experience! A major musical memory for sure.

futhepharmer Wed 10/29/2008 09:56AM
hnkscrpio Wed 10/29/2008 11:54AM

hnkscrpio

This will be great. I totally love "Being There" too, it's a double disc of music that only costs as much as a single disc album usually does, and it's all great.

groovatronics starstarstarstar Wed 10/29/2008 09:07PM

DAILY SHOW IS BETTER THAN THE REPOR ANY DAY! RAH RAH RAH!!!

willydog Thu 10/30/2008 04:10PM

willydog

Just caught both nights of the Bridge School Benifit. Sunday's cover of I shall be Released with Neil Young was all that is right in the world. Go Wilco or go home.

rainydaywomen420 starstarstarstarstar Fri 10/31/2008 12:06AM

rainydaywomen420

Wilco.... WIlco... Wilco will love you baby

rainydaywomen420 starstarstarstarstar Fri 10/31/2008 12:07AM

rainydaywomen420

WILCO NOW! 08

BGsteveBG Fri 10/31/2008 11:44AM

BGsteveBG

That song is awesome. Wilco just never stops!