Lesh & Weir NYC In-Store

GRATEFUL DEAD FOUNDING MEMBERS PHIL LESH & BOB WEIR TO MAKE IN-STORE APPEARANCE
To Sign Copies Of Historic New Grateful Dead Release Rocking The Cradle: Egypt 1978
At Midtown Manhattan Best Buy On October 14

Jerry Garcia at the Pyramids
Grateful Dead founding members Phil Lesh and Bob Weir will make a rare in-store appearance and signing to celebrate the historic release of Rocking The Cradle: Egypt 1978. The 2-CD/1-DVD Egypt collection features previously unreleased audio and video highlights from the band's legendary performances at the foot of The Great Pyramid in Gizah. The set will be released on September 30 from Grateful Dead Productions and Rhino.

Lesh and Weir will be signing copies of the release at the Best Buy in midtown Manhattan at 5th Avenue and East 44th Street on October 14 starting at 7:00 p.m. The first 400 people to purchase Rocking The Cradle at this Best Buy location on Tuesday, September 30 will receive a wristband entitling them access to meet Lesh and Weir on October 14. Please contact the store for more details at (212) 808-0309.

[Published on: 9/26/08]

Comments

TimCorcoran starstarstarstarstar Fri 9/26/2008 10:12AM

TimCorcoran

3 Cheers for Weir! (clapping in the background)

futhepharmer starstarstarstarstar Fri 9/26/2008 10:22AM

futhepharmer

Wish I could make it up for this. Phil signed my copy of "There and Back Again" at the Gathering of the Vibes he played at in 2001. I was first in line cuz I cleaned up the are. He was very nice and gracious. He was using a gold metallic pen and when he opened it the first time to sign my poster, it splashed gold ink all over my "be good family" shirt. He was all apologetic and I said "that's OK Phil, just sign my shirt as well!" He did but it was illegible. That was the show that he told the audience it was the most energy he had felt at a show since Egypt. little beknownst to him, the previously LSD lacking festie got a huge boost the morning of Phil's show (sat) thanks to some kids who brought mad amounts of clean ass wonderstuff, which obviously the majority of the folks there made use of! GOOD TIMES! GOOD TIMES!

phishr82 Fri 9/26/2008 10:29AM

phishr82

i can't wait to get my pre-order in the mail! The DVD is worth the price alone, IMO.

TheJuice starstarstarstarstar Fri 9/26/2008 10:36AM

TheJuice

I had the homemade parts of this on my computer for while. it just showed them walking around egypt. everybody was wacked out their minds.

TheJuice starstarstarstarstar Fri 9/26/2008 10:38AM

TheJuice

congrats to the bobby plant and the led zeps finally getting their stuff together

breckenridgejam starstarstarstarstar Fri 9/26/2008 11:18AM

breckenridgejam

Jerry is such a badass in that picture! That shit is legendary!

johnnygoff Fri 9/26/2008 11:42AM

johnnygoff

i have always wished Jerry had done this shot (see above) while facing the other direction because i put this sticker on the passenger side of my car and Jerry was always looking where we'd been and not where we were going....

sleewell Fri 9/26/2008 12:42PM

sleewell

does anyone else think they should do this at a mom and pop store instead of the evil best buy??? i think its great they want to do something for their fans but why are they supporting the man? money sucks, i want some.

mojowrkn starstarstar Fri 9/26/2008 01:35PM

mojowrkn

These shows weren't that good but the DVD will make up for that. :-)

brooklynite84 Fri 9/26/2008 01:38PM

Hey folks, why'll you're interested in the Egypt release, why not check out a new coffee table book with a lengthy wonderfully compacted pictorial capturing the very essence of this band, it's called GRATEFUL DEAD 365...i work at Barnes and Noble and we have had other bands within the 365 book series, of course The Beatles 365 and The Rolling Stones 365, but now to complete the greatest of the greats, we have the DEAD...the book is a series of Photographs taken from the Dead's humble beginnings or should i say Warlocks and spands through all the years til 95 and even up to present day with Phil Lesh and Friends, including a picture of his current lineup. It is actually not a bad book, so the next time you pop your head in a bookstore, check this book out, a great book for any DEADHEAD:)

HoodooVoodoo starstarstarstarstar Fri 9/26/2008 01:53PM

HoodooVoodoo

I have a pair of purple Daisy Dukes that I am going to bring in and have Bobby autograph them. I wear them whenever I watch One From the Vault.

cmkauf Fri 9/26/2008 04:11PM

WOW-

we are getting old.......

:}

gabus! starstarstarstar Fri 9/26/2008 08:14PM

gabus!

Would love to see it - but note that this was planned to be a live album 30 years ago when it was scheduled, but because of tuning issues and tightness, the band decided against putting it out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ....now of course its just historic. . .

makesensetome Sat 9/27/2008 10:09AM

toenails.

‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^› {¬¿¬} Mon 9/29/2008 05:36AM

how cool it must have been to be there for that :)

rainydaywomen420 starstarstarstarstar Mon 9/29/2008 07:24AM

rainydaywomen420

johnny goff that funny man, i have the same jerry sticker on my car and theres a simple solution. stick it on the driver side, his face is at the wind hair blown back, always looking further my friend

Smittea starstarstarstarstar Mon 9/29/2008 11:59AM

Smittea

I've been to Egypt and I've seen the Grateful Dead. Do I need to buy this album or can I just meld the two experiences?

Phattiebace Mon 9/29/2008 06:52PM

Ahhh I want it ALL, did anyone see the other Road Trips release "From Egypt With Love?" .. the boys are back at Winterland for 2 nights, carrying the egyptian vibe back with them. I love the artwork they choose for these newer releases...Long live the Grateful Dead

isthatyoujerry Tue 9/30/2008 03:17PM

isthatyoujerry

hey maybe i will ask bobby if he had a good time at bohemian grove this year and the year before that,and the year before that- ect....google santa rosa bob weir,???...>welcome to the jungle!

Lightenupyourload Tue 9/30/2008 07:33PM

Lightenupyourload

Weir and Lesh at a Best Buy?!! If they don't support independent record stores, who is going to?!! Seriously saddens me that these two rock legends are doing an in-store appearance in a corporate music store. Ya'll should take Jerry's pic down b/c I don't think he'd approve.

PCPrabbit Wed 10/1/2008 07:10AM

PCPrabbit

HAHA independent record stores? what are those? jk brah, but seriously i think there are like 5 left in the city. most that i know of are way too small to accommodate a crowd that phil and bobby would draw.

GreenGoat86 Wed 10/1/2008 12:07PM

GreenGoat86

God I really wish people would stop saying what jerry would or wouldn't do. He's dead and you have NO IDEA what he would think or do about ANYTHING today!!!

breadloaf Thu 10/2/2008 07:13AM

^^ I think he'd enjoy playing his guitar and singing.

irtimed starstarstar Sun 10/5/2008 10:24AM

irtimed

if he had stopped touring like in 93' and just stuck with Grisman, i think he would still be with us. maybe the ocasional dead or JGB show.