Greyboy & Pfunk NYE in SF

Greyboy Allstars & Parliament Funkadelic - New Year's Eve at The Warfield

Greyboy Allstars
Greyboy Allstars are pleased to announce New Year's Eve 2008 at The Warfield in San Francisco. This will be a co-bill with George Clinton & Parliament Funkadelic with both bands playing full shows!

Where are the boys? Well, Karl Denson has been joining his old bandleader Lenny Kravitz on the road all over Europe, Asia, and South America for the last six months and will be continuing into 2009 as well as working on a new Tiny Universe record. Look for a few spot West Coast dates by KDTU at the end of the year. Elgin Park has been scoring a new untitled Will Farrell film and just produced a new record with Inara George and Van Dyke Parks. Elgin and his beautiful wife Heather are also expecting a new child at the end of the year. When he is not evacuating from hurricanes in his adopted hometown, Robert Walter has been keeping the torch lit in the states with his New Orleans trio of drummer Johnny Vidacovich and bassist James Singleton supporting his latest record Cure All. Chris Stillwell and Aaron Redfield have been filling in for the New Orleans cats on a few dates. Chris and Aaron have also joined Elgin on a new instrumental trio called Namism. Stay tuned for more news on that and all related GBA chaos.

[Published on: 9/18/08]

Comments

toaster100 starstarstarstarstar Thu 9/18/2008 09:37AM

SICK!!! I saw P-Funk for my second time this last summer and it was one of the best shows I have ever seen, leagues beyond the other P-Funk show I saw. His band was so tight, I felt like my head was sloshing around in a sea of slippery sliding bass. I've wanted to see greyboy allstars for a while now, and cannot belileve they are playing the warfield with p-funk. Looks like san fran will be all funked up on NYE!!

Jeff Kash Thu 9/18/2008 09:51AM

Jeff Kash

This is going to be a blast!!! Have fun, West-Coasters!!!

nugghupher star Thu 9/18/2008 09:52AM

Greyboy brings the groove, but they rarely bring it to the east coast. we Jersey boys like to dance too.. what the f.....

rossco8 starstarstarstarstar Thu 9/18/2008 09:52AM

Yes. I will be there. I like funk.

stinkd starstarstarstarstar Thu 9/18/2008 09:52AM

toaster100- thanks for the good word about P-Funk, I havent seen them live in 10 years because 10 years ago I saw em' in Binghamton N.Y. and the show totally sucked. But hearing you say good things gets me excited to hear em' again. I saw Greyboy Allstars last year for New Years and it was phenomenal and I am surely going to be at this show in San Francisco, it's going to be an awesome new year!

iwantstogetfunkedup Thu 9/18/2008 09:52AM

YEEESSSSSS!!! Finally the west coast comes in with a serious PARTY for NYE! I've been seeing the Greyboys since the early '90's and they always throw down one of the best parties around. And then you have the Warfield, which might be my favorite venue of all time! And then you have some PFUNK grooves thrown in the mix! Needless to say I'm excited for this show!

porkfritter Thu 9/18/2008 10:39AM

porkfritter

stinkd, I wonder if you were at the same one as me? It was spring of '97 in B'hamton and I remember it being quite lackluster as well. Greyboy kills and they are one of my favorite live acts but, alas, I will be heading to Chicago for Umphrey's.

stinkd starstarstarstar Thu 9/18/2008 11:19AM

porkfritter- yup, that was the same show we both attended. It was in the SUNY Binghamton gymnasium and although the sound was horrible the band was not into it, and the crowd was a whole bunch of white kids being told by P-Funk to "raise your hands in the air" and trying to get the audience to dance but it just wasn't happenin' at all. The show sucked, P-Funk should have only played clubs in Ithaca instead of that big gym in Binghamton- But, Binghamton had a sweet Phish show in 1995 and that show was spectacular, and in addition to the show kickin ass it was my birthday and go figure, that show became the first Phish show put out on Phish's self produced live C.D.'s.

adventuresinperception starstarstarstarstar Thu 9/18/2008 11:43AM

adventuresinperception

tea leaf green at the mezzanine or GBA/P FUNK at the warfield???

Entangled Minds Clothing Thu 9/18/2008 12:11PM

Entangled Minds Clothing

Go out and get a new pair of dancing shoes folks!

okalrightic starstarstarstarstar Thu 9/18/2008 12:12PM

this MIGHT be the best NYE show out there this year...absolutely filthy combo!

zzonephan Thu 9/18/2008 01:05PM

zzonephan

sounds like fun, pfunk is the most unpredictable band though, ive seen them do great things and other times they have been very boring

danpfunk Thu 9/18/2008 01:08PM

Tear the roof off the mother sucka. Did I just imagine it or did it actually say KDTU shows? Yippee!

irtimed starstarstarstarstar Thu 9/18/2008 01:26PM

irtimed

my top 3 new years shows witch i WONT BE ATTENDING!!!!!

1.Mule in NYC

2.Greyboy & Pfunk

3.Panic in CO

jalew Thu 9/18/2008 02:53PM

jalew

^^wow.

phunkle starstarstarstarstar Thu 9/18/2008 03:09PM

phunkle

man, just wondering what someone has to do to get any positive feedback on this thread.....guess I better mention Isaac Hayes like bubba. For what it's worth, every band has off nights....GD, Phish, WSP, and you guessed it, even P-funk. They also (Isaac Hayes) have spectacular nights, and when you get one, you know just how amazing it (Isaac Hayes) was. Being NYE, I bet P-funk throws down for this show. Better give one last Issac hayes....

colonel forbinn Thu 9/18/2008 03:26PM

bubba,

too soon...

RAGGERS Thu 9/18/2008 03:45PM

Wow that sounds amazing theirs nothing like a pfunk show. Pfunk was one of the few concerts ive seen and ive seen alot of shows that i can consider life changeing

Window Thu 9/18/2008 11:09PM

Claypool and Zappa Plays Zappa at War Memorial for me on NYE.

‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^› {¬¿¬} starstarstarstarstar Fri 9/19/2008 03:52AM

RIP, Issac Hayes. what a mean bubba you are.

what a great show, GBA, and PF. NICE!!!!!

mesaxi Fri 9/19/2008 06:54AM

I'm with Window. I'll make the trip to SF but not for PFunk (though they would be my second choice for new years). Les and Dweezil, where it's at.

BGA1 Fri 9/19/2008 08:14AM

Les is at the war memorial on Van Ness. Great venue, only thing is tickets are 80-180 dollars and ITS ALL SEATS! I am sorry but a seated Les show, Come oN. If you asked me I would say that the 18 years I have followed that incredible man Les Claypool. Hands down my favorite performer of all times. I live pretty close to san fran been to Les the last 10 years for NYE. They all rocked. Maybe I am getting bored of the fact that he hasn't busted any new material for awhile. I love Les but I am passing for the fact of a SEATED NYE SHOW.. that just sucks to me

moephishH2O starstarstarstarstar Fri 9/19/2008 01:01PM

moephishH2O

Man, that is a tight show. Denver for me!

tron420 starstarstarstarstar Sun 9/21/2008 02:53PM

tron420

the band was smoking crack on stage at the last p-funk show i saw. It was so awesome i decided to induldge myself. Soon everyone in the theatre was freebasing. It was off the hook! ...epic.

groovatronics Sun 9/21/2008 07:58PM

sounds like Window knows what the fuck is up!

dylant Wed 9/24/2008 10:43PM

How fast will this sell out?

MBoots Wed 12/10/2008 04:55PM

MBoots

Can't wait for Greyboy at the Warfield but after them I'm headin' to Concourse to see Thievery Corporation! Sorry, I like P-funk but I'm gettin' my groove on w/ Greyboy.....and Thievery...BOYY!!